Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s youth soccer. Relax buddy. The world will survive without it.
    My $$$ goes to youth soccer “buddy”. This isn’t charity. Either play or refund/credit me.

You must be one of those entitled parents.

Fine, don’t play. Refund/credit me.

Prove me wrong, buddy...

Comment

My $$$ goes to youth soccer “buddy”. This isn’t charity. Either play or refund/credit me.

You must be one of those entitled parents.

Fine, don’t play. Refund/credit me.

Prove me wrong, buddy...

This 100%. I'm glad it's all shut down now, but refund me the money (or let me decide on a credit) if they don't end up playing. I understand why they are being cautious right now from the very top (US Club and US Soccer), to the state agency (NJYS), to the leagues (EDP as an example), and to the clubs themselves. Everyone is asking about refunds and no one really knows for sure if they can have a spring season at all. I'm sure a ton of clubs would take a financial hit if they handed back half of the collected dues, but that is what the relief packages are for (hopefully). I'm glad my kid's club is doing weekly virtual activities to keep her engaged, but it is obviously not the same as 4x a week group training plus games.

Comment

This 100%. I'm glad it's all shut down now, but refund me the money (or let me decide on a credit) if they don't end up playing. I understand why they are being cautious right now from the very top (US Club and US Soccer), to the state agency (NJYS), to the leagues (EDP as an example), and to the clubs themselves. Everyone is asking about refunds and no one really knows for sure if they can have a spring season at all. I'm sure a ton of clubs would take a financial hit if they handed back half of the collected dues, but that is what the relief packages are for (hopefully). I'm glad my kid's club is doing weekly virtual activities to keep her engaged, but it is obviously not the same as 4x a week group training plus games.
        If anything in some cases the virtual training programs are better training than what was going on in the old environment so academies are still earning every penny they have been paid and more.

Comment

Soccer and all sports are shutdown for a long time in NY and NJ. These states were hit too hard.

Other states will get back to sports much sooner than those 2 states.

Comment

If anything in some cases the virtual training programs are better training than what was going on in the old environment so academies are still earning every penny they have been paid and more.
            If this is true for your kid's club then it sucks and you should ask for a refund as well as move on for next year. How could a virtual training program replace (and be better than) regular training unless your coach and club are terrible?

Comment

Waiting for EDP, DA and ECNL 3v3 and/or 5v5 leagues to start up.

Comment

Waiting for EDP, DA and ECNL 3v3 and/or 5v5 leagues to start up.
                Not happening in NJ for awhile. Limiting the amount of kids won't matter as there is too much liability for the clubs and leagues to chance it.

Comment

Not happening in NJ for awhile. Limiting the amount of kids won't matter as there is too much liability for the clubs and leagues to chance it.
                  Dude, it was a joke as all 3 are money grubbing.

Comment

Dude, it was a joke as all 3 are money grubbing.
                    Sorry. I'm used to the people crying on here about not playing and still sending their kid to group practices.

Comment

No one is saying refunds shouldn’t happen. Relax lol
                      At this point the season is delayed. If and when it cancels then club will offer a refund if something. If yours doesn’t than you have a reason to complain.

Comment

No one is saying refunds shouldn’t happen. Relax lol
                        At this point the season is delayed. If and when it cancels then club will offer a refund if something. If yours doesn’t than you have a reason to complain.
                        Sorry Guys no refunds at the trainers are still putting in a lot of time designing and hosting online training sessions, who’s paying them for all the time they put in there??

Comment

Sorry Guys no refunds at the trainers are still putting in a lot of time designing and hosting online training sessions, who’s paying them for all the time they put in there??
                          Parents paid for real training, not for training you can get off of youtube for free.

Comment

EDP and the academies clubs in the "Leadership Council" are in kahoots. They plan on holding on to this seasons money as long as they can, dangling a carrot that the spring season will start. They are brain storming on how they will justify keeping our money.

Comment

EDP and the academies clubs in the "Leadership Council" are in kahoots. They plan on holding on to this seasons money as long as they can, dangling a carrot that the spring season will start. They are brain storming on how they will justify keeping our money.
                              Oh I'm sure. They'll say that half can go to virtual training and the other half all of the other "benefits" you received over the season. They'll make tryouts free and give you $100 off next year's registration.

Comment

Oh I'm sure. They'll say that half can go to virtual training and the other half all of the other "benefits" you received over the season. They'll make tryouts free and give you $100 off next year's registration.
                                I have been quite surprised by how well my sons team has been engaged during this by the coach. If we get this extra curricular work and a season once the fields re open then my money has been well spent.

Disclaimer........... I’m not going to say which my club my kid is at so we can avoid the usual points scoring on this forum

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X