GPS saga

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No kidding? Rush is the biggest? I didn’t know that. I know they had Ri Rush run by that Guy JD. I never saw them in mass though. Go figure. I love real soccer talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      An old man passed me on the street today, I thought I knew him but I couldn't say. I stopped to think if I could place his frame. When he tipped his hat I knew his name. Hello old friend, it's really good to see you once again.
      Are you the musicsmith on 07 thread?
      Love me some Clapton

Comment

I prefer Rush.

Comment

The professionalization of youth soccer should be a major talking point but no stakeholders are able to take a step back and see it for what's it's worth and see that there are better options for the players (the whole point of youth soccer in case we all forgot here on TS). It would be nice if not MSM, but a local soccer rag (New England Soccer Journal) or the Globe or something at least had an article so that the average parent could have a different side of the story.

If I recall there was pretty good coverage of the Framingham Youth Soccer: https://www.bostonglobe.com/magazine...7mM/story.html

... and the GPS situation has more victims and a lot more money at stake. You think some people would want to know about that.

Sorry, I know, I know, we're supposed to be wasting bandwidth with lukewarm takes comparing GPS to the impeachment or whatever. You can go back to your snarky circle jerk now.

Comment

No kidding? Rush is the biggest? I didn’t know that. I know they had Ri Rush run by that Guy JD. I never saw them in mass though. Go figure. I love real soccer talk.
            https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club...world_aid27784

Comment

#GPSEnvy strutting around TS like one of the Lollipop Guild

Comment

No one and i mean no one likes the chrome domes

Comment

8 tear old article, GPS is much bigger than Rush.

Comment

cuz a house fell on GPS.
                    I see what you did

Comment

https://www.nesoccerjournal.com/inve...ership-change/

Comment

Wow? I didn’t realize how much this large club was worth. 75M.
                        Bradley’s get 15M at the sale and keep 8.5% equity stake (6M value).
                        A very very profitable business venture. Maybe I did pay too much.

Comment

I totally agree with you. It isn't a big deal at all that the largest youth soccer club in the country, one that happens to be based in Mass, is under criminal investigation and was raided by the FBI for widespread corruption and immigration fraud spanning a period of more than 10 years, and that same organization has also abused employees and broken numerous employment laws to the point that some are raising legit questions about human trafficking. No, that isn't concerning at all.
                          I'll tell you why. Simple raids, even with deportations, are not that interesting to a wider audience. The FBI and other alphabet agencies raid companies all the time. I know, I worked for one that was.

What does peek the interest of the news outlets are indictments. At this point it's basically a fishing expedition and the media knows it. Sure, they are in a good spot and the fish are biting, but the Feds don't indict unless/until they have you 100% nailed. If and when and that happens, it will all come to light and then you will see the Bradley bros front and center on the tube.

Comment

I'll tell you why. Simple raids, even with deportations, are not that interesting to a wider audience. The FBI and other alphabet agencies raid companies all the time. I know, I worked for one that was.

What does peek the interest of the news outlets are indictments. At this point it's basically a fishing expedition and the media knows it. Sure, they are in a good spot and the fish are biting, but the Feds don't indict unless/until they have you 100% nailed. If and when and that happens, it will all come to light and then you will see the Bradley bros front and center on the tube.
                            ohh, I spoke too soon, I didn't see the NESJ article.

Comment

Our big headed boy Twellman just retweeted the NESJ article.

Comment

It hurts to be so wrong doesn’t it?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X