Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    yeah ok T.C. We know this is you. The fact that you tried to throw ML under the bus PROVES it's you. same way you e-mailed all the parents in the club (for what purpose remains unknown) just to air each others dirty laundry.

Stop trying to change the topic of this post. You're argument is irrelevant. HCSC is a Rec club now. Stew in the pot you made and STAY on topic. Oh wait! FPS runs your club now too don't they. We can see by your NEW logo that has the FPS name on it.
    I'm not with HCSC and I don't even know who TC is, but yeah, I'll throw ML under the bus all day long. I don't think either you or he want to start airing all of the dirty laundry from those days. I sat through enough of those meetings, HCSC and HOA, to know the way ML operates. Suffice to say, if it had not been for ML's actions a lot of kids might still be playing at HC instead of driving 2 hours round trip to training.

Comment

I'm not with HCSC and I don't even know who TC is, but yeah, I'll throw ML under the bus all day long. I don't think either you or he want to start airing all of the dirty laundry from those days. I sat through enough of those meetings, HCSC and HOA, to know the way ML operates. Suffice to say, if it had not been for ML's actions a lot of kids might still be playing at HC instead of driving 2 hours round trip to training.
      Me again, I just figured out who TC is. You're not even warm but it wouldn't change what I said.

Comment

Me again, I just figured out who TC is. You're not even warm but it wouldn't change what I said.
        Who cares who you are anyway.
        Stay on the POST

Comment

FPS using HCSC people to get forum off topic.
          Typical, let's not talk about the topic which is..

Is he staying or what? SPILL IT
          & DON'T LIE!!!

Comment

This post is comical. Rush barely exists and being swallowed by OCYS.

The ACYS comment is definitely comical.

There's no drama at fca. Never was. You seem to forget that fca has been fca for 21 years.

Can you say that about the other clubs? You mention state cup. I guess you do
            not know that fca has 9 teams playing this weekend in state cup.
            Rush is the most stable club in town with excellent coaches. They have a continued history of developing players and winning championships. They have a partnership with OC on the DA and that's it. No drama and doing great! Hell, Rush may swallow up OCYS if the MLS picks NY for the 20th pro team.

Comment

There may be some truth to the Rush OCYS comment. Besides the alliance for the boys DA, Rush just dumped Nike and picked up Adidas which was one of the reasons previously given why OC could never merge/acquire Florida Rush. The rumors have persisted for years and usually from the parents.

So now we have the FCA/OCYS unholy alliance on ECNL girls and RUSH/OCYS on the boys. Sounds like the big clubs are having a party. The next month is going to be interesting to watch.

Full Disclosure: I don't have a dog in this hunt. We play in Tampa but lived in Orlando for many years and still get tickled with all the O-drama!
              Not a chance OC swallows Rush. Nike to Adidas deal is a National Rush decision and has absolutely nothing to do with OCYS. They're changing 35,000 uniforms across country.

Comment

When you are using the Lake Nona Girls Middle School Championship team as your benchmark of performance you show your ignorance. HCSC is a great recreational community club.
                HCSC is good at feeding kids to bigger clubs when they are ready for real competitive soccer.
                And I guess your definition of rec is anything under State Cup? Or maybe your a DA advocate who thinks all GCF soccer is rec. Fine. Try and operate a club on just State Cup or DA teams. Oh wait, they are trying to do that with FKK. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

HCSC was coached by all volunteers (read: Daddy Coaches) but they now have paid staff. It won't change the landscape overnight but you might be surprised who comes back to play for the neighborhood. I think there is something special about playing on fields where you live in front of your schoolmates and neighbors. That has alot of appeal to a 13-19 year old kid. In the meantime, we will just keep playing soccer in the "rec leagues."

I had several parents ask me about the changes at HCSC. Seems they are tired of the two-hour commutes three times a week and paying 3-4 times fees. It appears that those who left in anger are seeking resolution and those that left for glory just have not found it. We will know at try-outs.

One other thing. Before you go running down clubs in your own town which provide you competition when you are not chasing tourament glory, why don't you beat some of the South Florida clubs that are dominating State Cup? The area has produced one lone team that dominates that level of play so Rush gets to bragging rights. Maybe they think of your club as "rec".

