Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So are the FPL teams their top teams? Or would that be State Cup teams?
    And didn't the FPL teams play in State Cup?
    FPL is a league. State Cup is a tournament. Most FPL teams play State Cup.

Comment

FPL is a league. State Cup is a tournament. Most FPL teams play State Cup.
      Sounds like some hair-splitting to justify tryouts a week before FYSA allows it. Players will obviously be identified for SC and RC spots during the FPL week. Plenty of clubs doing it so this is not a big deal, but lets be real about what's really going on.

Comment

If FYSA would enforce all of their rules, maybe soccer in Florida might start to improve. These clubs having early tryouts for their FPL teams should be told by FYSA then those teams cannot participate in State Cup but of course FYSA will not enforce the rules on these clubs because when State Cup rolls around next year they want they want their money.

Comment

If FYSA would enforce all of their rules, maybe soccer in Florida might start to improve. These clubs having early tryouts for their FPL teams should be told by FYSA then those teams cannot participate in State Cup but of course FYSA will not enforce the rules on these clubs because when State Cup rolls around next year they want they want their money.
          Everyone keeps talking about FYSA's love of money. ODP is not expensive compared to what we pay in player fees for tournaments and I highly doubt a governing body would chuck its policy just for a few thousand dollars in entry fees from a club. It just does not make sense.

Truth is that it is different governing bodies. FPL is part of NPL under the sanctioning US Club Soccer which is not affiliated with FYSA. If FYSA wanted to be jerks, they would make clubs chose an exclusive affiliation. All of these little Fiefdoms are aligned with US Soccer so it really is one combined effort of youth soccer development. Clubs will always look for the advantage in recruiting talent so this is yet another effort to get the girls committed early regardless of which league they end up playing.

Comment

Everyone keeps talking about FYSA's love of money. ODP is not expensive compared to what we pay in player fees for tournaments and I highly doubt a governing body would chuck its policy just for a few thousand dollars in entry fees from a club. It just does not make sense.

Truth is that it is different governing bodies. FPL is part of NPL under the sanctioning US Club Soccer which is not affiliated with FYSA. If FYSA wanted to be jerks, they would make clubs chose an exclusive affiliation. All of these little Fiefdoms are aligned with US Soccer so it really is one combined effort of youth soccer development. Clubs will always look for the advantage in recruiting talent so this is yet another effort to get the girls committed early regardless of which league they end up playing.
            Yes but if the teams are going to be in State cup then FYSA should enforce the same rules on them as on every other club. Basically these clubs since they are playing FPL are using it as an excuse to hold tryouts early and you are right its to gain an unfair advantage over the other clubs in tryouts. I'm just stating the facts.

Comment

OCYS made it very clear that they will use DA tryouts to scout for their Purple State Cup teams. Actually put it on their website.

Comment

Is SB leaving FCA or not?

Can someone please confirm this rumor? if so, why is he coaching Super Y for FCA this summer?

Comment

Can someone please confirm this rumor? if so, why is he coaching Super Y for FCA this summer?
                  He is not leaving. Next year it's my understanding he will be coaching less teams however. Yes he is coaching U12 Super Y for FCA. SB is a great coach. Question answered now close this thread please.

Comment

He is not leaving. Next year it's my understanding he will be coaching less teams however. Yes he is coaching U12 Super Y for FCA. SB is a great coach. Question answered now close this thread please.
                    Why not coach his world champion U13s?

Comment

I am not from FCA so I can not speak to any issues surrounding this coach but he teaches soccer the right way. In the U13 age group he taught those kids some good soccer as evidenced by the way they play. It also sounds to me like he had an eclectic crew of parents on that team with varied levels of appropriateness. Something definitely went haywire just from looking from the outside in but my guess is that it was not only the coach.

Comment

Jeckyl and Hyde

I am not from FCA so I can not speak to any issues surrounding this coach but he teaches soccer the right way. In the U13 age group he taught those kids some good soccer as evidenced by the way they play. It also sounds to me like he had an eclectic crew of parents on that team with varied levels of appropriateness. Something definitely went haywire just from looking from the outside in but my guess is that it was not only the coach.
                        He is a great coach in terms of what he teaches the girls.
                        He also gets carried away with winning as evidenced by past behaviors.

He should be a coach with a firm DOC keeping a thumb on him. That would be the perfect scenario. It's when you put him in charge of everything that something will go wrong.

Comment

Why not coach his world champion U13s?
                          He couldn't get enough kids to field a 3v3 team to defend his "National Championship". That should tell you everything you need to know about SB and what his parents think of him.

Comment

s4CYNW

He is a good recruiter. Most of those girls are not even from Orlando. Some from Volusia, and the strongest player on the team is from Brevard. Wonder how many of those will be there next season.

Comment

What is the prestigious "FPL Identification Program"? This is being held 1 week prior to tryouts. Sounds like some SB ID2 BS to get a jump on other clubs at tryouts.

FC America would like to announce registration details for the 2013 / 2014 Club Programs.

The club will hold identification dates for the prestigious FPL program for players aged U13-U18 from May 21st - 23rd. The following week, FC America will commence tryouts for FYSA State Cup and Region Cup teams. Tryouts will be held from Tuesday 28th May to Tuesday 2nd June.

The NPL Identification Dates and the club Tryouts will be held at the Trotters Park field complex in Lee Road, Orlando.

“We are excited for the upcoming period as FC America continue to provide a conveyor belt to the highest levels of the game for aspiring players from Central Orlando,” said FC America General Manager Graham Munro. “FC America is a club synonymous with quality and professionalism and we look forward to continuing to provide a platform for players to reach the highest level of the game.”

FC America has assembled an unrivaled coaching staff for the 2013 / 2014 season that includes FYSA State Championship winning coaches, highly respected local coaches and a collection of nationally licensed coaches from the UK as the club continues to provide the optimum player development experience for players in Central Orlando.

“At FC America we have assembled our strongest ever coaching staff as we look forward to the 2013 / 2014 season,” said Munro. “The knowledgebase, qualifications and previous success of our coaching staff places FC America as the premier club soccer option in the Central Orlando region.”

The 2013 / 2014 FC America coaching staff will be revealed prior to the FPL Identification dates / tryouts.

Please see below for full registration details. Please note that the Junior Premier Program is open registration for all players. Please note for ages U6-U10 the evenings will be used as training evenings.

For more information on FC America please contact the club Main Office on 321-251-4920.
                              Sounds unethical. Too bad Munro isn't leaving with AH.

Comment

Yes but if the teams are going to be in State cup then FYSA should enforce the same rules on them as on every other club. Basically these clubs since they are playing FPL are using it as an excuse to hold tryouts early and you are right its to gain an unfair advantage over the other clubs in tryouts. I'm just stating the facts.
                                As a parent, you should decide with your child, but if I were anyone attending these tryouts, I would not sign anything until I had attended all of the tryouts around town. Don't let them bully you into signing so you are left with no choice. This is absolutely crazy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X