Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Meanwhile no threads on here from members bashing are there? Not saying everyone is happy because impossible to please everyone, but most are. It is like a family. Sorry your kid didn't make the cut.
    Agreed Bucks and Delco very threatened by PF’s inclusion in the ECNL - no doubt someone from one of those clubs is trying to start trouble. PF is a great club with a great reputation- and great college placement record, which is the reason ECNL let them in - even though they are in close proximity to delco and bucks. Sad what feeling threatened and jealous does.

Comment

The Fusion kids just aren't that good when in environments where they have to actually compete. The badge can't protect them once they leave and it often plays out with more Fusion kids on the bench or quitting than not.
      Sour grapes obviously.

Comment

The negative posts are probably from the sour person that proclaimed that ECNL would never want PF back. Yet within no time, viola, back.

That speaks volumes actually about how PF (and their players because they are only as good as their product) are actually viewed.
        Exactly.

Comment

The truth is somewhere in the middle. PF is definitely more stable than Bucks or Delco and has a proven record of sending kids to college...but that established presence among college coaches was set before things really started to boom. Now, coaches are seeing PF kids who get to school and aren't as talented as billed. Frankly, some are limited.

That stems from the hinkie parts about PF that people talk about regarding which players they pick to push. They miss on more of those than hit on and it leads families to believe in something that quite isn't there. The 03 team isn't great, 04 team is bad, the 05 team could be good, but hasn't performed, the 06 team is talented, but doesn't get results. The 07s and 08s are supposed to be the best 2 teams in the club, but that 07 team is bleeding players every year.

With regard to coaching...yes, those coaches should get better results if they truly are playing their best kids, who are racking up scholarship offers. But part of the coaching game is getting those kids recognized, which is what they are more successful at (and frankly that's becuase Delco and Bucks are so god awful at marketing players).

In the end, the day to day environment at PF is the best in SEPA for girls, but the playing field is definitely evening out (and will continue to do so now that the area is flooded with ECNL programs and GDA options).

Comment

Pretty much this...when was the last time they placed a girl on a youth national team? There is a reason for that. It's not a bad place and its the best local option, but the product isn't great and is living mostly off of a reputation. PF has just become complacent.

Comment

For a place that is supposed to be so great at developing players, they sure don't get the results. Just look at their teams in the DA standings

U-18: 2nd Place
              U-17: 3rd Place
              U-16: 5th Place (LOL)
              U-15: 5th Place (LOLOL)
              U-14: 5th Place (LOLOLOL)
              U-13: 1st Place

The B teams in USYS are even worse and this is with them handpicking every kid they want.

2 or maybe 3 decent teams out of 6 age groups isnt anything special. Don't waste your money. The coaching obviously isnt anything great. All fluff and no substance.
              You think PF is bad??? Have a look at clubs like Cedar Stars and SJEB....they would have a tough time in EDP 1st Div. PF is a quality club....

Comment

Pretty much this...when was the last time they placed a girl on a youth national team? There is a reason for that. It's not a bad place and its the best local option, but the product isn't great and is living mostly off of a reputation. PF has just become complacent.
                Bunch of crud being tossed around here.

My kid did not play for PF but we went to watch my friend's kid at practices a few yrs ago so those kids are in college and playing.

There were at least 5-6 ynt's on the field at training and that ball was being moved around at wharp speed. I never saw a youth training like it small sided and then full field. And college coaches were watching and they were not local. Apparently they get that a lot.

My friend said her kid enjoyed the training better than some of the games because they were not as challenging.

There is a reason ECNL welcomed them back with open arms.

I was thrilled when a PF I know from uva was drafted by Orlando and her PF uva teammate was working out with nwsl teams too.

We have good clubs in this area. No need to attack each other. A rising tide lifts all boats.

Comment

Yes PF very good. Better than pda. Actually learn how to play the game there. Sjeb actually very good also.

Bunch of crud being tossed around here.

My kid did not play for PF but we went to watch my friend's kid at practices a few yrs ago so those kids are in college and playing.

There were at least 5-6 ynt's on the field at training and that ball was being moved around at wharp speed. I never saw a youth training like it small sided and then full field. And college coaches were watching and they were not local. Apparently they get that a lot.

My friend said her kid enjoyed the training better than some of the games because they were not as challenging.

There is a reason ECNL welcomed them back with open arms.

I was thrilled when a PF I know from uva was drafted by Orlando and her PF uva teammate was working out with nwsl teams too.

We have good clubs in this area. No need to attack each other. A rising tide lifts all boats.

Comment

For a place that is supposed to be so great at developing players, they sure don't get the results. Just look at their teams in the DA standings

U-18: 2nd Place
                    U-17: 3rd Place
                    U-16: 5th Place (LOL)
                    U-15: 5th Place (LOLOL)
                    U-14: 5th Place (LOLOLOL)
                    U-13: 1st Place

The B teams in USYS are even worse and this is with them handpicking every kid they want.

2 or maybe 3 decent teams out of 6 age groups isnt anything special. Don't waste your money. The coaching obviously isnt anything great. All fluff and no substance.

College Placements - http://www.pennfusion.org/college-pl...lege-placement

USNT - http://www.pennfusion.org/girls-acad...team-placement

International + Pro Team - http://www.pennfusion.org/girls-acad...team-placement

Yeah, looks like a horrible choice when compared to USYS, GA or other ECNL clubs not named PDA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X