Comment

You know just little enough about what really happened to show your ignorance of the real story. SB, BS, and EF got caught up in the fallout, but the real issue were the gypsy clubs that ML was allowing to play under the HCSC umbrella. It was the right decision for the good of HC (homeowners that is), but a lot of good neighborhood soccer players were affected by it. Had ML not gotten so greedy and tried to pad his wallet with out-of-area player fees everything might have been okay.
                  I don't know the history. Sounds like I don't want to. Just more parents getting in the way of kids trying to play a game. What Hunter's Creek has is home grown talent. Lots of it. True, many left for greener fields that were promised by DoCs and coaches looking to pool talent. Some found a good place on a great team with a coach they like. That is what youth soccer is all about right? As long as mom does not mind the commute and paying the extra bucks, then we wish the kid well.

For those that feel they did not get what was promised, the club welcomes them back with no prejudice. We may be just a rec club to you but we have a great diversity of cultures that love soccer and people show up to watch games who don't even have kids playing. How often does that happen at your club? How often do your kid's classmates show up to watch him/her play on a Saturday afternoon? Do you regularly have crowds stretched the entire field and sometimes on both sides? How many parents play on the weekend at your club? Take a drive through the 'Creek and you will see a love of the game that is not about scholarships, gotsoccer points or tournament titles. What you will see is a community that loves soccer.

Comment

Agreed. All good players left shortly after they forced SB's hand w/ the dumb 50% rule which was put into place so the kid of someone who is on the board would get more playing time and it backfired completely. I know they wish they could take that one back and don't even come w/ the homeowners assoc crap because the HCSC Board pushed that idea on them.
                    So let's look at this. SB leaves and takes a few residents with him to create a very good U13G team. Al takes his entire team to GOU. Seems like there would be nothing left? A ragtag group of rec misfits? Poor kids can't make the roster at a decent team so they have to settle for Hunter's Creek. A club where they don't need lights because the club controls the fields and the kids are done playing games and home for dinner by dark.

Remember that the next time your kid is doing their homework in the car or eating their dinner out of a cup on the ride home at 9:15 at night.

Comment

Rush is the most stable club in town with excellent coaches. They have a continued history of developing players and winning championships. They have a partnership with OC on the DA and that's it. No drama and doing great! Hell, Rush may swallow up OCYS if the MLS picks NY for the 20th pro team.
                      True on all counts. But the winds of change are coming. Parents complaining that the boys get the good coaches and all the best the club has to offer and girls are seen as another revenue source. Turnover in coaches happens at every club and that can sometimes shake up a roster. I agree that Rush is the most stable club at present, however, I feel a stirring in the club scene. Lots of whispering in the background. Some clubs may be losing fields, others are alligning. Might even be another merger in addition to a spin-off or two.

All will be known in a few weeks. Be patient and don't get too cocky. You could be the next one trying to explain the mass exodus from your ranks. Just saying....

Comment

So let's look at this. SB leaves and takes a few residents with him to create a very good U13G team. Al takes his entire team to GOU. Seems like there would be nothing left? A ragtag group of rec misfits? Poor kids can't make the roster at a decent team so they have to settle for Hunter's Creek. A club where they don't need lights because the club controls the fields and the kids are done playing games and home for dinner by dark.

Remember that the next time your kid is doing their homework in the car or eating their dinner out of a cup on the ride home at 9:15 at night.
                        OK. Explain the practicality of this.
                        Lets say I WORK in Hunters Creek. Say Chase Bank. I get off @ 5pm. If I can geg home to kid my kid and have NOOOO delays maybe I can get to the Vistas by 5:15pm.
                        If it is fall/Winter. How dies that help when the sun goes down @ 6:00pm.
                        Stay out of this Hunters Creek. You had a chance to be one if the best club in Florida but you mismanaged & squandered it.

Agreed that Rush is consistent in coaches but NOT in players. Kids move up and down teams WAAAY to much to be seriously getting evaluated.

Hey FCA. You dropped off this post. Guess you heard it from the horse's mouth yourself about the departure huh? Ha Ha Ha. Wake up and smell the coffee. How many teams did he coach?

