Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't forget kick backs for hotel reservations and I would guess that they get a pretty penny from sponsors as they have major funneling power with the player base. Not to mention growing the fan base for the women's nation team means more money for them as well as NWSL. Plus as the DA becomes THE only way to get to the National Team even more will clamor for inclusion that they control vs other leagues. Don't forget they have a partnership with EDP to help bolster the illusion of the elite academies. Even if they do "lose money" on the GDA itself right now it is more of a loss leader than a straight loss.
    But its not the cash grab that someone insuated that started the convo

Please explain this EDP partnership?

Comment

Do you know how to use spell check? Beaf stands for beef eaters against fraud. Beef means having a disagreement.

And ussf was not happy with ecnl (which is why they kept trying to arrive at an agreement before gda came about). Ussf wasnt happy with how ecnl was being run. The commissioner who had direct ties to ussf stepped down.

Quit trying to paint a different picture; unless you are an ecnl rah rah. Point is all the leagues are flawed.
      I am from a DA/GDA club, and heavily on the administrative side, and was there when both ECNL and DA came to be. The USWNT program wanted a GDA, and this was an issue they were pushing because boys had DA, and they felt USSF were blowing them off. From the start, those USWNT individuals simply wanted control over the youth system. It wasn’t about making more money, or that ECNL was a bad product, it was all about control over the players coming into their programs. It made sense, but I think the USWNT thought that ECNL would just hand everything over, and a pyramid would develop, but that didn’t really happen in girls soccer and i don't think it will. IMO, which I understand means little to most on here, both leagues need each other. The top clubs in both leagues are doing a disservice to their members. Little has changed in girls soccer in terms of the top clubs. If you put the NE division back together (ECNL, GDA, or even further back when it was USYS regional leagues) the same clubs would be towards the top again. The bottom clubs in ECNL and GDA are bottom clubs. They struggle in most ways and hold the better clubs back and keep the standards level. I think divide is hurting girls soccer in a big way.

As for USYS, the regional and national leagues, along with the state cup, have been broken for years and that is why we have a DA/GDA and ECNL.

Comment

No league is perfect. Never was. Ship show existed long before gda. Why are you so angry at ussf?
        Kid cut?
        Nope. Oldest daughter played ecnl and youngest still too young for either and probably never will. With inception of gda everyone knew it was far too big on its own to hit it's intended mark .... Everyone also knew that with ecnl I. The picture GDA would make both leagues laughable. Mission accomplished ussf. All teams around us are a shell of what they were playing in leagues that are 2 steps down from what was available I the last. Sorry, ecnl and GDA are both far less competitive than they should be or their predecessors.

Comment

But its not the cash grab that someone insuated that started the convo

Please explain this EDP partnership?
          Sorry, I agree, I mis spoke ... Cash and power grab ... Ussf trying to stay relevant and prove it has value ..... Has ruined the men's side and tried to steal the success of the women and make that their own to show the masses how amazing they are ..... Sorry, mission fail ..... Now both sides doomed.

Comment

Nope. Oldest daughter played ecnl and youngest still too young for either and probably never will. With inception of gda everyone knew it was far too big on its own to hit it's intended mark .... Everyone also knew that with ecnl I. The picture GDA would make both leagues laughable. Mission accomplished ussf. All teams around us are a shell of what they were playing in leagues that are 2 steps down from what was available I the last. Sorry, ecnl and GDA are both far less competitive than they should be or their predecessors.
            Still some very good gda teams out there. Encl was good but corrupt. You did not experience it probably. Gda took out some of the steam. Gda was good first year because nearly all top players were in it.

No need to trash the leagues. You know what they are. Pick the club that will give you the best bang for your buck for your kid's talent level despite the league. She will develop, have fun and enjoy her experience and take it where ever she wants to go. That is what matters.

Comment

Agreed same with my kids. I would be hard pressed at this time to have my youngest play ECNL - especially at the young ages - maybe IF she decided she wanted to play in college I would bring her to an ECNL club around u15. But unless and until the ECNL clubs get their training and development better there is no reason to do ECNL. The EDP clubs locally have stepped up their game and many now have professional coaches and much better development. The ECNL - at least around here is falling fast.

It really is a simple business - when the product you are putting out is inferior but more expensive- people and competitors will adjust, and the consumer will look for something better.

The introduction of GDA weakened the ECNL, and now all three leagues are closer in talent and competition than they were before.

Comment

Still some very good gda teams out there. Encl was good but corrupt. You did not experience it probably. Gda took out some of the steam. Gda was good first year because nearly all top players were in it.

No need to trash the leagues. You know what they are. Pick the club that will give you the best bang for your buck for your kid's talent level despite the league. She will develop, have fun and enjoy her experience and take it where ever she wants to go. That is what matters.
                Preach!

Comment

Who are the five best 2007 PA clubs heading into Jefferson Cup?

1.PF
                  2. Ukrainian Nationals
                  3. PA Classics
                  4. FC Bucks ecnl
                  5. Delco ecnl

Comment

Who are the five best 2007 PA clubs heading into Jefferson Cup?

1.PF
                    2. Ukrainian Nationals
                    3. PA Classics
                    4. FC Bucks ecnl
                    5. Delco ecnl
                    PF
                    LMSC
                    PA Classics
                    Ukies
                    Europa

Comment

Didn't Europa just beat SJEB Rush DA 3-1 at Europa tournament last week? Also Lower Marion almost did but lost 1-0. So either they are good or SJEB DA is bad. You decide.

Comment

Didn't Europa just beat SJEB Rush DA 3-1 at Europa tournament last week? Also Lower Marion almost did but lost 1-0. So either they are good or SJEB DA is bad. You decide.
                        SJEB DA is horrendous they were a much better club before they became a DA. A lot of quality players left

Comment

SJEB DA is horrendous they were a much better club before they became a DA. A lot of quality players left
                          It's all the same players from the SJEB u12 team last year. They added 3 or 4 players from the Rush team, maybe 1 or 2 from outside the club but that's it- they didn't lose anyone.

Comment

SJEB stinks- if that’s a representation of DA soccer it’s not good. EDP teams are way better than that!

Comment

It's all the same players from the SJEB u12 team last year. They added 3 or 4 players from the Rush team, maybe 1 or 2 from outside the club but that's it- they didn't lose anyone.
                              True I was referring to the older age groups

Comment

SJEB stinks- if that’s a representation of DA soccer it’s not good. EDP teams are way better than that!
                                says the guy that has a child playing for an EDP program knowing the better kids will leave for PDA and SJEB within two years. Bash SJEB to save the EDP team. You will fail.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X