Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BU women soccer

Will it turn for the better next season?

What changed to make you think it will.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What changed to make you think it will.
      Get a life loser. One down season out of how many? Crawl back into your hole. There are a host if teams up here that need to have a better season; not one.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        Get a life loser. One down season out of how many? Crawl back into your hole. There are a host if teams up here that need to have a better season; not one.
        And there’s a thread about all of them, even those schools with very few MA kids on the roster. BU is different because there are so many local kids, but you are not alone.

Comment

And there’s a thread about all of them, even those schools with very few MA kids on the roster. BU is different because there are so many local kids, but you are not alone.
          Is BU getting better next few years? Not being smart but kids prob want to win a few games in college.

Comment

Is BU getting better next few years? Not being smart but kids prob want to win a few games in college.
            Yes you are being an azzhole. Go pester about a team not considered top 51 of the past decade. Probably with no help from your kid.
            Go bother other teams who never win a thing.

Comment

Yes you are being an azzhole. Go pester about a team not considered top 51 of the past decade. Probably with no help from your kid.
              Go bother other teams who never win a thing.
              This was posted on a different thread on this site; which was on another site.

"Happened upon another forum where the discussions are about soccer not posters. Refreshing.

Anyway while you like to poke fun at BC and BU, they are considered in the top 51 teams of the decade for post season appearance and performance (going to pk's considered advancing as it is in the record books as a tie) including last season.

Both are in a rebuilding phase. But not bad. Many schools around us that had a few good runs not in it because of the lack of consistency.

Plenty of teams not included. New decade, let's see how many other teams around here can make the list.

Btw the info was amassed by CPThomas the metrics guy. He did a top 15 based on regular season, massy info and then a top 50 (51 as several teams had same rankings).

"Here is what I had, above, based on average Massey regular season rankings for the decade:

1. Stanford 3
              2. North Carolina 5
              3. Virginia 6
              4. Florida State 7
              5. UCLA 11
              6. Penn State 14
              7. Texas A&M 15
              8. West Virginia 15
              9. Duke 16
              10. Florida 17
              11. Santa Clara 18
              12. South Carolina 21
              13. BYU 22
              14. Southern California 25
              15. Notre Dame 26

Here is what I get for the top 51 based on NCAA tournament performance, using the scoring system in the preceding post. In parentheses are the rankings based on Massey regular season:

1. Stanford 174 (1)
              2. FloridaState 151 (4)
              3. NorthCarolinaU 133 (2)
              4. UCLA 121 (5)
              5. Duke 108 (9)
              6. VirginiaU 100 (3)
              6. PennState 100 (6)
              8. NotreDame 66 (15)
              8. SouthernCalifornia 66 (14)
              10. TexasA&M 64 (7)
              11. WestVirginiaU 63 (8)
              12. SouthCarolinaU 58 (12)
              13. FloridaU 56 (10)
              13. Georgetown 56 (not in top 15 regular season list)
              15. SantaClara 50 (11)
              16. VirginiaTech 39 (not in top 15 regular season list)
              17. BYU 37 (13)
              18. BostonCollege 36
              18. OhioState 36
              18. WakeForest 36
              21. Rutgers 35
              21. WashingtonState 35
              23. Baylor 33
              24. Auburn 30
              24. MichiganU 30
              26. OklahomaState 29
              27. TexasTech 28
              27. WisconsinU 28
              29. UCF 27
              30. ArkansasU 26
              31. Clemson 25
              32. NCState 24
              33. WashingtonU 21
              34. CaliforniaU 20
              35. Marquette 18
              35. TennesseeU 18
              35. ColoradoU 18
              35. ArizonaU 18
              39. Princeton 17
              39. MississippiU 17
              39. Pepperdine 17
              39. SouthFlorida 17
              43. MinnesotaU 16
              44. KentuckyU 15
              44. MarylandU 15
              44. PortlandU 15
              44. LongBeachState 15
              48. NorthwesternU 14
              48. BostonU 14
              48. Hofstra 14
              48. KansasU 14"

Comment

Interesting to note, most are P5 schools of course. Their p5 athletic dept agreements, bowl and tv money afford a lot of perks.

Comment

I am not sure why BU would be discussed in the same breath as BC, and I’m no Eagles fan. BU has struggled for a while, but I don’t know if they have a strong recruiting class. There is a good midfielder from NEFC, but that’s all I’ve heard about.

Comment

I am not sure why BU would be discussed in the same breath as BC, and I’m no Eagles fan. BU has struggled for a while, but I don’t know if they have a strong recruiting class. There is a good midfielder from NEFC, but that’s all I’ve heard about.
                    Thanks mom.

The stats don't lie. The massy info was used by a credible soccer source. They are a top 50 team tied with northwestern, hofstra, and kansas at 48 for the decade for their ncaa performances. This includes the tie with sec champ (0-0) a pk away from next round. You may not like it but it is a fact. BC and BU and Hofstra on it. Some other schools may like to struggle like this. Probably about 300 others.

Northwestern struggled this yr too as did others on the list.. Teams rebuild as a poster noted.

There are others on team that are good. Hopefully kids are healthy and their coach can put them in position to win.

I root for the local teams not against. Last season is over.

Comment

Just a curiosity but hasn’t BU been plagued by an excessive amount of acl injuries over the last 5 years or so? Is it their playing surface, training, conditioning or just plain bad luck?

Comment

Just a curiosity but hasn’t BU been plagued by an excessive amount of acl injuries over the last 5 years or so? Is it their playing surface, training, conditioning or just plain bad luck?
                        What is an excessive amount? What is normal? Most girls tear their acl’s in early high school. Are BU’s tears girls with prior tears? What yr into college are the tears occurring? Unless the bulk of them are happing in the jr years a lot probably has to do with poor training at the club levels. Some of it also has to do with poor recruiting and reaching for girls that either have knee problems or obviously aren’t doing the work in the gym that they need to do.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X