Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Plenty to cover based on the responses...

Sometimes it makes sense to drive a bit further out from the fields to eat, if there's time, between games.

There are excellent bar/restaurants down by the capital in Richmond

Pack clothes for winter and spring. It can get cold, quickly.

Pass on the tournament tshirt and consider UR or VCU swag instead. Their bookstores will be open.

Skip the managers team dinner.

Club fan gear is ok provided you dont look like you want to play! Hoodie is a safe choice.

Try to have a beer with someone from another club unless its someone from PDA, if thats the case run!

It's the best tournament atmosphere/environment (fields, extra curriculars, etc..) we've been to besides the ECNL and DA events.

If you are driving, get creative and try to avoid the Baltimore/DC sections of 95. Detouring through the eastern shore via Delaware can be a wise choice.

And for our music peeps:.
    Crowd, Crowd everywhere a crowd
    Blockin' out the chic fil a, cutting in line
    Do this, don't do that, can't you see the crowds?
    Flipping Signs. I see what you did.
    Agree with all, consider RVA swag as well

Comment

On our last trip to the area we made all the hot spots and my money flowed like wine. Then that low down Southern Whisky began to fog my mind. I woke up in a fog, I don't remember church bells or the money I put down on the white picket fence and boardwalk of the house at the edge of town! But boy do I remember the strain of her ain. The nights we spent together, and the way she called my name. Boy did I have a hard time explaining that bill when I got home!

Comment

On our last trip to the area we made all the hot spots and my money flowed like wine. Then that low down Southern Whisky began to fog my mind. I woke up in a fog, I don't remember church bells or the money I put down on the white picket fence and boardwalk of the house at the edge of town! But boy do I remember the strain of her ain. The nights we spent together, and the way she called my name. Boy did I have a hard time explaining that bill when I got home!
        Lol.. I would not recommend the edge of town in Richmond though

Comment

Noticed in the schedule that MA teams are in the top brackets for Girls Weekend (U14 and lower), but in much lower brackets for Showcase weekend (U15 and up). Didn’t even see Stars in the Showcase even though they are top bracket at the younger ages. I recall MA teams were consistently top brackets many years ago. Any reasons why they drop back at the older ages now?

Comment

Nefc 03 is in the very top bracket for girls showcase weekend USYS ,DA and Ecnl.

Comment

Noticed in the schedule that MA teams are in the top brackets for Girls Weekend (U14 and lower), but in much lower brackets for Showcase weekend (U15 and up). Didn’t even see Stars in the Showcase even though they are top bracket at the younger ages. I recall MA teams were consistently top brackets many years ago. Any reasons why they drop back at the older ages now?
              Many older ECNL teams (Stars, Scorpions) skip Jeff Cup since they travel to multiple ECNL showcases. GDA teams (NEFC, SSS) can't participate in Jeff Cup. That eliminates quite a few top MA teams. I think NEFC might send older NPL teams and Scorps might send ECNLR, but those teams probably won't get placed in the top brackets.

Comment

NEFC in top U17 bracket.
                GPS in top U18 bracket.
                NEFC and FCUSA in second highest U18 bracket.

Comment

NEFC in top U17 bracket.
                  GPS in top U18 bracket.
                  Yes, but the level of competition overall goes down at the older ages....

Comment

Always an interesting ride in from the airport. I've found here is a road, no simple highway between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone. Be safe out there folks.

Comment

NEFC in top U17 bracket.
                      GPS in top U18 bracket.
                      You’re right. I was noticing the drop off between the U13/14 and the U15/16 age groups. It’s quite stark how the MA teams drop from top 3 or 4 brackets back to 5th and lower at these ages. It seems the competition ramps up at U15/16 with more teams from NY thru VA at the top, including a lot of ECNL teams. Makes sense since those areas are closer to Richmond than New England, but got to wonder where they are prior to U15 and where they go after U16?

Comment

You’re right. I was noticing the drop off between the U13/14 and the U15/16 age groups. It’s quite stark how the MA teams drop from top 3 or 4 brackets back to 5th and lower at these ages. It seems the competition ramps up at U15/16 with more teams from NY thru VA at the top, including a lot of ECNL teams. Makes sense since those areas are closer to Richmond than New England, but got to wonder where they are prior to U15 and where they go after U16?
                        Different level teams from MA attending. At U13/14 Stars and Scorpions send their ECNL teams, SSS sends the pre-DA team (u13). At U15, Stars, SSS don't send teams, Scorps sends ECNLR. Even the ECNL teams that go start to thin out since those ages travel to multiple ECNL showcases each year. It makes sense for teams that are driving distance (VA, MD, PA, etc.), but adding another flight for a MA team, for a tournament with less exposure that the ECNL showcases, doesn't make sense.

GDA isn't allowed to go to Jeff Cup, but I assume those teams would make the same decision if it were an option.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2648830
                          And for our music peeps:.
                          Crowd, Crowd everywhere a crowd
                          Blockin' out the chic fil a, cutting in line
                          Do this, don't do that, can't you see the crowds?[/QUOTE]

Sign, sign i gotta get my kid signed....

Like it

Comment

New England GDA teams are attending the Penn Fusion Showcase

Comment

NEFC in top U17 bracket.
                              GPS in top U18 bracket.
                              Older DA teams don’t go to Jefferson Cup. Older Stars and Scorpions ECNL teams attend 3-4 ECNL showcases a year, which get much better college coach exposure than Jefferson. No need for those teams to attend.

Comment

Different level teams from MA attending. At U13/14 Stars and Scorpions send their ECNL teams, SSS sends the pre-DA team (u13). At U15, Stars, SSS don't send teams, Scorps sends ECNLR. Even the ECNL teams that go start to thin out since those ages travel to multiple ECNL showcases each year. It makes sense for teams that are driving distance (VA, MD, PA, etc.), but adding another flight for a MA team, for a tournament with less exposure that the ECNL showcases, doesn't make sense.

GDA isn't allowed to go to Jeff Cup, but I assume those teams would make the same decision if it were an option.
                                U13 /07 Stars Worcester girls are also going.... not even close to being ECNL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X