Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No - it will be next spring like everyone else. Players are committed to teams through next spring and league play doesn't start until fall 2017. Boys DA runs fall through spring and usually run tryouts in June
    OC has till May to recruit and a year before league play.

Comment

OC has till May to recruit and a year before league play.
      Why do we need to recruit? We already have the top girls from ECNL.

Comment

It will be interesting. Orlando City will keep ECNL. Orlando PRIDE is the entity getting DA. Two different entities. I know, I know. Its the same overall club.

But it allows them to have both ECNL and DA without any real conflict.

Comment

I would like to think that recruiting girls from all over would give them a solid base and not just moving girls up from within the club. I guess they will send out invites to some of the best they have seen within the state. Just wondering if US Soccer has overriding authority to recuit anytime over club players? I would think that they would but not sure. It is US Soccer based.

Comment

I would like to think that recruiting girls from all over would give them a solid base and not just moving girls up from within the club. I guess they will send out invites to some of the best they have seen within the state. Just wondering if US Soccer has overriding authority to recuit anytime over club players? I would think that they would but not sure. It is US Soccer based.
            I hope they get those best girls in the State and I hope they all have to drive 2-6 hours to practice 4 nights a week. The article said well run club. Ha Ha. The article said quality coaching. Compared to what? I hope FKK gets ECNL because Central Florida needs competition to Orlando City/Orlando Pride. My daughter is playing HS. I hope the top talent gets siphoned off to DA so they can play fewer games and waist a lot of gas as the coach keeps whispering in their ear National Team, National Team.

Comment

I hope they get those best girls in the State and I hope they all have to drive 2-6 hours to practice 4 nights a week. The article said well run club. Ha Ha. The article said quality coaching. Compared to what? I hope FKK gets ECNL because Central Florida needs competition to Orlando City/Orlando Pride. My daughter is playing HS. I hope the top talent gets siphoned off to DA so they can play fewer games and waist a lot of gas as the coach keeps whispering in their ear National Team, National Team.
              A REC club like FKK will never get ECNL.

Comment

I have a question: what if your daughter isn't that interested in chasing the national team but is interested in getting a good div. I scholarship? Is ECNL still the way to go?

Comment

I have a question: what if your daughter isn't that interested in chasing the national team but is interested in getting a good div. I scholarship? Is ECNL still the way to go?
                  DA will be a TOP place for recruitment to D1. Of course, players will be developed and scouted everywhere including ECNL, RPL, Nat'l League. DA is a good avenue for those who do not want to play high school soccer and get the highest level of training.

Comment

Thanks. It will probably be a tough decision actually, although not one that needs to be made now. I wonder if some girls will end up passing on DA because of the high school thing. How important is playing high school to most girls? I honestly don't know one way or the other. My daughter doesn't play because her school's program is awful (i.e. The coach has never played/coached soccer.)

Comment

Thanks. It will probably be a tough decision actually, although not one that needs to be made now. I wonder if some girls will end up passing on DA because of the high school thing. How important is playing high school to most girls? I honestly don't know one way or the other. My daughter doesn't play because her school's program is awful (i.e. The coach has never played/coached soccer.)
                      Coaches will seek the talent they want and ecnl will still offer top quality training and competition. It will become the 2nd tier. Top D1 recruits will primarily come from DA but not all. And there's a big range of D1 and many spots thst need to be filled.

As the for hs soccer it obviously varies by player and school program. Even in some not so good programs many girls still want to play with their friends, play for their school, get all state honors etc. More boys left because they had no options. With ecnl around girls have options

Comment

OK idiot these clubs had to put formal applications in. US soccer not going to offer if they were not interested. That would make them look bad.
                        Actually some of these clubs didn't have to apply. They were told a while ago by US Soccer that they were in. Watch a few drop out in the not to distant future. Remember you saw it here.

Comment

Actually some of these clubs didn't have to apply. They were told a while ago by US Soccer that they were in. Watch a few drop out in the not to distant future. Remember you saw it here.
                          Lol. The DA will consist of the top girls clubs in the country. The other 1500 clubs that applied but wasn't accepted in the first 25 are all calling US Soccer begging to get in.

Comment

Boys DA = fully funded
                            Girls DA = Scholarships

Will scholarships be need based (poor parents) or needs based (the team needs the best forward).

DA has done nothing for men's soccer. Look at all the women playing that came up through ECNL.

ECNL will be the new OC Purple team. Look how the Purple teams are treated in comparison to the ECNL teams now.

Orlando needs another ECNL club. To have options is good.

Find me one person that thinks the OC ECNL training is quality. So now ECNL will become DA and they will go from 3 days of crappy training to 4 days of crappy training.

It will take DA 3+ years to get going or flop. By then my daughter will be in college.

Comment

Lol. The DA will consist of the top girls clubs in the country. The other 1500 clubs that applied but wasn't accepted in the first 25 are all calling US Soccer begging to get in.
                              The top clubs got to be tops because of being granted da or certain leagues. The rich get richer.

Comment

The top clubs got to be tops because of being granted da or certain leagues. The rich get richer.
                                Da has and always will be the best marketing venue for soccer. The same soccer cronies run it that have been around for decades.

Da is a closed league so they do not have to compete with outside clubs. The connections the DA leadership has will lead to better exposure for a player.

Parents want their kids to play DA for the potential to play in college. DA purpose is to create national team players and pros. That is conflict.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X