Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ccl, no meat in that sandwich. Whats the point of merging with nothing.
    If they are in lower divisions what diff does it make?

Comment

Were you advocating for NSL to merge into NEP before they became CCL too? What beneficial matchups would come of that for either the NSL/CCL or NEP clubs? Please tell us which NSL/CCL clubs are on par with NEP?
      Let’s face it. NEP is entry level at this point, and so is CCL. There is no need to have both leagues circulating in New England. Each league has its divisions, and teams are placed accordingly. The only obstacles I see preventing this are monetary and territorial in nature.

Comment

ccl, no meat in that sandwich. Whats the point of merging with nothing.
        Both leagues are pieces of bread. Stop fooling yourself.

Comment

NEP, CCL and NECSL/EDP. Ego, money, and power would get in the way.
          Well, that’s too bad. The ones that suffer are the kids that play soccer, and the parents that pay for it. It’ll just blow up on itself eventually, if it hasn’t already.

Comment

Not original OP but why does that matter? Why not create 1 big league with promotion and relegation? Why not reduce the amount of options? There could be individual teams that could compete or is the issue the disparity in club fees?

I for one think it would be a great idea.
            Again please name the NSL/CCL clubs that are on par with NEP clubs and what matchups you would like to see. Would love to hear the specifics of this great idea of yours...

Comment

Again please name the NSL/CCL clubs that are on par with NEP clubs and what matchups you would like to see. Would love to hear the specifics of this great idea of yours...
              Again, not the original poster for this idea. I don’t have any clubs I can give you examples. I would need to go in and look at results. But I do know that teams at the championship level aren’t any diff than most of the teams in ccl. Why not get rid of all of these leagues and just create 1 big one with promotion and relegation. Eliminate the multitude of league options in mass.

Comment

Again, not the original poster for this idea. I don’t have any clubs I can give you examples. I would need to go in and look at results. But I do know that teams at the championship level aren’t any diff than most of the teams in ccl. Why not get rid of all of these leagues and just create 1 big one with promotion and relegation. Eliminate the multitude of league options in mass.
                What a f*ckin troll! Keep saying you aren’t the OP, but keep sounding like the OP. And if you don’t know any CCL clubs then how do you know they are as good as championship level NEP teams? What BS!

Comment

What a f*ckin troll! Keep saying you aren’t the OP, but keep sounding like the OP. And if you don’t know any CCL clubs then how do you know they are as good as championship level NEP teams? What BS!
                  Don’t know why you are so angry and also don’t know what I need to prove to you that I am not OP. But I do know of some TEAMS that have gone in and competed at that level. Some clubs that partnered up did have some teams that did well. Not to say they were at npl levels but at lower levels they fit in and competed.

Comment

Basically, this is not happening, so whats the point. Maybe a couple of pickkers still left in Maple, but its pretty thin now. Newton and Franklin do a decent job in most age groups. Maybe thay could be added. ccl looks like its dying quick by the amount of teams left in each bracket. Maybe some can go to edp.

Comment

Start them in league 1 or league 2 to start, see what happens. Simple. Most teams in NEP right now, were in Maple a few years ago. They were just absorbed by larger clubs, and this allowed them to enter.

Comment

Start them in league 1 or league 2 to start, see what happens. Simple. Most teams in NEP right now, were in Maple a few years ago. They were just absorbed by larger clubs, and this allowed them to enter.
                        The better players move on to NEP. There is no need to elevate the mediocre clubs they came from. It wasn’t NEP that killed Maple, it was the better clubs separating themselves from the mediocre ones that killed Maple. Just the same now with the death of NSL, not NEP’s fault either.

Comment

The better players move on to NEP. There is no need to elevate the mediocre clubs they came from. It wasn’t NEP that killed Maple, it was the better clubs separating themselves from the mediocre ones that killed Maple. Just the same now with the death of NSL, not NEP’s fault either.
                          Sorry you can accept the fact that NEP has many levels of soccer, none of which are high level. But, whatever makes you feel special.....

Comment

Better players can move on within better clubs as well. Its what is supposed to happen. As a child develops he/she may need more. I could care less who killed whom but bottom line we should have 1 league with multiple levels. Good teams move up bad teams move down. I guess i can't really find a reason this wouldn't be beneficial to everyone in MA.

Comment

Better players can move on within better clubs as well. Its what is supposed to happen. As a child develops he/she may need more. I could care less who killed whom but bottom line we should have 1 league with multiple levels. Good teams move up bad teams move down. I guess i can't really find a reason this wouldn't be beneficial to everyone in MA.
                              I’ll give you a good reason: development. Development should be the main focus for young players (U-7 thru about U-14), NOT competition. This one big league with promotion and relegation that you and other posters keep droning on and on about doesn’t even exist in pro leagues, let alone youth leagues anywhere in the world. Why relegate a U-9 team? What does that prove and how is it beneficial to the players? It just encourages playing to win rather than developing players. It also just would satisfy adult fantasies about ranking young teams rather than making it all about the kids’ enjoyment and development.

Comment

This one big league with promotion and relegation that you and other posters keep droning on and on about doesn’t even exist in pro leagues,
                                Except, you know, everywhere in the world but in the US.....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X