Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ECNL is yesterday's news. Not what it used to be. Too stretched now. Too much $ for mediocre product.
    Obviously you haven't been to many GDA games around here. The same if not somewhat worse

Comment

ECNL is yesterday's news. Not what it used to be. Too stretched now. Too much $ for mediocre product.
      Plus the additional teams for each age group in a few ECNL clubs only adds to the problems. Stars basically moved their NPL teams to their new second level ECNL teams. How is that good for the ECNL (other than more money of course)?

Comment

Plus the additional teams for each age group in a few ECNL clubs only adds to the problems. Stars basically moved their NPL teams to their new second level ECNL teams. How is that good for the ECNL (other than more money of course)?
        While other clubs like OW or Seacoast moved their NPL kids to GDA? Sorry, not better. Both leagues are too diluted. for the quantity of talent and in the case of GDA the willingness to give up HS. Pick the club near you with the best coaching and fit

Comment

Actually not true at all. They took top players from their former DA teams, pulled up some quality NPL players and filled in with outside talent. Those west teams will surely have some turnover for next year but will likely be in the middle of the pack this year.

Comment

Actually not true at all. They took top players from their former DA teams, pulled up some quality NPL players and filled in with outside talent. Those west teams will surely have some turnover for next year but will likely be in the middle of the pack this year.
            All that to be on the B-, err, the Select, errrr, I mean the "West" team....

Comment

So you are clearly bitter. Look, nobody loves this ECNL/DA mess which just dilutes everything. Stars played it safe the first year, and tried both. When they found DA to not be in the club/kids best interest, they pulled out. If they have one top ECNL team and one middle of the pack ECNL team they have done a good thing for MA kids as far as getting college placements. Why so bitter?

Comment

So you are clearly bitter. Look, nobody loves this ECNL/DA mess which just dilutes everything. Stars played it safe the first year, and tried both. When they found DA to not be in the club/kids best interest, they pulled out. If they have one top ECNL team and one middle of the pack ECNL team they have done a good thing for MA kids as far as getting college placements. Why so bitter?

Not bitter, I'm laughing. They recruited for two leagues, decided GDA was too much work, went against their own financial interests, so they went to the team with their hats in their hands and passed out new talking points. Scrambled to get them signed up before the newest GDA news hit, and then, said "sorry, you are on a B team".

They went out and hoarded every player they could and had no place to put them. They tried the "we'll make the teams equal" line but nobody honestly believes it. Some are really pissed to be travelling all over for something they never intended to.

Parents are bitter. Me? I'm laughing at the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  Not bitter, I'm laughing. They recruited for two leagues, decided GDA was too much work, went against their own financial interests, so they went to the team with their hats in their hands and passed out new talking points. Scrambled to get them signed up before the newest GDA news hit, and then, said "sorry, you are on a B team".

They went out and hoarded every player they could and had no place to put them. They tried the "we'll make the teams equal" line but nobody honestly believes it. Some are really pissed to be travelling all over for something they never intended to.

You don't sound bitter at all.

Comment

You seem to have a vested interest.

And what exactly is the "newest GDA news [to] hit"?

Comment

You seem to have a vested interest.

And what exactly is the "newest GDA news [to] hit"?
                      I do, like watching some pompous people have to eat their crow.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                        you don't sound bitter at all.
                        🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comment

I do, like watching some pompous people have to eat their crow.
                          Seems like it's the GDA folk who have been stuffing themselves with crow. Top clubs have left. In the NE they added Seacoast and Alby and kept LISC and Empire. Some of the competition is just awful. Lots of player turnover with no vastly better players coming it. More clubs will probably bail next year.

Comment

All what? It’s tryouts, just like the team your kid is on had. East and west are run as 2 clubs as far as Ecnl is concerned. Same exposure to college coaches. What is wrong with that?
                            Looking at results for u13 and u14, the are pretty close. Let’s see how the spring goes before you poo-poo 2 teams your kid couldn’t make.

Comment

Seems like it's the GDA folk who have been stuffing themselves with crow. Top clubs have left. In the NE they added Seacoast and Alby and kept LISC and Empire. Some of the competition is just awful. Lots of player turnover with no vastly better players coming it. More clubs will probably bail next year.
                              How does that relate to joining a program, only to be sent to their B team? I thought this was about ECNL. Sound a bit defensive now, aren't we? Who's bitter now?

(Not even part of GDA, which makes this even more enjoyable)

So, let's dial it back. Most of us who have been around for a while realize clubs have their top teams and their water carriers, those who pay the bills for the top teams and help the bottom-line. Niave parents think they are on the cusp of getting to the top, so they keep on paying and paying when even their own club chuckles at them. Often, these kids flame out/parents stop writing the checks, because it dawns on them if they aren't in their own clubs top 20, just how realistic of a chance do they have?

Not the Stahs B-Teamers. They are different from the GPS Select or NEFC North Short or WhatOtherBigClubCallsTheirSecondTeam....

Comment

All what? It’s tryouts, just like the team your kid is on had. East and west are run as 2 clubs as far as Ecnl is concerned. Same exposure to college coaches. What is wrong with that?
                                Looking at results for u13 and u14, the are pretty close. Let’s see how the spring goes before you poo-poo 2 teams your kid couldn’t make.
                                Hey, I'm just passing along with a little bit of glee from what I've been told by said B-Teamers. Yes, a couple of them are still hanging on and have the same thoughts as you. They are the gallon-guzzlers when it comes to the Flav-o-Aid. They seen nothing wrong with trying out and getting an offer then finding out, AFTER, that the offer is a second-teamer.

Others are like "WTAF" am I doing in New Jersey right now? This is bullshlt and want out.

But, right...go to the old standard 'oh your kid must suck" response that TS is famous for.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X