Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    i think your question is, where does my son belong? and I think you're saying he tried out for the AC npl team, didn't make it and they offered him a place on the ccsl team?

if you're dead set on playing for an "NPL" team, I'm sure you can club hop and find a club that will take your kid. Not knowing what your experience is with ACC or what age or where you're from - I think it's fair to say they assessed your kid and he just want at that level - so they suggested the CCSL team as I would assume it's a better all around fit.

I only know a few coaches at that club and have seen a few of their teams play - like any other club in CT, some very good teams and some not so good teams. at the end of the day, if your kid isn't good enough to play on their top team and they're still providing an option - then it sounds like they are building a bottom up model to retain and develop the players they want.

For whatever reason, everyone on TS bashes those guys when they're brought up, but, that's just Connecticut soccer in general.

Bottom line, if you're kid is enjoying himself and developing - stay...just make sure you're being realistic and including your kid in the conversation instead of wanting to play on a team that has some league letters attached to it.
    Hey this is TS, why are you writing something that makes sense? That is not the TS way or what parents want to hear (or read).

Comment

Hey this is TS, why are you writing something that makes sense? That is not the TS way or what parents want to hear (or read).
      a comment that is actually helpful, and then the thread dies.

Comment

ECNL league has great teams, but CFC in Connecticut is the step-child of ECNL.

Regional and National Leagues are going to take over soon as everyone’s done drinking CFC juice and ECNL travel schedules.

These teams get more games, more showcases and smaller rosters for more playing time. Unless CFC can replicate what PDA has done then it will always be step child of the League.

Comment

*** are you talking about? step child?

Comment

*** are you talking about? step child?
            Since the thread was started about a boy perhaps they were referring to CFC Boys. They're not good in that front no matter the age. Girls is a different story but even then you may not want CFC until it's time for ECNL because of what your local branch is. CFC as a club is maybe midtable in ECNL but had good and bad teams. GSA is definitely bottom 1/3.

If the thread OPs son wasn't offered a NPL spot there's probably a reason for it. Club hopping may not be the solution. If he's younger and he's working towards that goal then it's the same advice - set a goal and work towards it. Work on your own, get in extra time wherever you can. Improving requires work.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X