Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slammers - East Islip partnership?

I have seen were EI just announced a partnership with slammers, going along with the Sachem and Smithtown partnerships. It looks like this is an agreement by EI to give all its best players to the slammers at U13 and above (if they want to go). I am not sure what the local clubs are getting out of this, can it be that they are going to give away their top players for a chance to use slammers trainers in their home club? Reading the annoucncement that is what I understood.

https://www.eastislipsoccer.org/Defa...?tabid=2693472

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have seen were EI just announced a partnership with slammers, going along with the Sachem and Smithtown partnerships. It looks like this is an agreement by EI to give all its best players to the slammers at U13 and above (if they want to go). I am not sure what the local clubs are getting out of this, can it be that they are going to give away their top players for a chance to use slammers trainers in their home club? Reading the annoucncement that is what I understood.

Who cares ?

Comment

RIP East Islip Soccer Club

Comment

Good for Smithtown not for EI.

Comment

Good for Smithtown not for EI.
          Smithtown took a ton of kids from Sachem when they merged. killed the club and left it with a rec program and a few LIJ teams.

Comment

Slammers-East Islip partnership?

Smithtown took a ton of kids from Sachem when they merged. killed the club and left it with a rec program and a few LIJ teams.
            As was predicted by many. Too many gullible people.

Comment

Why would any club sign up for this nonsense? Especially when anyone can play in EDP? Have a good team? Put them in EDP and let them work their way up! No need to join in on these smoke and mirror shenanigans

Comment

Why would any club sign up for this nonsense? Especially when anyone can play in EDP? Have a good team? Put them in EDP and let them work their way up! No need to join in on these smoke and mirror shenanigans
                because someone is getting paid...

Comment

because someone is getting paid...
                  Hopefully it was a decision by the board and not Ronan !
                  Not a fan of that guy in general.

Comment

Smithtown trying to become "THE" destination for USYS, but it won't stick because EDP/USYS is not an exclusive league where only certain admitted clubs can play. If this helps the trapped 8th graders or trapped seniors then good, but I don't see any other benefit for EI players.

Comment

Smithtown trying to become "THE" destination for USYS, but it won't stick because EDP/USYS is not an exclusive league where only certain admitted clubs can play. If this helps the trapped 8th graders or trapped seniors then good, but I don't see any other benefit for EI players.
                      Why be a guest player on a Smithtown EDP team when Surf, Stony brook, LGN would offer better opportunity? Silly move by EI, Smithtown will make promises to players they want to keep full-time and discard the rest leaving them barely able to field a team if at all.

Comment

Too many people giving their opinions here without knowing what they are talking about. People should really do their research before opening their mouths.

Comment

Too many people giving their opinions here without knowing what they are talking about. People should really do their research before opening their mouths.
                          It's a soccer forum, you should really take that stick out of ur arse before you open yours.

Comment

Straight from The EI announcement-
                            "Provide a pathway for some players age U13 and above, who are able to play on a higher level team than what is currently offered within our club, to play on those higher level teams while also playing for the East Islip Soccer Club at the same time

At U13 and above, if a player wants to try out for one of the pathway teams, he or she will be provided with the opportunity to do so. If that player makes the team, he or she will be able to play on both the Slammers team as well as their current club team. By providing this pathway, we are providing a place for those players who would be looking outside of our club for those opportunities to continue to play for their current club teams, remain in the community and play with their friends."

Considering Smithtown teams are currently playing in EDP and tournaments as the "Smithtown Slammers" anyone from EI would be playing with these teams and their own EI team. Sounds a lot like guest playing for Smithtown. Actually sounds EXACTLY like the nonsense Surf tried to pull off with Atletico teams and exactly how LISC launched the GDA with Brentwood & Massapequa. "Pathway Teams" lmfao, pathway to what? EDP? A league anyone can play in? you peeps crack me up!

Comment

Straight from The EI announcement-
                              "Provide a pathway for some players age U13 and above, who are able to play on a higher level team than what is currently offered within our club, to play on those higher level teams while also playing for the East Islip Soccer Club at the same time

At U13 and above, if a player wants to try out for one of the pathway teams, he or she will be provided with the opportunity to do so. If that player makes the team, he or she will be able to play on both the Slammers team as well as their current club team. By providing this pathway, we are providing a place for those players who would be looking outside of our club for those opportunities to continue to play for their current club teams, remain in the community and play with their friends."

Considering Smithtown teams are currently playing in EDP and tournaments as the "Smithtown Slammers" anyone from EI would be playing with these teams and their own EI team. Sounds a lot like guest playing for Smithtown. Actually sounds EXACTLY like the nonsense Surf tried to pull off with Atletico teams and exactly how LISC launched the GDA with Brentwood & Massapequa. "Pathway Teams" lmfao, pathway to what? EDP? A league anyone can play in? you peeps crack me up!
                              There will be no guest playing for Smithtown by anyone. Smithtown is Smithtown and East Islip is East Islip. And don't worry about EDP, once again, you are drawing way too many incorrect conclusions. In time, you will see. Until then, worry about your own club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X