Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    His point has been that the leveling is wrong. You seem content to just include as many kids as possible and let them just play which is fine when the goal is more recreational in nature. The disconnect comes when the goal becomes developing the best players possible. That always means pruning the herd and putting training resources into best players in that herd.
    If your kid is considered pruned herd by their club, it is time to stop financially supporting that club. Bye Bye. See ya. No need to waste thousands of your dollars on a club that sees your kid as a red headed step child. There are better clubs for your kid.

Comment

So YOU had to look it up. I've been using the word here for at least 8-9 years. As for your allusion, to quote the famous DT, I am "perfect" in that area.
      Sorry you are so obsessed with DT and his “area” too. Eeeeew!

Comment

ODP is a waste of time. My son is getting much better training at GPS with his coaches and teammates.

ODP is not what it was years & years ago.

Comment

If your kid is considered pruned herd by their club, it is time to stop financially supporting that club. Bye Bye. See ya. No need to waste thousands of your dollars on a club that sees your kid as a red headed step child. There are better clubs for your kid.
          So instead you jump from club to club listening to coaches who will lie about your kid's ability just for the money and then go on an anonymous soccer forum to bad mouth your former clubs (See post above and all GPS threads)

At some point you have to step back and realize your kid is what they are. If your kid is getting cut or otherwise being treated like the red headed step child by clubs why are you even bothering throwing money into soccer for anything more than a recreational experience? None of the clubs have a magic wand and if your kid is so difficult to reach that they need a magician of a coach to bring out whatever talent they might have you are kidding yourself.

ODP sux because it is the great lie detector. The program will actually tell you if your kid is destined to be a special player or not. The only problem way too many parents can't handle the truth so IT must be the problem.

Comment

So instead you jump from club to club listening to coaches who will lie about your kid's ability just for the money and then go on an anonymous soccer forum to bad mouth your former clubs (See post above and all GPS threads)

At some point you have to step back and realize your kid is what they are. If your kid is getting cut or otherwise being treated like the red headed step child by clubs why are you even bothering throwing money into soccer for anything more than a recreational experience? None of the clubs have a magic wand and if your kid is so difficult to reach that they need a magician of a coach to bring out whatever talent they might have you are kidding yourself.

ODP sux because it is the great lie detector. The program will actually tell you if your kid is destined to be a special player or not. The only problem way too many parents can't handle the truth so IT must be the problem.
            Shhh, the clubs don’t want this going around. They keep telling parents their mediocre kid will get better and better with each year of fees. The reality is that a vast majority of kids stay in the same pecking order from U12 to HS. The kids that were great U12 tend to be the great in HS. It’s called genetics and general athletic ability, and it’s quite difficult to overcome that.

Comment

Shhh, the clubs don’t want this going around. They keep telling parents their mediocre kid will get better and better with each year of fees. The reality is that a vast majority of kids stay in the same pecking order from U12 to HS. The kids that were great U12 tend to be the great in HS. It’s called genetics and general athletic ability, and it’s quite difficult to overcome that.
              I've experienced different. In fact, just talking the other day about the stars of my daughter's U-littles no longer are. Well, likely 75% of them no longer are.

After puberty is when it shakes out. With your theory, my kid should've just quit and not stuck with it when she finally put it together at 13.

Comment

I've experienced different. In fact, just talking the other day about the stars of my daughter's U-littles no longer are. Well, likely 75% of them no longer are.

After puberty is when it shakes out. With your theory, my kid should've just quit and not stuck with it when she finally put it together at 13.
                That's post puberty for girls. Just saying. You don't need to hang around until high school to see how things shake out with them. It's the boys that are the slow developers.

Comment

That's post puberty for girls. Just saying. You don't need to hang around until high school to see how things shake out with them. It's the boys that are the slow developers.

Yes. And the poster (you?) said at U12, which I wholeheartedly disagree with.

Comment

Yes. And the poster (you?) said at U12, which I wholeheartedly disagree with.
                    No, but U12 (6th grade) is the start of when things really start to shake out. You can generally see who the unicorns are by that age and then over the next 12-18 months the rest will shake out on the girls side.

Comment

"Why are you even bothering throwing money....nothing more than a recreational experience....you can get fresh air for free...." Really, BTNT? Again? So if your kid had been cut from a regional pool you would have just her from soccer except for maybe Christian, town soccer?? Well, OK, of course YOU would. That's not what most would do, no matter how many more years you rant.

Comment

YES. Early physical and mental developers get that added benny of more game invites more playing time etc....so that also helps them. But many do fade, and many catch up. Give major credit to the hard working late developers who keep grinding.....many give up.

Comment

"Why are you even bothering throwing money....nothing more than a recreational experience....you can get fresh air for free...." Really, BTNT? Again? So if your kid had been cut from a regional pool you would have just her from soccer except for maybe Christian, town soccer?? Well, OK, of course YOU would. That's not what most would do, no matter how many more years you rant.
                          And then of course he wrote the very next post about genetics...to support his post about how extra special the special kids are.

Comment

Yep, here it is. BTNT with his sweeping rules and generalizations. "My kid made the regional pool at age 9..." bullcrap.

Sure there's a business element? Do you expect club coaches and administrators to work for free? Not feed their families? Are soccer parents the only ones in the world who don't have eyes and can't see for themselves how much to participate or pay? How many "mediocre" kids ended up doing just fine (by THEIR standards/expectations)?

Comment

Why not? Why can’t kid play against kids they go to school with. Believe they have been doing that for generations on school based teams. If a 6th grade kid is good enough to play with high school kids why shouldn’t they be playing with them?
                              Now you're moving the goalposts. The argument wasn't about high school structure and frosh or even 8th graders being allowed to play. The argument was about what is best for development? And interestingly (and we know why) the argument is always made about banning age groups because of the younger kids. Sure, I might get a boner too if my 13 year old gets moved up with the 18 and 19 year old studs, but how in the heck does that help the 18 and 19 year olds? What about their development? Shouldn't they be playing with the stud 24 and 25 year olds? All of this BTDT crap is just so old, but he'll keep going. Wonder where he thinks all of his efforts here are going to lead? Or is it just about making himself a tiny bit better compared to the neighbors?

Comment

Now you're moving the goalposts. The argument wasn't about high school structure and frosh or even 8th graders being allowed to play. The argument was about what is best for development? And interestingly (and we know why) the argument is always made about banning age groups because of the younger kids. Sure, I might get a boner too if my 13 year old gets moved up with the 18 and 19 year old studs, but how in the heck does that help the 18 and 19 year olds? What about their development? Shouldn't they be playing with the stud 24 and 25 year olds? All of this BTDT crap is just so old, but he'll keep going. Wonder where he thinks all of his efforts here are going to lead? Or is it just about making himself a tiny bit better compared to the neighbors?
                                Some of you clearly think TS is your personal place to wage warfare. Others see it as simply a discussion.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X