Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Statewide ranking for worst club parents

If you're reading this, CONGRATS! You're currently tied for 1st place!

Vancouver.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Vancouver.
      Which state?

Comment

If you're reading this, CONGRATS! You're currently tied for 1st place!
        Not worst parents, but gullible parents. It has to be United PDX parents. The coaching assignments on their website show multiple coaches assigned to four, five, sometimes six teams. They are also asking for $275 tryout fee, but that guarantees you a spot.
        #1 - Charging that much seems wrong. Especially in today's climate.
        #2 - They clearly have no vision for the players if you have your staff spread out all over the place. There is no way a coach can show commitment to players if they miss games or practice sessions. Is this the normal procedure for clubs?

Comment

Happy United PDX parent

Not worst parents, but gullible parents. It has to be United PDX parents. The coaching assignments on their website show multiple coaches assigned to four, five, sometimes six teams. They are also asking for $275 tryout fee, but that guarantees you a spot.
          #1 - Charging that much seems wrong. Especially in today's climate.
          #2 - They clearly have no vision for the players if you have your staff spread out all over the place. There is no way a coach can show commitment to players if they miss games or practice sessions. Is this the normal procedure for clubs?
          This is obviously the same parent that keeps posting negative information about United PDX. I am sure they are sad their child didn't make the top team and continues to belittle the club because of it. I am a parent at United PDX and I think it is great. I have had 3 players go through the club and have always been happy. The $275 fee goes towards registration. It is not a tryout fee. No fees are paid towards a tryout. From being around the club for some time, there are definitely not coaches that coach even 3+ teams. Some coaches do take 2 teams, but that is par for the course for all clubs. Not sure where this person is getting their information, but it sounds more like a personal vendetta against a club, which is also par for the course on this site. I hope you eventually find a club where your player can be a "star" at!

Comment

This is obviously the same parent that keeps posting negative information about United PDX. I am sure they are sad their child didn't make the top team and continues to belittle the club because of it. I am a parent at United PDX and I think it is great. I have had 3 players go through the club and have always been happy. The $275 fee goes towards registration. It is not a tryout fee. No fees are paid towards a tryout. From being around the club for some time, there are definitely not coaches that coach even 3+ teams. Some coaches do take 2 teams, but that is par for the course for all clubs. Not sure where this person is getting their information, but it sounds more like a personal vendetta against a club, which is also par for the course on this site. I hope you eventually find a club where your player can be a "star" at!
            Thanks, Brandon!

Comment

EG and LW is listed as coach for at least 4 teams. Quick glance at least 4 other coaches with 3 teams. These are all their "Academy" teams. This is not counting the reposting of the same coaches for the same age groups over all levels and locations. For example, assuming there will only be one 03 girls team, not the multiple listed. They are good coaches, but they are going to have to make sacrifices somewhere. Most of these coaches also have director positions on top of their 3 teams. All the coach info is listed online and on their social media.

Comment

EG and LW is listed as coach for at least 4 teams. Quick glance at least 4 other coaches with 3 teams. These are all their "Academy" teams. This is not counting the reposting of the same coaches for the same age groups over all levels and locations. For example, assuming there will only be one 03 girls team, not the multiple listed. They are good coaches, but they are going to have to make sacrifices somewhere. Most of these coaches also have director positions on top of their 3 teams. All the coach info is listed online and on their social media.
                Speaking of EG and LW in particularly they both gave up coaching high school soccer (OSAA) this year, freeing up substantial time in the fall to coach younger ages. For the 03s I think head coach is BM, EG is an assistant; not necessarily the same load.

I think the question in general is a fair one, but certainly the snarky comments about UPDX parents above looks like you have an ax to grind against UPDX.

A coach trying to go the full-time route is going to have to take on multiple sources to make it work; in EG and LW it is at least at a single club, which should make it more manageable.

To make it a fair comparison, you might list what club you are at, and sources of income for your coaches (i.e. how many different jobs they have to make it work). Just looking at the number of teams doesn't really tell you the whole story.

If your kid has a good coach that only coaches 1 or 2 teams, count yourself lucky, but it likely won't last, in part because if they are good they will have plenty of opportunities to pickup new teams.

That is doubly true for good women's coaches - those are hard to find.

Comment

The instagram account looks good - where do you see the coaching assignments in there?

Comment

Eastside and Vancouver take the cake with white trash parents.

Comment

Speaking of EG and LW in particularly they both gave up coaching high school soccer (OSAA) this year, freeing up substantial time in the fall to coach younger ages. For the 03s I think head coach is BM, EG is an assistant; not necessarily the same load.

I think the question in general is a fair one, but certainly the snarky comments about UPDX parents above looks like you have an ax to grind against UPDX.

A coach trying to go the full-time route is going to have to take on multiple sources to make it work; in EG and LW it is at least at a single club, which should make it more manageable.

To make it a fair comparison, you might list what club you are at, and sources of income for your coaches (i.e. how many different jobs they have to make it work). Just looking at the number of teams doesn't really tell you the whole story.

If your kid has a good coach that only coaches 1 or 2 teams, count yourself lucky, but it likely won't last, in part because if they are good they will have plenty of opportunities to pickup new teams.

That is doubly true for good women's coaches - those are hard to find.
                      Different people posting. Didn't say anything negative about updx. Just agree that 3 teams is a lot to manage well. 4 teams in the Spring is too much. Sacrifices will have to me made, even for the best coaches.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X