Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Since there is a lot in the news about whistleblowers, I share some information. Yes the infamous “backroom deal”. I was there at the parent’s house. And yes, Rich Finneyfrock was there as well as Chris Fehrle (meaning club leadership blessed the deal). Brian Brossman was also there as the team’s manager, which was weird since at that time he was just a dad of a kid who had not yet tried out for and made the team – although I guess in hindsight, somehow Brian made her a part of the deal too.

Our goal was to keep the FC Bucks North team together. We were one of the top ranked teams and wanted to keep that going as we made the switch to ECNL. With a couple of exceptions, it was a typical “all or none” deal. The club agreed. Before tryouts were even held, it was decided that the team would include 11 FC Bucks North Players and Brian’s daughter and her closest friend at the time from her previous team – meaning 13 of the 18 roster sports were already chosen before tryouts ever occurred. While there was legitimate competition for the few remaining spots on the team at tryouts, the truth is that there were several players from both within the club and from outside of the club that showed up at tryouts that were better than some of the “chosen” players that were part of the “deal”. We were successful in keeping everyone together, but unfortunately this deal kept this team from being the best it could be. And today it still keeps people away from this team, as people, rightfully believe, that this team is largely picked before tryouts are ever held.

4 of the 11 girls were then quickly cut the following year. So must have been a 1 year deal! Lol.

So maybe at first they were trying to keep those girls together since that team was very good but since they cut 4 of them the following year I would assume it’s open now for any new players coming in for future tryouts.

Comment

4 of the 11 girls were then quickly cut the following year. So must have been a 1 year deal! Lol.

So maybe at first they were trying to keep those girls together since that team was very good but since they cut 4 of them the following year I would assume it’s open now for any new players coming in for future tryouts.
      Not really true. 1 girl was still recovering from a broken leg and didn’t tryout. 1 girl went to another club and never tried out. The goalie was replaced by another goalie who BB recruited at ODP and who was friends with BBS daughter (so no real tryout there) and 1 player was actually cut. And tryouts are still not fully open. There still is a block of untouchables of roughly 10-12 girls who were part of that original deal or who are friends with BBs daughter. And of course BBs daughter herself is also untouchable.

Comment

Not really true. 1 girl was still recovering from a broken leg and didn’t tryout. 1 girl went to another club and never tried out. The goalie was replaced by another goalie who BB recruited at ODP and who was friends with BBS daughter (so no real tryout there) and 1 player was actually cut. And tryouts are still not fully open. There still is a block of untouchables of roughly 10-12 girls who were part of that original deal or who are friends with BBs daughter. And of course BBs daughter herself is also untouchable.
        Semantics. There were 11 and 4 were cut the following year. So 7 remain from the “deal” you speak of. The 7 that remain are good players and deserve to be there and not one parent or coach would argue with that.

Tryouts are fully open from what I saw.

Comment

FC Bucks 2006 ECNL - Girls

I understand wanting to keep a team together.....if in fact they are the best players, instead the Club decided keeping the team was more important than getting the best players...for both teams..ECNL & NPL (now ECNL-RL) in addition RF & BB go out and recruit girls that will not compete with BB's daughter and BB can never turn off the recruiting....works the sidelines at ODP (which many girls have not gone out for because of poor training) & having players guest play, while making promises to the parents. This "backroom" deal never should have happened and the parents of the FC Bucks North team shouldn't have pushed for it, except they were afraid their daughters would not make the team. Both the club and the FC Bucks north parents should have just let tryouts happen, the club needs to change the way tryouts are done....small sided scrimmages with the coaches picking the teams doesn't make for a good tryout...they should be putting the kids through the mill with conditioning, foot skills and then finally scrimmaging. Maybe it is time for the club to change the way tryouts happen and who is involved in the tryouts and have independent evaluators instead of the coaches and the one manger (BB) in this case.

Comment

I understand wanting to keep a team together.....if in fact they are the best players, instead the Club decided keeping the team was more important than getting the best players...for both teams..ECNL & NPL (now ECNL-RL) in addition RF & BB go out and recruit girls that will not compete with BB's daughter and BB can never turn off the recruiting....works the sidelines at ODP (which many girls have not gone out for because of poor training) & having players guest play, while making promises to the parents. This "backroom" deal never should have happened and the parents of the FC Bucks North team shouldn't have pushed for it, except they were afraid their daughters would not make the team. Both the club and the FC Bucks north parents should have just let tryouts happen, the club needs to change the way tryouts are done....small sided scrimmages with the coaches picking the teams doesn't make for a good tryout...they should be putting the kids through the mill with conditioning, foot skills and then finally scrimmaging. Maybe it is time for the club to change the way tryouts happen and who is involved in the tryouts and have independent evaluators instead of the coaches and the one manger (BB) in this case.
            Unfortunately clubs rarely care about the npl/ecnl-r teams. They put all effort into top team. Look at pda for an example of that.

