Harvard men’s soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lehrer was a D1 coach (UCLA) - didn't help much although he did have a great season in 2016 and would have won the league had the sex scandal not broke out (which btw was happening before he got there)

The team has two issues:

1) They had some bad recruits under Delano (the previous asst coach under Lehrer)- it was lazy recruiting as several so-called "national team" recruits turned out to be pretty mediocre.
    2) Poor team chemistry

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Good move by the coach, mistake for Harvard. Tells everyone that they are de-emphasizing the men's program.
      Ummm, BTNT, no it doesn't mean that. Quite the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        Did you get passed over for the job? You sure are bitter.
        It could be an assistant on the chopping block. I have never heard a bad thing about the new coach from anyone in any division. They got lucky if true.

Comment

What a complete moron. It's obvious that you are not talking about your alma mater.
          It's that dumbphuque loser son of Tommy Heinson. Even his own daughter won't acknowledge his miserable existance.

Comment

Interesting that BT was the assistant to JS at Tufts when they were building the program prior to the championships.
            So much for the "division jumping" hypothesis!

Comment

My guess is that Harvard gets to 5-6 wins in 2020 and .500 in 2021.

Comment

Everyone is acting like Shapiro has the job, but there's absolutely no confirmation of this . . . .

Comment

My guess is that Harvard gets to 5-6 wins in 2020 and .500 in 2021.
                  With what talent? Any team that goes 0-14-1 is not going to have much.

Comment

It's tough to turn an Ivy around in a year because of the short pre-season and the lack of spring season. Look at the Brown Women's program. It's basically taken her close to 5 years to get that program into a good spot and she inherited a middle of the pack team, not a bottom dweller.

Comment

Everyone is acting like Shapiro has the job, but there's absolutely no confirmation of this . . . .
                      Ask a Tufts player and you will learn the truth.

Comment

The Tufts team has been on break. He isn't going to resign without making contact with some of them. I don't think Harvard takes transfers? Sometime a few key vets make a difference where even talented frosh can not. So yes it could take a while. Though I saw them play in Sept. and they weren't that bad.

Comment

The Tufts team has been on break. He isn't going to resign without making contact with some of them.
                          From what I heard, he made contact with ALL of them.

Comment

The Tufts team has been on break. He isn't going to resign without making contact with some of them. I don't think Harvard takes transfers? Sometime a few key vets make a difference where even talented frosh can not. So yes it could take a while. Though I saw them play in Sept. and they weren't that bad.
                            Transfers from Tufts? If they had the grades to be at Harvard and the soccer ability to impact there don't you think they would be there already?

Comment

If they had the grades/scores for Tufts, they had the grades/scores for Harvard.

Comment

If they had the grades/scores for Tufts, they had the grades/scores for Harvard.
                                This is true. In general, it is harder to satisfy the NESCAC academic requirements for athletes than it is to satisfy the Ivy requirements for athletes. NESCACs have far less ability to deviate below the school mean.

At the same time, the overall soccer talent level between the two leagues is significant. Harvard and other Ivys are generally able to attract markedly better players. JS is an excellent recruiter. Give him a few years, with the Harvard platform and name to market, and he likely will get that program moving in the right direction.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X