• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lips through Smithtown
    Ouch!!

Comment

In September all these clubs affiliated with the Slammers will be called the Long Island Slammers.
      100% false

Comment

It would be really disappointing if ECNL has dropped it's standards so low that they would accept this. I thought a club had to have good teams, at least a couple, to be in ECNL. When a club is hanging it's hat on a 4th place NPL finisher and a 2nd place NPL finisher-in their conference, (not Regional or National or anything, just regular old NPL Conference) and their mom's word that they can hang with the best of the cellar dwellers of ECNL and that's all it takes, it's a sad state of affairs for ECNL.
        This can't be true, SUSA was awful before getting ECNL. The only good team they had was the 03 girls, who were very good, but that's it. Their other teams were generally not even competitive, let alone good.

Comment

Only long island soccer parents can spend 19 pages trolling a club they claim is second rate. Even worse, a club that doesn't even exist yet. What a bunch of losers.

Comment

Lips through Smithtown
            So how does that improve anything for anyone?

Comment

Only long island soccer parents can spend 19 pages trolling a club they claim is second rate. Even worse, a club that doesn't even exist yet. What a bunch of losers.
              Its not trolling if its true.

Comment

Touched a nerve?

Comment

This can't be true, SUSA was awful before getting ECNL. The only good team they had was the 03 girls, who were very good, but that's it. Their other teams were generally not even competitive, let alone good.
                  Disagree with that completely...there's a difference between the soccer forum peanut gallery opinion and "on paper" accomplishments of teams.
                  Susa was coming in with multiple National NPL Champion, finalist and semi-finalist teams. Multiple National Cup Champion, finalist and semi-finalist teams. Even the 2004 team that seems to be the object of frequent discussion had 2 NPL championships to their credit, along with a State Cup and National Cup Semi-finalist title and according to this site, they sucked. And all that was coming out of an NPL league that featured top clubs at the time that were also dominant in USYS (NJ Stallions, STA, NJ Crush, Quicksrike) most of whom were tapped for GDA. Unlike the NE NPL that is all ECNL B,C & D teams.

Susa was combining top teams from Commack and Dix Hills that had dominated EDP leagues & tournaments, as well as Disney, Casl, Bethesda & Wags. ISA had dominated NPL, US Club Soccer Cup Tournaments, Disney, Casl, Bethesda & PDA Non-ECNL brackets. Sound Beach was a top USYS team that made frequent trips to Regionals. There were dozens of individual players that were National & Regional ODP players and ID2 participants.

Now people can go back and forth all they want, oh this league sucks and that cup sucks and this tournament is lame and my kid tied a team that tied a team that beat a Susa team 4 years ago, but at the end of the day the fact of the matter is-on paper, Susa was a very strong club across multiple age groups.

I don't think there is a single team in all of the new Slammers collaboration that has had even the slightest level of tangible success that would imply they were ECNL caliber. Seriously, what are they going to put on an ECNL application? I'm assuming it asks for club accomplishments going back a few years, no? What would they put? One team tied an ECNL team a few years ago? And yes, obviously my kid plays for Susa, but honestly whatever happens with Slammers won't affect her. She's already committed and will probably be out of the youth soccer cesspool before any of this comes to fruition, but facts are facts regardless if you like the club or not.

Comment

Disagree with that completely...there's a difference between the soccer forum peanut gallery opinion and "on paper" accomplishments of teams.
                    Susa was coming in with multiple National NPL Champion, finalist and semi-finalist teams. Multiple National Cup Champion, finalist and semi-finalist teams. Even the 2004 team that seems to be the object of frequent discussion had 2 NPL championships to their credit, along with a State Cup and National Cup Semi-finalist title and according to this site, they sucked. And all that was coming out of an NPL league that featured top clubs at the time that were also dominant in USYS (NJ Stallions, STA, NJ Crush, Quicksrike) most of whom were tapped for GDA. Unlike the NE NPL that is all ECNL B,C & D teams.

Susa was combining top teams from Commack and Dix Hills that had dominated EDP leagues & tournaments, as well as Disney, Casl, Bethesda & Wags. ISA had dominated NPL, US Club Soccer Cup Tournaments, Disney, Casl, Bethesda & PDA Non-ECNL brackets. Sound Beach was a top USYS team that made frequent trips to Regionals. There were dozens of individual players that were National & Regional ODP players and ID2 participants.

Now people can go back and forth all they want, oh this league sucks and that cup sucks and this tournament is lame and my kid tied a team that tied a team that beat a Susa team 4 years ago, but at the end of the day the fact of the matter is-on paper, Susa was a very strong club across multiple age groups.

I don't think there is a single team in all of the new Slammers collaboration that has had even the slightest level of tangible success that would imply they were ECNL caliber. Seriously, what are they going to put on an ECNL application? I'm assuming it asks for club accomplishments going back a few years, no? What would they put? One team tied an ECNL team a few years ago? And yes, obviously my kid plays for Susa, but honestly whatever happens with Slammers won't affect her. She's already committed and will probably be out of the youth soccer cesspool before any of this comes to fruition, but facts are facts regardless if you like the club or not.
                    Classic SUSA marketing machine, lol. Worry about your kids team and not what others are doing. This entire thread is kept alive by haters, find something else to talk about already. There has to be something else we can discuss besides this nonsense

Comment

Classic SUSA marketing machine, lol. Worry about your kids team and not what others are doing. This entire thread is kept alive by haters, find something else to talk about already. There has to be something else we can discuss besides this nonsense
                      Poster of the thread you responded to, and honestly I'm not a hater, like I said whatever happens in the next year or 2 isn't going to affect my kid at all. I was only responding to a post that said Susa sucked and they got ECNL, when clearly "on paper" they were very strong in just about every age group. Not interested in getting into a ******* contest over clubs, that's just dumb-but pointing out falsities and flat out lies is of no harm to anyone other than the poster pushing them.
                      As far as discussing what qualifications a club has to be vying for a spot in one of the top leagues, again, I don't see how that makes me a hater. It's just talk on a soccer forum during the off-season. If there is a laundry list of tangible accomplishments, then no worries and good luck to them! If there are not, well then expect people to judge and comment.

Comment

Jay Licata runs LI soccer. When will his daughters make the official SUSA announcement?
                        Please don't give that man any credit.

Comment

Please don't give that man any credit.
                          Who is Jay Licata?

Comment

Poster of the thread you responded to, and honestly I'm not a hater, like I said whatever happens in the next year or 2 isn't going to affect my kid at all. I was only responding to a post that said Susa sucked and they got ECNL, when clearly "on paper" they were very strong in just about every age group. Not interested in getting into a ******* contest over clubs, that's just dumb-but pointing out falsities and flat out lies is of no harm to anyone other than the poster pushing them.
                            As far as discussing what qualifications a club has to be vying for a spot in one of the top leagues, again, I don't see how that makes me a hater. It's just talk on a soccer forum during the off-season. If there is a laundry list of tangible accomplishments, then no worries and good luck to them! If there are not, well then expect people to judge and comment.
                            Wonder what amazing team your kid plays on!

Comment

Who is Jay Licata?
                              The guy who poached the Sachem players for Smithtown!!!

Comment

This is the proverbial beating a dead horse at its best. This entire thread just keeps going and going and going with for the most part, no real substance. Just all biased opinions, one way or the other. How about we move on to another topic, see what happens with this giant cluster f@#$, and then when we have some actual objective information we can either say it was/is a complete failure, a success, or I guess, something else. But for this many people to keep saying Smithtown, Sachem and East Islip suck and that they don't care about these clubs just seems absurd since these same people keep on posting.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X