• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boston Globe High School Girls Soccer Leaders

https://www3.bostonglobe.com/sports/...er?arc404=true

Thanks Mom!

Comment

What name are we supposed to be impressed by?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Duh the one which goes through the defenders taking a break from the wrestling team and scores a goal on the Goalie that’s still falling down 1/2 hr after the shot.

Comment

No real goal scorers anywhere on that list... hilarious

Comment

It appears that a majority of the scoring leaders are concentrated in one limited area/ conference/division. Perhaps it’s because the competition is weaker there. Lots of blow out games, means that they are playing against weak teams, and the parity is out of whack.these numbers are grossly inflated, in many cases.

Comment

That's pay - walled. But...I do know that a 40+ goal scorer didn't make all-scholastic which is kind of unusual, poor competition or not.

Comment

That's pay - walled. But...I do know that a 40+ goal scorer didn't make all-scholastic which is kind of unusual, poor competition or not.
                that's cuz even the Globe can recognize talent.
                Just be me glad you got to clap 40 times

Comment

No real goal scorers anywhere on that list... hilarious
                  I guess 29 pts isn't up to your standards.......I know when you rocked the town league in 5th grade you scored like 35 goals and had about 15 assists

Comment

I guess 29 pts isn't up to your standards.......I know when you rocked the town league in 5th grade you scored like 35 goals and had about 15 assists
                    It's not the points, it's the skill and talent. I've seen enough of these kids play to know that they aren't legit goal scorers against a reasonable level of competition.

Go look at the last 4 years of Mass kids that had 100+ career points and see what they're doing in college. Most of them are no longer even playing forward, or are playing for a team in low level D1 with an RPI of 250. I know one HS superstar (not from Mass), who routinely scored 5-6 goals/game in high school until she quit to focus on club. At the college level she rarely got on the field, and needed to transfer down a level in order to get PT.

Comment

Soccer

One 40+ goal sr F made Globe AS. Notin soccer: in a spring sport!

Comment

15 assists?

Assists are for the weak.

Comment

It's not the points, it's the skill and talent. I've seen enough of these kids play to know that they aren't legit goal scorers against a reasonable level of competition.

Go look at the last 4 years of Mass kids that had 100+ career points and see what they're doing in college. Most of them are no longer even playing forward, or are playing for a team in low level D1 with an RPI of 250. I know one HS superstar (not from Mass), who routinely scored 5-6 goals/game in high school until she quit to focus on club. At the college level she rarely got on the field, and needed to transfer down a level in order to get PT.
                          PT in college depends on many factors and often players get moved to other positions based on who else is on the team, injuries and formations. Unless that player is your own child, you have no idea about her situation. I also know a player who lost PT when a few players red shirted and she was stuck behind them. Coach admitted that she was just as good, but those players were older and more experienced and honestly the coach felt more comfortable going with a known quantity. She transferred against the wishes of the coach who tried to get her to stay. In college coaches are all about proving yourself in games but it can be difficult if an older player in your position is doing well. Many coaches don’t want to mess with a good thing.

Comment

15 assists?

Assists are for the weak.
                            Or a true team player. A win matters. Goals in a loss do not.

Comment

Mass or NE area doesn't have good instate club competition why would that improve for high school which is more limiting.

And RPI's change. Many schools go through rebuilds. Maybe the kid can help.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X