Comment

Semantics. There were 11 and 4 were cut the following year. So 7 remain from the “deal” you speak of. The 7 that remain are good players and deserve to be there and not one parent or coach would argue with that.

Tryouts are fully open from what I saw.
              They are all good players. I dont think anyone questions that. Whether they all deserve to be there is another question. When you are chosen for a spot, versus actually earning a spot, you can never answer the question whether one really "deserves" it or not. Unless and until there are fair and open tryouts, where girls can be truly challenged and be forced to compete for a spot, it is hard to make a claim that anyone "deserves" to be there.

Comment

“The Untouchables” - recruited by the team dad. Great name.

So here’s my question, would this daughter make the team if her dad wasn’t there? Since he seems to be even more significant than the actual coach. Just trying to ask some straight up questions. And does the DOC know this is going on?

Comment

They are all good players. I dont think anyone questions that. Whether they all deserve to be there is another question. When you are chosen for a spot, versus actually earning a spot, you can never answer the question whether one really "deserves" it or not. Unless and until there are fair and open tryouts, where girls can be truly challenged and be forced to compete for a spot, it is hard to make a claim that anyone "deserves" to be there.
                  You’re unhappy. Move where you will be happy. Life’s too short. It’s youth soccer at the end of the day. Put it in perspective.

Comment

“The Untouchables” - recruited by the team dad. Great name.

So here’s my question, would this daughter make the team if her dad wasn’t there? Since he seems to be even more significant than the actual coach. Just trying to ask some straight up questions. And does the DOC know this is going on?
                    Straight up answer to your question. Yes. Given the turnout at tryouts this past year, she would make this team if her dad wasn’t there. However, if he wasn’t (or isn’t) there by the time tryouts roll around this spring, she will probably be on the bubble and could very well not make the cut. Does she deserve the PT she gets and is she best suited for the position she plays. No! This is where having her dad there currently helps her the most. As a player who is realistically in the bottom 1/3, she receives PT and is featured as if she were near the top of the top 1/3.

Comment

You’re unhappy. Move where you will be happy. Life’s too short. It’s youth soccer at the end of the day. Put it in perspective.
                      Yeah, move on, like so many other kids have at FC Bucks. No need to fix the problems, just leave like all of the other better players that came before you. You are the problem, not the club that lets a Dad coach his own kid at the ECNL level.

Comment

Yeah, move on, like so many other kids have at FC Bucks. No need to fix the problems, just leave like all of the other better players that came before you. You are the problem, not the club that lets a Dad coach his own kid at the ECNL level.
                        Yes. Move on. When you are so unhappy that you turn to a soccer troll site to vent almost everyday for 8 months, yeah I think it’s time. For your mental state at least. Youth soccer shouldn’t give you this much stress and frustration (I know for me it’s all fun and I don’t stress out about this stuff). This should be an enjoyable time but for you it’s not.

So yes, move to a club where you won’t have to complain everyday to strangers on a soccer website.

Comment

Yes. Move on. When you are so unhappy that you turn to a soccer troll site to vent almost everyday for 8 months, yeah I think it’s time. For your mental state at least. Youth soccer shouldn’t give you this much stress and frustration (I know for me it’s all fun and I don’t stress out about this stuff). This should be an enjoyable time but for you it’s not.

So yes, move to a club where you won’t have to complain everyday to strangers on a soccer website.
                          You don't stress out about this stuff, but you obsessively check a "soccer troll site" and respond within minutes EVERY SINGLE TIME someone posts something remotely unflattering about your daughter's team.

Comment

You don't stress out about this stuff, but you obsessively check a "soccer troll site" and respond within minutes EVERY SINGLE TIME someone posts something remotely unflattering about your daughter's team.
                            So what if I find your comments funny and respond to them? Thats quite the opposite of stressing out. I’m not defending or bashing this team. But my original comment to you still stands. You are not finding any of this fun or funny (like I do) and you are taking youth soccer crazy serious. Move on then where it’s all good. it’s soccer, in a few years it’s all over. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Comment

The problem is now there is not a lot of talent that wants to try out for Bucks. Think about it people paid money and bucks advertised tryouts, the tryouts were a farce with the kids getting invites after the first tryout. Most kids stood no chance of making this team, bucks just took the money and ran. There were a ton of kids at the tryouts yet somehow a team was picked after one tryout! Can anyone say the kids not part of the deal were given a fair chance? Would love to see how the team would have looked if everyone was given a fair chance to make the team. Maybe they wouldn’t have had to cut anybody if the team had been picked fairly. The original deal turned people off from bucks and that is one of the reasons the team and club will struggle to attract new players.

Comment

I am to this site and a bit surprised. FC Bucks really has a Dad coaching a team with his own child? He must be a pretty big-time coach. A licensed coach? Or has he won an ECNL national championship??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X