Comment

True on all counts. But the winds of change are coming. Parents complaining that the boys get the good coaches and all the best the club has to offer and girls are seen as another revenue source. Turnover in coaches happens at every club and that can sometimes shake up a roster. I agree that Rush is the most stable club at present, however, I feel a stirring in the club scene. Lots of whispering in the background. Some clubs may be losing fields, others are alligning. Might even be another merger in addition to a spin-off or two.

All will be known in a few weeks. Be patient and don't get too cocky. You could be the next one trying to explain the mass exodus from your ranks. Just saying....

In the famous words of Harry Potter HCSC.

"YOUUUU WISH"!!!

Comment

We are still talking about FCA right? The club that changed D.O.C.'s 3 times in 2 years and is going for the 4-Peat!

Nobody cares about HCSC. They need to win a respectable tournament first to get any credibility back.
                            I guess you still do not get it. Docs do not manage a club and they definitely do not manage fca. That's why fca has been around for over 21 years.

Comment

OK. Explain the practicality of this.
                              Lets say I WORK in Hunters Creek. Say Chase Bank. I get off @ 5pm. If I can geg home to kid my kid and have NOOOO delays maybe I can get to the Vistas by 5:15pm.
                              If it is fall/Winter. How dies that help when the sun goes down @ 6:00pm.
                              Stay out of this Hunters Creek. You had a chance to be one if the best club in Florida but you mismanaged & squandered it.

Agreed that Rush is consistent in coaches but NOT in players. Kids move up and down teams WAAAY to much to be seriously getting evaluated.

Hey FCA. You dropped off this post. Guess you heard it from the horse's mouth yourself about the departure huh? Ha Ha Ha. Wake up and smell the coffee. How many teams did he coach?
                              I'm sorry. Who is playing? You or your kid? We never had a problem practicing in the winter even when it was getting dark at 5:30. The kids get to the field because they live in the neighborhood. Some bike, some walk, some take the mom taxi. I know that sounds foreign when you are used to driving your kids to and from practice. When your kids play in your own neighborhood, you don't need to helicopter parent. You sure don't need to spend countless hours at the fields waiting for them to finish.

You see in Hunter's Creek we have this amazing phenomenon where kids actually play. They hop on their bikes and go to the park and play until the lights come on and then they come home and eat. Come by and check it out some time. Drive up and down the Vistas or Town Center Blvd. You will see kids playing pick up games, you will see them standing around with friends and you will see organized practices. What you don't see is a line of cars in the parking lots with parents hanging around looking at their iphones waiting for their kids to finish practice.

You may be right about the club having a chance to be one of the best clubs in Florida. Can I assume you mean in State Cup championships? Disney Tournament trophies? Got Soccer points? Who knows. Maybe that will come back and maybe it won't. Seems like a new club comes along every 4-years or so and becomes the hot place to play. We had our time and maybe we squandered it. But maybe, just maybe we don't measure success the same way you do. You know we celebrate every kid that gets a scholarship no matter what club he/she plays for? Yep. Signing picture goes in the neighborhood magazine. Do you know when club coaches come to HC Middle or Freedom, we welcome them? You see we are proud that our area produces so many talented kids. We know that it comes from having great facilities and a culture that promotes playing and enjoying the game. Winning is great and we enjoy it but nobody is promising wins. Maybe that is why some kids leave for bigger more "successful" clubs. But you know what? When they want to hang out and have fun, they are not asking you to drive them to Windermere or Sanford. Nope. They are heading out to hook up with their friends at one of our many parks and that is what makes us a community. You see the kids don't get all caught up in what club they play for. They are too busy being kids. And in the 'Creek, we let kids be kids. We wish them well whereever they play. We are just glad their parents chose our neighborhood to live.

Comment

In other words, you can't afford the other clubs.
                                I understand. Soccer has become VERY expensive.
                                If your kid cares more about playing then your right.
                                Some kids are more dedicated.
                                Hunters Creek IS a great place and no one is debating you on that.
                                However, from a competitive standpoint,
                                You have NO leg to stand on.

This POST is about the D.O.C of FCA
                                please leave it there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X