Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks. Good Analysis but pretty much what I expected to see from a prep school soccer league. I expect that the stats are certainly better than those from the top 16 public High Schools in MA. With regard to DAP, tough to compare because most of those kids have a different mindset and academics is not as important a factor as landing a top D1 soccer school (IMO).
    You’re wrong about the top 16 public schools in MA. There are pretty much at the same level as ISL.

Comment

You’re wrong about the top 16 public schools in MA. There are pretty much at the same level as ISL.
      Those top 16 publics would definitely kick the asses of those pansies in the ISL.

Comment

Agreed. Most public school kids can't get into a UVA or Stanford.
        UVA is public. Clown.

Comment

UVA is public. Clown.
          Since I'm an alumnus that isn't exactly news to me. Again, most public school kids, especially from out of state, can't get into UVA. Of those public school kids, the ones that play DA most certainly have a hard time getting it. Are you understanding yet or should I slow down?

25th percentile SAT was 1310 in 2017-18

13 male students were admitted with SAT's under 1,000(and they weren't soccer players)

89% of students were top 10% of their high school class

99% of students were top 25% of their high school class

Rate of admittance total: 26%

Rate of admittance out of state: 22%

2,738 out of state men admitted/599 enrolled

64 total students from Massachusetts enrolled as freshman in 2017(both male and female)

Comment

Since I'm an alumnus that isn't exactly news to me. Again, most public school kids, especially from out of state, can't get into UVA. Of those public school kids, the ones that play DA most certainly have a hard time getting it. Are you understanding yet or should I slow down?

13 male students were admitted with SAT's under 1,000(and they weren't soccer players)

64 total students from Massachusetts enrolled as freshman in 2017(both male and female)
            Yeah but they make huuuge concessions to soccer players they want. JV from Milton with his 1150 SAT score is going to look like a genius in that squad.

Comment

Yeah but they make huuuge concessions to soccer players they want. JV from Milton with his 1150 SAT score is going to look like a genius in that squad.
              Huh? Not a public school kid.

Comment

JV is overated. Cost Milton the Berkshire game.

Comment

JV is overated. Cost Milton the Berkshire game.
                  UVA is not overrated, he'll do well in life, who cares about the Berkshire game.

Comment

Thanks Plato. You went to the admissions website and grabbed a series of unrelated statistics which in no way substantiate your base claim. In fact there are numerous players on the roster who are from public high schools. Perhaps you should have started there?

By the way, UVA, while a fine school, is a far cry from Stanford and really perhaps marginally better (arguably) than William and Mary. I am not surprised you are a graduate of UVA given the companion school you noted. I would have thought as a public university graduate, you'd espouse public attendance. Alas, you are a jumped up fool.
                    Sincerely,
                    Harvard graduate and current ISL parent.

Comment

How’d he make all scholastic with such a crappy score?

Comment

Maybe his GPA is good?

Comment

Thanks Plato. You went to the admissions website and grabbed a series of unrelated statistics which in no way substantiate your base claim. In fact there are numerous players on the roster who are from public high schools. Perhaps you should have started there?

By the way, UVA, while a fine school, is a far cry from Stanford and really perhaps marginally better (arguably) than William and Mary. I am not surprised you are a graduate of UVA given the companion school you noted. I would have thought as a public university graduate, you'd espouse public attendance. Alas, you are a jumped up fool.
                          Sincerely,
                          Harvard graduate and current ISL parent.
                          I had you pegged for an ISL parent but you seem far too obtuse for a Harvard graduate. Let me guess, mommy and daddy were big donors?

Harvard is no Princeton, by the way.

The W&M comparison would suggest you barely graduated from Harvard. Were you an English major?

If you can't follow this just cut & paste the information below and email it to mommy and daddy to explain it.

The original quote I responded to:

With regard to DAP, tough to compare because most of those kids have a different mindset and academics is not as important a factor as landing a top D1 soccer school (IMO).
                          My reply is below communicating my agreement that DAP/public school kids would have a hard time getting into top D1 soccer schools with selective admissions criteria(the premise being that DAP kids are less concerned with academics):

Agreed. Most public school kids can't get into a UVA or Stanford.
                          Here's the link to the latest rankings:

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer...ens-soccer-rpi

The two most selective schools in the top 10 are Stanford(#9) and UVA(#10).

Is it all falling into place for you yet? I didn't mention a school like Harvard because they're ranked #141. I mentioned Stanford and UVA together because they are literally ranked together.

Then, while agitated about a public university being named in the same sentence with an Ivy, you banged away on your keyboard and came up with this gem:

In fact there are numerous players on the roster who are from public high schools. Perhaps you should have started there?
                          I took your advice. There are no Massachusetts players on the team that went to public high school. There are 2 Revs boarding school kids and a kid who flew in from Dubai. This is a Massachusetts soccer forum, which is why I said what I said.

Are there in-state kids from publics on the team? Sure, because UVA is a public college. The bar for out of state students is higher.

If you need any more help understanding things on a soccer forum just let me know.

Comment

He's full of excrement, his scores are higher.

Comment

My reply is below communicating my agreement that DAP/public school kids would have a hard time getting into top D1 soccer schools with selective admissions criteria(the premise being that DAP kids are less concerned with academics):
                              The OP said "With regard to DAP, tough to compare because most of those kids have a different mindset and academics is not as important a factor as landing a top D1 soccer school (IMO)."

The key words are "top D1 SOCCER school" and "academics is not as important" - there many "top D1 SOCCER" schools without great academics so why did you have to bring up your school and Stanford?

So... you didn't have to harp on UVA and Stanford- so what if they are up there in the D1 rankings- it has nothing to do with "TOP D1 Soccer Schools where academics is not a big factor" - do you get it now???

Comment

The OP said "With regard to DAP, tough to compare because most of those kids have a different mindset and academics is not as important a factor as landing a top D1 soccer school (IMO)."

The key words are "top D1 SOCCER school" and "academics is not as important" - there many "top D1 SOCCER" schools without great academics so why did you have to bring up your school and Stanford?

So... you didn't have to harp on UVA and Stanford- so what if they are up there in the D1 rankings- it has nothing to do with "TOP D1 Soccer Schools where academics is not a big factor" - do you get it now???
                                He’s a UVA grad with a 1000 SAT score - he won’t get it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X