Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alleycats 03 NPL girls

Tip my hat to the Alleycats 03 NPL Girls team for traveling to GPS tournament in MA to play SSS. Good for them seeking out the best competition. They came up short 4-1 even though sss didn't have their best scorer and defender b/c of NT.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Tip my hat to the Alleycats 03 NPL Girls team for traveling to GPS tournament in MA to play SSS. Good for them seeking out the best competition. They came up short 4-1 even though sss didn't have their best scorer and defender b/c of NT.
    Stop embarrassing me dad or I'll start to hate you.

Signed - your daughter

Comment

Stop embarrassing me dad or I'll start to hate you.

Signed - your daughter
      What's embarrassing is the Got Soccer ranking of Alleycats.

Comment

After seeing parts of 3 matches struggling against lower tier ECNL teams at NEWSS, i hardly think it was necessary to seek out the best competition. Not what you would expect from gotsoccer's #1 team in the nation!

Comment

Gotsoccer rankings measure how good a team is at getting gotsoccer points. It happens to correlate ok with team quality most of the time, but there are some gaping holes in their methodology.

Winning 1 of 10 games in a top division is frequently far more valuable than winning 10 of 10 in a second division.

Comment

Gotsoccer rankings measure how good a team is at getting gotsoccer points. It happens to correlate ok with team quality most of the time, but there are some gaping holes in their methodology.

Winning 1 of 10 games in a top division is frequently far more valuable than winning 10 of 10 in a second division.
            I would think they would be playing in the top division in these tournaments, no? Sometimes you have no choice, the tournament places you where they think you belong. Shame on them if they intentionally play in lower division to pile up points.

Comment

I would think they would be playing in the top division in these tournaments, no? Sometimes you have no choice, the tournament places you where they think you belong. Shame on them if they intentionally play in lower division to pile up points.

No -- I'm sorry, I did not mean to imply anything about the Alleycats. Mine was a general statement about the flaws in gotsoccer's methodology.

My apologies if it seemed I was doing otherwise.

Comment

What's embarrassing is the Got Soccer ranking of Alleycats.
                lol. funny stuff

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X