Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don’t understand how or why they teach soccer the way they do in this country. Go to poorer countries where some of your best players come from and you won’t see practice squares or juggling challenges (yes, they do juggle but it’s to pass the time or play a different game other than soccer). You learn soccer by PLAYING soccer. Any practice that doesn’t involve a regulation size field, two nets, and two teams running up and down the field with a ball actually playing the game for 80% of the practice time is a waste of time imo. All these zoom call practices are just to give the impression of training.
    Truth...there are likely plenty of kids who took advantage of quarantine time to improve their individual soccer skills and fitness and just as many kids who put on weight and upped their gaming and tik tok skills. The return to play is going to be welcome by some and dreaded by those who wasted the last 10 weeks.

Comment

It’s call “we have to do something or else the parents will bitch”... it’s all useless. If a club need to motivate the kid with this useless **** .... Just give a partial refund all the other stuff is window-dressing
      To be fair, while it was never really true, initially the thought was that the season would resume. Keeping players working and connected during what was expected to be a pause made sense.

Comment

I don’t understand how or why they teach soccer the way they do in this country. Go to poorer countries where some of your best players come from and you won’t see practice squares or juggling challenges (yes, they do juggle but it’s to pass the time or play a different game other than soccer). You learn soccer by PLAYING soccer. Any practice that doesn’t involve a regulation size field, two nets, and two teams running up and down the field with a ball actually playing the game for 80% of the practice time is a waste of time imo. All these zoom call practices are just to give the impression of training.
        Sorry, mate.
        No need for nets, regulation field or two teams—that’s why we suck.
        Your requirements just “give the impression of training”
        Not a team in the world trains that way.
        Small field, lots of touches and I’ll give you the running, as long as it’s into space.
        You must coach, or your kid plays, for GPS.

Comment

Mate? I ain’t your f’n mate so stfu! Train don’t train. You’re probs my scared to get back on the field. You were furloughed so now you’re far. You were furloughed so you did nothing with your team now they’re fat. You are a fat disaster. Hide in your house and send your players to my session. I’ll get them back in shape. They will then be part of my Super Club!!

S.C.

Aka “the Cannonball”

Comment

Truth...there are likely plenty of kids who took advantage of quarantine time to improve their individual soccer skills and fitness and just as many kids who put on weight and upped their gaming and tik tok skills. The return to play is going to be welcome by some and dreaded by those who wasted the last 10 weeks.
            Absolutely right. The self motivated will excel. But this was and is true. To be the best you can at something requires you to hyper focus on it to the exception of everything else. The best benefit players had with this shutdown was time. You will never again have this type of forced down time where you devote the effort like this.

Comment

Absolutely right. The self motivated will excel. But this was and is true. To be the best you can at something requires you to hyper focus on it to the exception of everything else. The best benefit players had with this shutdown was time. You will never again have this type of forced down time where you devote the effort like this.
              the team was shut down, not the individual. for some of the **** training that does on its better that way. He misses the games but not the 90 min training of which 20 mins is actually doing something useful.

Comment

Mate? I ain’t your f’n mate so stfu! Train don’t train. You’re probs my scared to get back on the field. You were furloughed so now you’re far. You were furloughed so you did nothing with your team now they’re fat. You are a fat disaster. Hide in your house and send your players to my session. I’ll get them back in shape. They will then be part of my Super Club!!

S.C.

Aka “the Cannonball”
                Look at this! Donald Trump has responded to my post!
                Just like the cheques he signed.

Cannonball must refer to what is between your ears.

Comment

S.C.

Aka “the Cannonball”
                  Sorry, mate. Didn’t mean to set you off. Bad start to the day?
                  But nowhere did it say no training...what it did say is full-field scrimmage for 80% of training is for poor and uneducated coaches with no concept of the game.
                  If the shoe fits...

Comment

Sorry, mate. Didn’t mean to set you off. Bad start to the day?
                    But nowhere did it say no training...what it did say is full-field scrimmage for 80% of training is for poor and uneducated coaches with no concept of the game.
                    If the shoe fits...
                    BS. You are in a youth soccer fantasy land, which doesn’t translate to anything past the age of 15 and on TS is almost totally focused on the girls side. Go look at men’s college soccer rosters that are dominated by internationals. Go look at the MLS that needs to import foreign players just to be watchable, including many who are past their prime but still look better than a 20-something American. And where is the richest country on Earth’s mens NT at the World Cup? Oh right, they got eliminated by Trinidad! American youth training has produced crap because they teach soccer like it’s American soccer or baseball. Take that, mate!

