Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can we please just get our little superstars Rush coach the Guilford HC job? He says she’s the bestest and should have been starting last season. He’s convinced us that Rush is the only club option if we are serious about starting on the varsity team and playing in college. We love Rush! Thank you big Red!!!
    Saw the thread. Based on the subject, thought it was yet another OW thread.

Comment

If anything like our AD, being patient so the 7th grade gym teacher in the union that expressed interest can get their high school coaching certificate and watch a few soccer YouTube videos for the additional experience necessary to be a big time soccer coach.
      boy I hope we get the 7th grade gym teacher... that would make all these people vomit

Comment

Can we please just get our little superstars Rush coach the Guilford HC job? He says she’s the bestest and should have been starting last season. He’s convinced us that Rush is the only club option if we are serious about starting on the varsity team and playing in college. We love Rush! Thank you big Red!!!
        *** are you talking about?

Comment

I feel bad for whomever gets these positions. The parents within these programs somehow all believe THEIR daughter is the best. I’ve heard absolutely laughable stories of parent complaints- silver spoons are heavy here on the Shoreline. It’s a disease within sports and this parenting generation. Guilford just won SCC & State... pretty sure the best players were on the field. Get over yourself. You’re not doing your daughter any good “guilford parent”

GP

Comment

I feel bad for whomever gets these positions. The parents within these programs somehow all believe THEIR daughter is the best. I’ve heard absolutely laughable stories of parent complaints- silver spoons are heavy here on the Shoreline. It’s a disease within sports and this parenting generation. Guilford just won SCC & State... pretty sure the best players were on the field. Get over yourself. You’re not doing your daughter any good “guilford parent”

GP
            give the hand job to the two loudmouth parents that yell all game. You know the two who think they know the game and will even tell you they played. I feel sorry for next hand coach

Comment

Well, in Guilford's case you have a unqualified assistant who took over the last 5 games where they won state title. But 99% of the parents don't want this guy to coach and have voiced their concern to AD. No wonder the AD is being patient

give it time and hopefully we get a coach that is qualified, can bring consistency to the training and puts best 11 on field.

Guilford parent
              Who are you to speak for 99% of the parents! The assistant coach who took over at the very end of the season has a vast experience in coaching (won other titles in different towns as well), does not play favorites (plays a player based on their soccer skill and appropriate "coachable" demeanor, not whether they are politically connected to RUSH, etc), and MANY MANY parents are 100% supportive of him being the new HC. Who are you to speak for the town of Guilford?

Comment

Did anyone get the Hand job yet? I heard it’s a hard process with stiff competition. Someone will clearly get the shaft.

Comment

Anyone will be better than the former coach. Get the gym teacher and they will do well

Comment

Who are you to speak for 99% of the parents! The assistant coach who took over at the very end of the season has a vast experience in coaching (won other titles in different towns as well), does not play favorites (plays a player based on their soccer skill and appropriate "coachable" demeanor, not whether they are politically connected to RUSH, etc), and MANY MANY parents are 100% supportive of him being the new HC. Who are you to speak for the town of Guilford?
                    Vast? When I pick my 9th grader up I see the practices being run. They aren't quality

Comment

Did anyone get the Hand job yet? I heard it’s a hard process with stiff competition. Someone will clearly get the shaft.
                      theres got be at least 30 CFC coaches from the 50+ clubs in the state applying for this one

Comment

Well, in Guilford's case you have a unqualified assistant who took over the last 5 games where they won state title. But 99% of the parents don't want this guy to coach and have voiced their concern to AD. No wonder the AD is being patient

give it time and hopefully we get a coach that is qualified, can bring consistency to the training and puts best 11 on field.

Guilford parent
                        Qualified? What is your bar!? He has decades of head coaching experience across Amity, North Branford and Guilford for both Male and Female. This includes two boys Class M state titles and graduated literally dozens of NCAA Division 1, 2 and 3 soccer players. 3 State titles if you count GFDs state tournament. How many CIAC State Tournament games have you won? He has won minimum 12 across 3 seasons resulting in 3 titles. Seems qualified! Haha

Comment

If anything like our AD, being patient so the 7th grade gym teacher in the union that expressed interest can get their high school coaching certificate and watch a few soccer YouTube videos for the additional experience necessary to be a big time soccer coach.
                          CT Certified teachers are exempt from taking the CIAC coaching course, which is required for a non-teacher after a given period of time after hire.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2643655]I feel bad for whomever gets these positions. The parents within these programs somehow all believe THEIR daughter is the best. I’ve heard absolutely laughable stories of parent complaints- silver spoons are heavy here on the Shoreline. It’s a disease within sports and this parenting generation. Guilford just won SCC & State... pretty sure the best players were on the field. Get over yourself. You’re not doing your daughter any good “guilford parent”

GP

Well said. Kids aren’t learning about getting cut, wanting it more than anything and then spending 364 days working for it with only a chance they will make the team. Instead they go home crying to Mom and Dad and meetings are called for the coaches head. Poor coaches just want to teach and inspire in the sport they love. Never enough tho.

Comment

Vast? When I pick my 9th grader up I see the practices being run. They aren't quality
                              When you pick up your 9th grader? The practice is ending. How can you make a judgement on quality by observing the last minutes as they pack up? Also, he is not the freshman team coach!

Comment

When you pick up your 9th grader? The practice is ending. How can you make a judgement on quality by observing the last minutes as they pack up? Also, he is not the freshman team coach!
                                You people are ridiculous. Either you know how to do it or you don't. In this case he doesn't. Not even close

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X