Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OC should focus on Girls DA. It can be great if top players buy in. OC can be different and be something other clubs cannot. Let Jacksonville and Tampa play in the ECNL.
    This is the problem with Soccer in the U.S. Choosing labels or designations over quality coaching and proven results. Orlando City may grow into a quality youth program in the future and I expect it will given its geographical location and ties to MLS. But right now, their coaching is average at best and made up of a lot of the same old folks that have been here locally and regionally at other clubs and aren't all that impressive. I don't have a dog in the hunt any longer, but I find the blind allegiance comical. If Parents forgot about their own ego and really researched things, they'd find much better options for the development of their kids. I know personally of many kids who play at clubs that you wouldn't even dream of playing at (you'd call them a rec club or say everyone stinks). Well I've seen those kids flown over to Europe to try out at some of the biggest clubs in the world. But hey, I'm done with this and my kids have moved on. Good luck to ya.

Comment

This is the problem with Soccer in the U.S. Choosing labels or designations over quality coaching and proven results. Orlando City may grow into a quality youth program in the future and I expect it will given its geographical location and ties to MLS. But right now, their coaching is average at best and made up of a lot of the same old folks that have been here locally and regionally at other clubs and aren't all that impressive. I don't have a dog in the hunt any longer, but I find the blind allegiance comical. If Parents forgot about their own ego and really researched things, they'd find much better options for the development of their kids. I know personally of many kids who play at clubs that you wouldn't even dream of playing at (you'd call them a rec club or say everyone stinks). Well I've seen those kids flown over to Europe to try out at some of the biggest clubs in the world. But hey, I'm done with this and my kids have moved on. Good luck to ya.
      Good one so we now have to get different coaches from faraway places because you rate the local coaches as average nice copout Jack

Comment

OC should focus on Girls DA. It can be great if top players buy in. OC can be different and be something other clubs cannot. Let Jacksonville and Tampa play in the ECNL.
        OCYS still has crappy coaches and mediocre players.

Comment

From what I understand the DA will not allow girls that play DA to also play ECNL. Basically, a program like PDA can take its best 10 players per age group and designate them to DA and still be able to compete in the ECNL at a reasonably high level. OC can barely keep up in ECNL and losing approx 10 top players from each team will destroy their competitiveness. They are barely keeping up now. DA will sink their ECNL program.

Comment

Is Chargers going to get it? I came to the chargers under the impression that they were going to get the DA. Heck they told me and everyone else that they were in talks of getting it. Does this mean they lied to me and now I'm stuck here for a year?

Comment

Is Chargers going to get it? I came to the chargers under the impression that they were going to get the DA. Heck they told me and everyone else that they were in talks of getting it. Does this mean they lied to me and now I'm stuck here for a year?
              Only the first 25 clubs have been announced. There will be 60-80 announced to play in the inaugural season next fall 2017.

Comment

You really think they are going to start big in the first year? They need to see if this thing works out before they explode to that many teams.

Comment

You really think they are going to start big in the first year? They need to see if this thing works out before they explode to that many teams.
                  Look at these clubs already accepted no chance this fails. The best clubs in the country are already in and more to follow

Beach SC (Calif.)
                  •Boston Breakers (Mass.)
                  •CASL (N.C.)
                  •Cincinnati Development Academy (Kings Hammer/CUP) (Ohio)
                  •Colorado Rush (Colo.)
                  •Concorde Fire (Ga.)
                  •Crossfire (Wash.)
                  •De Anza Force (Calif.)
                  •FC Dallas (Texas)
                  •LAFC Slammers (Calif.)
                  •Lamorinda (Calif.)
                  •Michigan Hawks (Mich.)
                  •Mustang (Calif.)
                  •Tophat NTH (Ga.)
                  •Orlando Pride (Fla.)
                  •Penn Fusion SA (Penn.)
                  •Portland Thorns (Ore.)
                  •Real Colorado (Colo.)
                  •San Diego Surf (Calif.)
                  •Seattle Reign (Wash.)
                  •Sky Blue - PDA (N.J.)
                  •So Cal Blues (Calif.)
                  •Sockers FC (Ill.)
                  •Solar Chelsea SC (Texas)
                  •Washington Spirit Academy (Md.)

Comment

From what I understand the DA will not allow girls that play DA to also play ECNL. Basically, a program like PDA can take its best 10 players per age group and designate them to DA and still be able to compete in the ECNL at a reasonably high level. OC can barely keep up in ECNL and losing approx 10 top players from each team will destroy their competitiveness. They are barely keeping up now. DA will sink their ECNL program.
                    Thats funny ocys only 1 of 5 clubs in ECNL in last two years to put 3 teams into champions league nationals. They are barely keeping up. Crawl back into your hole.

Comment

Thats funny ocys only 1 of 5 clubs in ECNL in last two years to put 3 teams into champions league nationals. They are barely keeping up. Crawl back into your hole.
                      Top 20 for the last 2 years in ECNL overall club rankings.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X