Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The debacle in FL in a demising league without ecnl teams could be a serious indication of NEFC decline as an elite club.
    Hmmmm....CT board has a thread calling OWs performance a catastrophe. At least NEFC had a few wins and close games. Some NE clubs didn't even have that

Comment

Whats the reason for NEFC not being in ecnl.?Makes no sense.
      This rhetoric narrative is exhausting. They are failing in a weak DA league. what makes you think that they will survive ECNL? These past 2-3 years killed NEFC. They got caught between 2 leagues, now they are stuck with this crap DA that provides absolutely nothing that is positive. A lot traveling for weak competition and no HS for 4 practices. They are losing good players left and right.

Comment

This rhetoric narrative is exhausting. They are failing in a weak DA league. what makes you think that they will survive ECNL? These past 2-3 years killed NEFC. They got caught between 2 leagues, now they are stuck with this crap DA that provides absolutely nothing that is positive. A lot traveling for weak competition and no HS for 4 practices. They are losing good players left and right.
        Too bad the mafia wouldn't let them in.

They'l be just fine. Still the class of MA IMO.

Comment

Debacle is a bit of a stretch. Some of you just can't stop yourself from creating a stir. Shows the insecurities more than anything else.

Looking at the scores, everyone but one was a close game and looked to be entertaining. Better results at the younger age groups. But, if you are looking at the game scores to mean anything, you have your priorities wrong.

Typical club soccer fools.
          Nope. Typical NEFC damage control crew cleaning up the mess.

You can't have it both ways. Now the game scores mean nothing. Then why some players had way less time than the rest?
          There is a huge decline and you can spin it all you want.

Comment

No ECNL parent would view losing to So Cal Blues or Seattle Reign as a sign of "truble".

http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...D=NzUzODI3OA==

I may despise DA for separating girls from HS experiences, but please, find a better argument Chicken Little.

Comment

No ECNL parent would view losing to So Cal Blues or Seattle Reign as a sign of "truble".

http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...D=NzUzODI3OA==

I may despise DA for separating girls from HS experiences, but please, find a better argument Chicken Little.
              I would agree with you if Reign wasn't 6th in their conference and So cal blue a shell of what they used to be.

Comment

I would agree with you if Reign wasn't 6th in their conference and So cal blue a shell of what they used to be.
                But consistent with prior posts, if NE is considered weak, and west coast is strong then results aren't surprising.

I take no joy in NEFC losses. My D has played with many of the players over the past 6 years, and every family I know is simply trying to navigate a changing landscape in a manner that works best for their situation. I don't need to undermine another family's choice to validate mine

Comment

But consistent with prior posts, if NE is considered weak, and west coast is strong then results aren't surprising.

I take no joy in NEFC losses. My D has played with many of the players over the past 6 years, and every family I know is simply trying to navigate a changing landscape in a manner that works best for their situation. I don't need to undermine another family's choice to validate mine
                  No one is doing that. All I see here is soccer discussion. If you can't discuss soccer and teams results then this forum shouldn't exist and don't come here. Nefc is weaker than ever. Fact. Anything else is lullaby.

Comment

You may not have an axe to grind, but I certainly do. I take great pleasure in watching NEFC slowly implode. Why? Politics, nepotism and greed have run rampant there and it starts at the top. The amount of chaos NEFC caused our family in dealing with the fallout of their poor decisions, the politics of selection and leadership, etc. We moved on to another club and are thriving, but the schadenfreude for NEFC is real and on many levels.

Comment

You may not have an axe to grind, but I certainly do. I take great pleasure in watching NEFC slowly implode. Why? Politics, nepotism and greed have run rampant there and it starts at the top. The amount of chaos NEFC caused our family in dealing with the fallout of their poor decisions, the politics of selection and leadership, etc. We moved on to another club and are thriving, but the schadenfreude for NEFC is real and on many levels.
                      The truth is NB is a shell of CH. CH teams and players have now graduated out. NEFC teams are still strong, they are the 2nd best on the girls side in mass but they have dropped a level.

Comment

No one is doing that. All I see here is soccer discussion. If you can't discuss soccer and teams results then this forum shouldn't exist and don't come here. Nefc is weaker than ever. Fact. Anything else is lullaby.
                        They have two number one teams (of three ranked) and the U14s are 8-1-2. How is that a disaster? Yes the division is weak but NEFC can't control that. In FL the 15s went 2-1, the 16s went 1-2, the 19s went 0-3 but two games were by one goal (meaning they were closely matched and they were competitive). If they weren't dominating a weak division then you might have a case. There are teams in GDA that have 40+ negative GD and don't have won win or 1-2 at the most. those are the ones that should be sweating.

I'm not even with NEFC, but come on. They are not in a death spiral. GDA death spiral? Maybe. If more good clubs drop out this year it will be very tough to recover from.

Comment

The truth is NB is a shell of CH. CH teams and players have now graduated out. NEFC teams are still strong, they are the 2nd best on the girls side in mass but they have dropped a level.
                          And will continue to drop... the premier soccer market is fragmented, the economy is slowing with less money flowing into youth sports and the DA/ECNL fight at the top is starting to favor ECNL.

NEFC gambled with the Breakers... and lost. They gambled with DA and are losing. Now they are hoping a marketing relationship with the Spurs will help them compete. That market play may have worked 4 or 5 years ago, but not now. FC Stars, GPS, FCUSA, Seacoast, etc are well placed for market consolidation and growth through acquisition. We'll see if NEFC can muster up the financial strength to compete.

I agree they still have some decent teams, but the trend change and direction is pretty clear. We are in a period of market consolidation and I don't think NEFC leadership has what it takes to make it out the other side and hold onto their current position.

Comment

They have two number one teams (of three ranked) and the U14s are 8-1-2. How is that a disaster? Yes the division is weak but NEFC can't control that. In FL the 15s went 2-1, the 16s went 1-2, the 19s went 0-3 but two games were by one goal (meaning they were closely matched and they were competitive). If they weren't dominating a weak division then you might have a case. There are teams in GDA that have 40+ negative GD and don't have won win or 1-2 at the most. those are the ones that should be sweating.

I'm not even with NEFC, but come on. They are not in a death spiral. GDA death spiral? Maybe. If more good clubs drop out this year it will be very tough to recover from.
                            I'm pretty sure the posts above yours laid out the performance in FL against other clubs. Results are results. League play in the NE wasn't discussed as everyone knows GDA in the NE is weak. Losses are losses. The reality is GDA exists to find and develop NT level talent. Given the team performances in FL against other DA teams, do you honestly think the 100 or so players in each age group USSF is looking for to develop NT is on any of those NEFC teams?

Comment

This is just sad on so many levels. Hopefully the holidays will bring some spirit to you and your family!

Comment

Partially true but you are trying to camouflage something deeper than that. You've got dismantled in the game that was streamed and your team looked as they didn't belong. If that's your sample size you are in trouble. You were outplayed, out coached and outclassed. It wasn't 10-0 because the other team missed tons of chances.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X