•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matchfit all the time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      This is very typical of the academy business model. No loyalty whatsoever to players that have been paying customers for a long time. CSA DA is notorious as they bring in new players that are no better than existing girls and give them more time. I may not be a soccer expert but to me these new girls don’t look any better than the existing kids yet the new players get to start, get more minutes etc.
      Same at STA. And letting A kids play up instead of giving B team kids a shot.

Comment

Same at STA. And letting A kids play up instead of giving B team kids a shot.
        Yes. My story is even more egregious. I'm hesitant to share as I'm still there (although, not for long).

Comment

Yes. My story is even more egregious. I'm hesitant to share as I'm still there (although, not for long).
          Lmao plz stop.

Comment

Lol hit the road already

Comment

Hopefully you feel comfortable to share. These types of stories should be out there so people understand the clubs and/or coaches that they should stay away from (or at least be aware of). I personally saw a lot of this at CSA. For years parents would complain to management about younger kids allowed to play up on my daughter's team. They would not only play, they would start and have more minutes than kids who actually made the team. It's one thing to allow fill ins, but this was all the time.

Comment

Just start your story with....well, my best friends sisters boyfriends kids play for STA and I heard this story.

This way no one will assume your situation is the one being discussed but only the people on the forum will...

Comment

Just start your story with....well, my best friends sisters boyfriends kids play for STA and I heard this story.

This way no one will assume your situation is the one being discussed but only the people on the forum will...
                  LOL :D

That would be a fine if it weren't for the specific nature of the circumstances.

Comment

I can confirm a couple of things:

- ECNL will make ECNLR the path to get into ECNL. Clubs will eventually drop down and move up based on performance. It is in the works.

- Current GAL clubs are not loyal to this GAL league. Forced to do as last option as they wait to get into ECNL or ECNLR. You will eventually see GAL clubs point their top teams into some ECNL platform.

Screenshot this text and verify what I posted when both happen.
                    ;) screen shot first point. Watch what happens next with current GAL clubs.

Each year, top performing teams in ECNL Girls Regional Leagues earn the opportunity to compete in the Open Cup Division of the ECNL Playoffs at the U15, U16 and U17 ages, where they will match up against other Regional League winners, as well as teams from member clubs of the ECNL.

Comment

;) screen shot first point. Watch what happens next with current GAL clubs.

Each year, top performing teams in ECNL Girls Regional Leagues earn the opportunity to compete in the Open Cup Division of the ECNL Playoffs at the U15, U16 and U17 ages, where they will match up against other Regional League winners, as well as teams from member clubs of the ECNL.
                      ECNL also had this rule this year with the top performing RL teams being eligible to go to some playoff in a separate bracket and guess what it did NOTHING to help the level of competition in RL league. The RL teams for the most part in the NE are terrible. Nobody wants their kid playing on a second team and for sure nobody wants their kid in a second tier league. It would take a massive culture shift both at the clubs and in the league to make RL a desired choice. Second teams and second leagues are always looked down on and never treated the same as the top.

Comment

ECNL also had this rule this year with the top performing RL teams being eligible to go to some playoff in a separate bracket and guess what it did NOTHING to help the level of competition in RL league. The RL teams for the most part in the NE are terrible. Nobody wants their kid playing on a second team and for sure nobody wants their kid in a second tier league. It would take a massive culture shift both at the clubs and in the league to make RL a desired choice. Second teams and second leagues are always looked down on and never treated the same as the top.
                        I would take the 2005 and 2006 ECRL teams at PDA, WC and SUSA over STA any day. Especially since their 2005 team has signed with MF

Comment

Another GA team leaves

https://www.sportingbvsoccer.org/ecnlrl

Comment

I would take the 2005 and 2006 ECRL teams at PDA, WC and SUSA over STA any day. Especially since their 2005 team has signed with MF
                            You would be in the minority!

And I didn’t know youthnteams actually sign with clubs - did they get big signing bonuses! LMAO

Comment

You would be in the minority!

And I didn’t know youthnteams actually sign with clubs - did they get big signing bonuses! LMAO
                              You are correct, the wording was wrong. They registered with MF.

You are wrong though about the matches, the ECRL teams at those clubs would make STA's parents question their decisions to choose a "Top Team"

Comment

Why is that? Those teams aren't very good. At PDA the RL team is the old NPL team. It's their 3rd team. The ecnl white team which plays in the top bracket of Ecnl also struggles in a very watered down ECNL bracket and coaches are constantly looking to rebuild those teams . There was a mass exodus last year. Very few kids on the third team embrace being on the third team. The inequities are very apparent within the club Most kids on the third team are kids that have had problems making top teams on any club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X