Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My kid plays low level club and is going to Harvard, Yale or Princeton due to academics. Your son that plays DA will soon learn he is not going to be a pro player and he wasted his chance at getting good grades chasing soccer greatness that never came.

Your kid will be operating the drive through window as my kid is buying fries for his kids on the way to a spring break ski trip in 10 years. Your kid will be telling all the other fry cooks and burger makers how great he was at DA in HS.

Kinda sad that DA at U17 is going to be your kids highlight in life.
    Oh so you know what his kid will do in the future? Or you just mad cause all your kid could do was play low level? Only way he will go pro is if he plays da. Some won’t make it some will, you can’t live your life not doing or trying anything because you may not make it.

Just cause you go to Harvard doesn’t mean anything.

Can’t beat living your dreams in real life, if playing soccer is that dream, go for it! Don’t let the haters stop you.

Comment

Oh so you know what his kid will do in the future? Or you just mad cause all your kid could do was play low level? Only way he will go pro is if he plays da. Some won’t make it some will, you can’t live your life not doing or trying anything because you may not make it.

Can’t beat living your dreams in real life, if playing soccer is that dream, go for it! Don’t let the haters stop you.
      Tell me you really don't believe the only way to play pro is throught da ...see those silly coaches have poluted your mind. ..keep drinking that piss water from that club..

Comment

2 inter boys made the cut - noice !

Comment

Tell me you really don't believe the only way to play pro is throught da ...see those silly coaches have poluted your mind. ..keep drinking that piss water from that club..
          No better yet, club team with excellent coaches, with 0 competition, 0 exposure is the answer. Delusional.
          MLS/DA may not be the best choice outside the states but is the best option /path in house.
          Name a system that refers more players to D1 colleges, NT or MLS.
          I'll give you a week to think about it and please post it I'll be waiting.

Comment

Oh that’s right, there were plenty of Florida local club players listed! Hahahahahaah
            I saw 4 players from Florida Elite...hahahahhaah

Comment

going pro? seriously?

and yes going to harvard does mean a lot.

only part i liked is about dreams. if a kid has a passion, he needs to live it, until he doesn't want to pursue it any more becuase he matures. but you (parent) need to make sure the dream does not leave him coaching u8 for $20,000 a year at 30.

Comment

No better yet, club team with excellent coaches, with 0 competition, 0 exposure is the answer. Delusional.
                MLS/DA may not be the best choice outside the states but is the best option /path in house.
                If you want to pay 50k year go with DA. Stfu

Comment

had a friend whose kid graduated from an IVY League school and got a job on wallstreet making 280K a year first year out of undergrad.

Beats the hell out of coaching kids club soccer for 20K a season when your 24 years old because you spent all your time in HS thinking you were going to be the next messi instead of studying five nights a week.

If you are in DA and still able to have a 3.8GPA and score a 34 on the ACT, then knock yourself out. But if chasing DA all over the state and practicing 5 nights a weeks hurts your grades......then you are dumb.

Comment

Nope I won't wait a week ..you are aware when you go to college you will try out just like every other person.doeant matter what da club you play at you will tryout for the team..my kid will tryout the same way..also a talented kid can play anywhere ..da ,CDL club USA encl npl doesn't matter..I think your problem is you are hung up on a badge ..also if I really wanted I could go to any country with my kid and try out at any club I wanted..if I think my kid is good enough to be a pro later it would not matter if he played da..stop drinking the piss water dude..

Comment

Now you got clowns saying da sucks cuz it doesn’t get you into HARVARD !!! Omg lol

Comment

had a friend whose kid graduated from an IVY League school and got a job on wallstreet making 280K a year first year out of undergrad.

Beats the hell out of coaching kids club soccer for 20K a season when your 24 years old because you spent all your time in HS thinking you were going to be the next messi instead of studying five nights a week.

If you are in DA and still able to have a 3.8GPA and score a 34 on the ACT, then knock yourself out. But if chasing DA all over the state and practicing 5 nights a weeks hurts your grades......then you are dumb.
                        😂😂😂 God damn this guy must be my twin

Comment

😂😂😂 God damn this guy must be my twin
                          Also what's the sense of traveling out of state whenthe majority of da clubs can't even beat teams in there own leagues.?

Comment

I never get why on this site, it's like playing sports and getting an education mutually exclusive.. I know lots of educated pros. I also know former pros that didn't make it to the big time that are doing pretty well for themselves now after they stopped pursuing that dream. The average college graduate makes about $47K with an average student loan debt of $31K... If a kid wants to pursue a dream for a few years why is that so wrong. If his parents choose to support that dream why is that wrong? Did you all have it completely together at 25? My son played DA, got both athletic and academic scholarships, if he could have gone pro he would have. He has his first job and it wont necessarily be the career he is in 5, 10, 15 years from now and he is making okay money. I just don't get the hate. Let people live. What if your kid goes to college and cant handle the party lifestyle, then drops out. That's also a thing. Let people do as they choose for their kids, its nobody elses business or money.

Comment

I never get why on this site, it's like playing sports and getting an education mutually exclusive.. I know lots of educated pros. I also know former pros that didn't make it to the big time that are doing pretty well for themselves now after they stopped pursuing that dream. The average college graduate makes about $47K with an average student loan debt of $31K... If a kid wants to pursue a dream for a few years why is that so wrong. If his parents choose to support that dream why is that wrong? Did you all have it completely together at 25? My son played DA, got both athletic and academic scholarships, if he could have gone pro he would have. He has his first job and it wont necessarily be the career he is in 5, 10, 15 years from now and he is making okay money. I just don't get the hate. Let people live. What if your kid goes to college and cant handle the party lifestyle, then drops out. That's also a thing. Let people do as they choose for their kids, its nobody elses business or money.
                              I see no problem of pursuing dreams ..it's great and Lord knows my son wouldnt want anything more then to play pro...he's very good and he works very hard. My problem is in America they use this sport as a buisness and clubs lie to the kids and parents . From what I found being in the grid is all the clubs in Florida are the same..same bullcrap coaching same bullcrap training and same bunch of promises that never happen..here in America all we can do is enjoy playing the game and get a good education..nothing will ever change here..that's why our natl team will never qualify for a world cup again..

Comment

And if you want we can play the game who can top this all night..you are not going to convince me da is the special water drank by soccer players..believe me your kid was born talented and nothing to do with da..it's a ****ing business you morans

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X