Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossfire Oregon ECNL

Offering free spots and getting turned down. Judging from the state of things there, I can see why no one is interested.

Not only are they struggling to make even closely competitive teams, you've got many leaving because they are being treated poorly and finding out they are paying for another kids free spot.

Development doesn't happen, playing time not happening, but by all means get it for free.

Heard some pretty rediculous things that are happening at that club.

No good.

Comment

This explains why so many kids from this ECNL program are showing up at kickarounds.
      I thought the big coup was some of the girls in it were working with outsiders they met in ODP to all get together at GDA? Only a handful of kids in each age group signed last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        This explains why so many kids from this ECNL program are showing up at kickarounds.
        I thought the big coup was some of the girls in it were working with outsiders they met in ODP to all get together at GDA? Only a handful of kids in each age group signed last week.
        I don't trust any anonymous comments on a message board, likely written by someone who wasn't even there and has no F'ing clue.

Comment

Offering free spots and getting turned down. Judging from the state of things there, I can see why no one is interested.

Not only are they struggling to make even closely competitive teams, you've got many leaving because they are being treated poorly and finding out they are paying for another kids free spot.

Development doesn't happen, playing time not happening, but by all means get it for free.
          There are a lot of clubs that wish they were struggling like this

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/sear...ea=commitments

Comment

There are a lot of clubs that wish they were struggling like this

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/sear...ea=commitments
            No link to Thornz Asylum commits? Oh yeah, right...

Comment

The Thusc Onyx team that went to Crossfire all together was good!
              The players Crossgire is now attempting to develop and play in ECNL may have very different looking commits in 2020.

Comment

Half of the 03 team was canned after the first year to make room for kids that got trained at GPS. Players 11-19 are subsidizing the GPS players. That's going to be an awkward first day of practice. The 02s are a nightmare, they are all trying out everywhere else.

Comment

I don't trust any anonymous comments on a message board, likely written by someone who wasn't even there and has no F'ing clue.
                  Was there for 02s and heard first hand on turnout for 03s.

Comment

I heard this as well, offering free spots to pull kids in. How do all the rest of hte kids feel knowing they are paying for the recruits.

Comment

Half of the 03 team was canned after the first year to make room for kids that got trained at GPS. Players 11-19 are subsidizing the GPS players. That's going to be an awkward first day of practice. The 02s are a nightmare, they are all trying out everywhere else.
                      02s shouldn't split up. They were finalists this year. Where are they going?

Comment

02s shouldn't split up. They were finalists this year. Where are they going?
                        I believe they were referencing Crossfire. Not GPS.

Comment

I can tell you that it sounds like a crap show at the moment.

Comment

Correct. I wouldn't be surprised if a large group of these girls end up in GDA or over at FC Portland or even going to GPS.

Comment

Correct. I wouldn't be surprised if a large group of these girls end up in GDA or over at FC Portland or even going to GPS.
                              From the sounds of it, the players just need somewhere that doesn't think winning (not happening) is everything.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X