Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Stop being obtuse. Youth soccer is but one aspect of this shutdown that is impacted. Like I posted before, it’s all BS. Bunch of panic-stricken snowflakes afraid of their own shadow. How many lives, families, businesses destroyed because of the shutdown? The shutdown is doing more damage than the virus.
    Easy to say until you’re faced with losing a loved one unnecessarily. Businesses can be bailed out or rebuilt.

[quite]While you all cower in fear in your homes, we’ll be outside working out, training, getting ready for whatever soccer season is left to us.[/QUOTE]
    Some of us go HAVE to outside to do our “essential“ jobs. We don’t spend our days at home resenting health care professionals and assorted libs for wanting to keep us safe at home so we can resume our businesses and soccer lives as soon as it’s possible to do so with our families and friends intact.

Comment

While you all cower in fear in your homes, we’ll be outside working out, training, getting ready for whatever soccer season is left to us.
      I'll be waiting for you in the ICU, good luck.

Comment

I'll be waiting for you in the ICU, good luck.
        Scared little snowflakes don’t get that there are already inexpensive, generic treatments for this: an anti malaria drug and an anti parasite drug. Ask yourself why all the fuss for a flu that we can treat with existing drugs?

As to people I care about, I made peace with death a long time ago. More importantly, how much death will the economic disruption cause needlessly?

Comment

I do. Pandemic is BS. Do you have an existing medical condition? Are you over 60? Then maybe you should isolate and stay at home while the rest of us get on with our lives. 50% of cases don't show symptoms and the mortality rate is 1-3% overall, higher if you're over 60. Guess what boomers, you had your time.

You all act like you'll never face death. Here's a hint snowflakes: Death is certain, just the timing that is not. Let the rest of us get on with our lives. If you're worried about being infected and dying, buy some life insurance. Whole world has gone crazy for what is essentially a super flu that 97 in 100 will survive.
          97% survivors of 330,000,000 in us = 9,900,000 deaths
          Mass 3,900,000 = 207,000 deaths

I am not sure sure your 97% figure is accurate, but the population numbers are. As is the multiplication. I hope your kids team is still going after this, and that the college you’re looking to get into is open.

Please don’t ignore this!

Comment

.027 mortality rate is US using confirmed case (311,668) versus deaths (8,492). In reality much much lower rate than that if it’s true that so many people have contracted it and don’t even know it, meaning they are not a “confirmed case.”

Comment

SC ? Sean Carey? Single handily the littlest D-Bag known to both Soccer and Man Kind. Real tough guy behind his key board. I
              But actually, did he actually just cancel the league?

Comment

Scared little snowflakes don’t get that there are already inexpensive, generic treatments for this: an anti malaria drug and an anti parasite drug. Ask yourself why all the fuss for a flu that we can treat with existing drugs?
                If the treatments work like magic, then why are people still dying?

As to people I care about, I made peace with death a long time ago.
                Easy to say until it's you in the sick ward.

Comment

If the treatments work like magic, then why are people still dying?

Easy to say until it's you in the sick ward.
                  Because there is no concerted effort to address this with the treatments available. In NY, the governor has essentially banned prescriptions of these drugs from being handed out by anyone other than hospitals. Doctors want to prescribe without having the patient go to the hospital and be tested and it would help, but the Democratic governor wants to control the process and make the Trump administration look foolish. Same in Michigan where the governor there prevented doctors from using the drugs because the FDA hadn’t approved them for that use. This is partisan politics and bureaucracy at it’s worse and it’s costing lives.

Add in there is no profit for the majority pharma companies because these drugs are generics, cheap and available, and you add another layer to the incompetency around us. Here’s my advice, though I’m no Doctor, if you get sick, demand the drugs immediately.

As to why it isn’t completely effective, any number of reasons, but like anything else, underlying conditions and age is a factor., please look at Mass’s deaths... 99% of which are over 60, many over 80. Nothing was going to save them. It was their time. Again, why is our entire economy shut down in this state when there have been 11,000 cases and 200 deaths, almost all over 70. Kids are mostly immune and adults can take the drugs I mentioned.

Yes, it’s contagious. Yes, it can kill you if left undiagnosed and untreated, and especially if you are older, but this is no worse than the flu for most.

Comment

Sean Carey is a f’n Jerk! I had to deal with him on an issue. What a puke!

Comment

Sean Carey? Are you kidding. This guy has no business being head of NEP. Guy is a real loser. Doesn’t know what it means to be people person. A-hole

Comment

Sean Carey? Are you kidding. This guy has no business being head of NEP. Guy is a real loser. Doesn’t know what it means to be people person. A-hole
                        Did he cancel the league?

Comment

Idk if he cancelled, I just hate that guy. Sean Carey

Comment

Idk if he cancelled, I just hate that guy. Sean Carey
                            I’ve literally never met a person that actually likes SC. He’s just so angry and mean all the time. I don’t think he is aware of how he treats people. I’ve never heard him say something nice.

Comment

Not aware? He knows he a an A-hole. He thrives off it until you put the lil ***** in his place. He has the BIGGEST case of little man syndrome ever recorded. He actually hates himself. Sean Carey

Comment

.027 mortality rate is US using confirmed case (311,668) versus deaths (8,492). In reality much much lower rate than that if it’s true that so many people have contracted it and don’t even know it, meaning they are not a “confirmed case.”
                                0.027 is the expected mortality rate for a 70-80 year old (not making this up). Sounds rather farfetched that the mortality rate of anyone that catches covid19 suddenly becomes that of a 70-80 year old.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X