Comment

BS. You are in a youth soccer fantasy land, which doesn’t translate to anything past the age of 15 and on TS is almost totally focused on the girls side. Go look at men’s college soccer rosters that are dominated by internationals. Go look at the MLS that needs to import foreign players just to be watchable, including many who are past their prime but still look better than a 20-something American. And where is the richest country on Earth’s mens NT at the World Cup? Oh right, they got eliminated by Trinidad! American youth training has produced crap because they teach soccer like it’s American soccer or baseball. Take that, mate!
                      Which, if you knew how to read, is exactly my point.
                      Cannonball head thinks running around scrimmaging for 80 mins is the way to train. Not in Europe, Trinidad, or anywhere else that knows how to play.
                      And if you’re responding to CB, my apologies, mate. (Be careful, he is not our mate and is angry today. Maybe it’s the hydroxychloroquine)

Comment

Which, if you knew how to read, is exactly my point.
                        Cannonball head thinks running around scrimmaging for 80 mins is the way to train. Not in Europe, Trinidad, or anywhere else that knows how to play.
                        And if you’re responding to CB, my apologies, mate. (Be careful, he is not our mate and is angry today. Maybe it’s the hydroxychloroquine)
                        I’m the OP you are responding to and the same one that said at the youth level that scrimmaging should be 80% of practice. Technique is something you work on after you understand the basics of the game, and by basics I mean the 80% of the game that is the rules, flow, positioning, etc. Its also learning from making mistakes and not being afraid to make a mistake. You don’t even need a coach at that point which is why you don’t see them around kids playing on a pitch in poor surroundings. Here we put the cart before the horse and put them in club right away where they spend 80% on technique and very little time scrimmaging. In fact, up until game day most coaches have never seen their players actually play because there is so much focus on drills, small-sided games, and technical talks. It works out great so long as they play other club teams that are trained that way. When they finally play outside that little circle, then you see the failures. But by then, they are beyond youth level and it’s too late. These are generational failures and it’s why American men largely haven’t gone anywhere (girls/women suffer the same problem, but since most of the world invests less than nothing in women it’s not as glaring. In fact, it’s worse because American women’s dominance has made it a closed loop system).

Comment

I’m the OP you are responding to and the same one that said at the youth level that scrimmaging should be 80% of practice. Technique is something you work on after you understand the basics of the game, and by basics I mean the 80% of the game that is the rules, flow, positioning, etc. Its also learning from making mistakes and not being afraid to make a mistake. You don’t even need a coach at that point which is why you don’t see them around kids playing on a pitch in poor surroundings. Here we put the cart before the horse and put them in club right away where they spend 80% on technique and very little time scrimmaging. In fact, up until game day most coaches have never seen their players actually play because there is so much focus on drills, small-sided games, and technical talks. It works out great so long as they play other club teams that are trained that way. When they finally play outside that little circle, then you see the failures. But by then, they are beyond youth level and it’s too late. These are generational failures and it’s why American men largely haven’t gone anywhere (girls/women suffer the same problem, but since most of the world invests less than nothing in women it’s not as glaring. In fact, it’s worse because American women’s dominance has made it a closed loop system).
                          Long time Ago, in a galaxy far, far away, you never had coaches in poor surroundings. That train left the station. Coaches (and their phones) are everywhere.
                          Plus, Dad, uncles, friends all played so there was plenty of experience to go around. Which is also what you witness too many youth games today.
                          The real issue that you are trying to point out relates to not watching matches. That has been hashed out here a million times, but is the biggest drawback to the game in our country. Nobody watches. Every other country in the world is glued to the telly when a match is on. We choose to ignore the easiest way to learn.
                          Maybe the covid shut-ins emerge as the next great generation of player.

Comment

No proper pathway for young players here

Comment

Look at this! Donald Trump has responded to my post!
                              Just like the cheques he signed.

Cannonball must refer to what is between your ears.
                              I am glad I got to wait to get my check with his signature on it.

Comment

games back in Phase 3

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X