Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sachems Indoor Complex

I saw that they are going to have an indoor/outdoor complex. When is it being finished? looks like it is past when they said it would be open.

*** is a sachem?

Comment

No really...what is a sachem

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I saw that they are going to have an indoor/outdoor complex. When is it being finished? looks like it is past when they said it would be open.
        I assume you're talking about SFC New England (formerly Sachems FC) and their facility in Winchester (I assume that because it's obvious but I started this sentence and I'm not going back now). It's actually owned by the non-profit Winchester Youth Soccer organization that also runs SFC.

They raised funds through the club and donations to build the full outdoor pitch that has been open for quite some time now. Then they had enough funds to either build another full outdoor field (and eventually make it indoor) or build most of the indoor facility. They opted to just build the indoor facility with the hopes that funding would come through. There were some construction delays and the steel tariff cause an issue with materials but it got delayed. I think they hoped the whole thing would be done in 2018 but it's 2020 now.

The organization is volunteer run so you can not really blame them.

Comment

I assume you're talking about SFC New England (formerly Sachems FC) and their facility in Winchester (I assume that because it's obvious but I started this sentence and I'm not going back now). It's actually owned by the non-profit Winchester Youth Soccer organization that also runs SFC.

They raised funds through the club and donations to build the full outdoor pitch that has been open for quite some time now. Then they had enough funds to either build another full outdoor field (and eventually make it indoor) or build most of the indoor facility. They opted to just build the indoor facility with the hopes that funding would come through. There were some construction delays and the steel tariff cause an issue with materials but it got delayed. I think they hoped the whole thing would be done in 2018 but it's 2020 now.

----
          That is some serious fundraising!

Comment

Ducking yawn!

Comment

I heard rumor they have a private company helping them fund the rest. Is that true?

Comment

I heard rumor they have a private company helping them fund the rest. Is that true?
                https://www.google.com/amp/s/winches...emplate=ampart

Comment

https://winchestercommunitypark.org/

Comment

Interesting...….so when is Stars taking over Sachems?

Comment

Wasn't this suppose to be done a couple of years ago? The designs on the facility look really nice.

Comment

Wasn't this suppose to be done a couple of years ago? The designs on the facility look really nice.
                        It was supposed to be done a few years ago.

I heard this too. Hoping it's not something stupid but it probably will be.

Interesting...….so when is Stars taking over Sachems?
                        They wish. Who wouldn't want to be close to the city (well at least as close as Winchester) compared to the untamed backwoods of Lancaster.

Comment

According to that article Teamworks is going to run it. Sounds like they are the ones financing it. If it has taken them this long to build it, they must not have the appropriate funds to get it going.

Comment

According to that article Teamworks is going to run it. Sounds like they are the ones financing it. If it has taken them this long to build it, they must not have the appropriate funds to get it going.
                            Yeah - I heard teamworks too. Which sucks because organizations like that suck and are profit driven and don't usually work in the interest of the players, just their bottom line.

Comment

No, Teamworks will just manage it, not finance it. WSC sold $7million in bonds to buy the site, install the outdoor field, and lay the foundation for the field house. To construct the field house itself, they were relying on donations and naming rights, but that’s been slow. One issue is that the field house is relatively small compared to the 60,000+ sq ft ones that Teamworks owns that allow multiple sports so making money as mainly a soccer complex will be tough.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X