Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lets not absolve Nick D from blame for the dysfunction of the club- he may have done some good but he lied, he promised starting spots to kids and parents sight unseen, he chose players for rosters he had no role on and instead of developing the players he had, he chose to bring in guest and new players to pad his personal coaching resume with little to no regard to kids that had been loyal to him and the club. Snake. That's a major reason many kids and parents have left- he still has his hands on NPL and SuperY rosters and it's toxic to many.
    In no way should Nick be absolved, he does carry some of the blame. However, Tom Powers should be handling things better. Parents did go to Tom to complain but Tom did nothing. Tom should have went with Nick, spoke to him and have a meeting with the parents so they could come to an understanding. But Tom Powers turned a blind eye and didn't address anything. A DOC should take these issues and get them resolved immediately if you want your club survive and have a good rep.

Were there promises made, yes. Were they broken, yes.
    Tom should have been all over that immediately and handled it immediately.
    Nick was running a great team that brought good attention and recognition to FC, no doubt about that. But Nick should have kept his promises to everyone including the ones who were loyal to him.

Nick D is a great coach and yes he does care for the kids.
    Why would he do manage Super Y and NPL for FC if he didn't care or passion for the sport.
    What you should have done Tom and board members instead of messing is give Nick another chance but clearly stating what they expect from him. As in internal player development, not bringing in outside players for help unless truly necessary. Give him back a good team that would develop, not a U7 or whatever team that doesn't exists.
    It will help the club a lot, trust me it will help a lot. Tom and FC Board may not see now but you need to keep in mind that Nick is well known and well respected with other clubs.
    If I was FC, I would use that to help improve the club. Don't be blind and think of yourselfs.

Nick I know you read this from time to time so you need to understand that you are partially to blame. You should have developed both the blue and white team and have shared blue players (who where free or benched) with the white team. You should have prepared the girls for the future to be coached by a different coach and be ready to play without their best friend on the same team. You need to prepare them for that. A lot of them were or are not ready for that and they left the club or just quit. Is that fair for the girls who are staying and who really want to play as well. You kinda damaged both sides indirectly.

No offense but Fazio and the other board member reminds me of Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street. Always knodding their heads and not really saying much or doing much.
    You both and Tom are not clear enough with the parents. For example, someone stated we will have a meeting during the final day of tryouts and it will be a short tryout since it will be to answer questions and example about the teams. No meaning happened and you had a lot of parents waiting for that meeting. You guys need to do a much better job at that. Tom and FC Board you need to make parents understand that their child will need to play at their birth year level not talent level. The reason why all these parents are insisting that their child play up is because they were on a winnng team. Parents forget that its a team that win games, not individuals. Now I am not saying not to allow them to move up but let them earn it by playing in their birth year group for a few months. If they are that good, then sure let them move up.

So now FC is in a bind and from all the ruckus, not sure how Tom and the FC board will handle this.

One more big thing, please make sure you keep a leash on Steve Burgess. He needs to control his temper and attitude with the players. Players will make mistakes and he needs to understand that and not go crazy and yell at them or degrade them. If he does that and you do your part then you should good.

Will anyone from FC really read this and make some positive changes to get things moving in a good direction for the kids. No one will ever know.

Comment

In no way should Nick be absolved, he does carry some of the blame. However, Tom Powers should be handling things better. Parents did go to Tom to complain but Tom did nothing. Tom should have went with Nick, spoke to him and have a meeting with the parents so they could come to an understanding. But Tom Powers turned a blind eye and didn't address anything. A DOC should take these issues and get them resolved immediately if you want your club survive and have a good rep.

Were there promises made, yes. Were they broken, yes.
      Tom should have been all over that immediately and handled it immediately.
      Nick was running a great team that brought good attention and recognition to FC, no doubt about that. But Nick should have kept his promises to everyone including the ones who were loyal to him.

Nick D is a great coach and yes he does care for the kids.
      Why would he do manage Super Y and NPL for FC if he didn't care or passion for the sport.
      What you should have done Tom and board members instead of messing is give Nick another chance but clearly stating what they expect from him. As in internal player development, not bringing in outside players for help unless truly necessary. Give him back a good team that would develop, not a U7 or whatever team that doesn't exists.
      It will help the club a lot, trust me it will help a lot. Tom and FC Board may not see now but you need to keep in mind that Nick is well known and well respected with other clubs.
      If I was FC, I would use that to help improve the club. Don't be blind and think of yourselfs.

Nick I know you read this from time to time so you need to understand that you are partially to blame. You should have developed both the blue and white team and have shared blue players (who where free or benched) with the white team. You should have prepared the girls for the future to be coached by a different coach and be ready to play without their best friend on the same team. You need to prepare them for that. A lot of them were or are not ready for that and they left the club or just quit. Is that fair for the girls who are staying and who really want to play as well. You kinda damaged both sides indirectly.

No offense but Fazio and the other board member reminds me of Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street. Always knodding their heads and not really saying much or doing much.
      You both and Tom are not clear enough with the parents. For example, someone stated we will have a meeting during the final day of tryouts and it will be a short tryout since it will be to answer questions and example about the teams. No meaning happened and you had a lot of parents waiting for that meeting. You guys need to do a much better job at that. Tom and FC Board you need to make parents understand that their child will need to play at their birth year level not talent level. The reason why all these parents are insisting that their child play up is because they were on a winnng team. Parents forget that its a team that win games, not individuals. Now I am not saying not to allow them to move up but let them earn it by playing in their birth year group for a few months. If they are that good, then sure let them move up.

So now FC is in a bind and from all the ruckus, not sure how Tom and the FC board will handle this.

One more big thing, please make sure you keep a leash on Steve Burgess. He needs to control his temper and attitude with the players. Players will make mistakes and he needs to understand that and not go crazy and yell at them or degrade them. If he does that and you do your part then you should good.

Will anyone from FC really read this and make some positive changes to get things moving in a good direction for the kids. No one will ever know.
      Well said. Communication is the key- it was missing last year and so far it's missing again. The Westons, the Gardens, they have no problem listing a roster of Accepted Players on their website so that kids and parents can see who their teammates may be. Not the deciding factor in saying yes or no, but when parents are shelling out $1500 to play, they should have more information.

Comment

Well said. Communication is the key- it was missing last year and so far it's missing again. The Westons, the Gardens, they have no problem listing a roster of Accepted Players on their website so that kids and parents can see who their teammates may be. Not the deciding factor in saying yes or no, but when parents are shelling out $1500 to play, they should have more information.
        Too many secrets going on at FC.

Comment

FC did that for a reason , a lot of kids on the fence as well as some leaving! If they post a list with kids missing or kids that left more will leave, it's damage control! That is the only reason for withholding any type of initial roster/offering.

Comment

Too many secrets going on at FC.
            Well here's another secret that's been leaked: all the whiners in Nick's camp getting there wish, as it appears he is taking his old team, playing under Weston umbrella and training in Gardens........can't say I blame him for that the way he may have been shown the door.

That screws all the others (again). Maybe blowing the whole thing up is a good idea.

Comment

FC Floridas 01 team will be an ECNL 01 team? I don't believe it.

Comment

They can't play ECNL teams outside the state Florida teams they will play against fine

Comment

I don't think FC Florida has gotten invited to join ECNL or applied to be ECNL.

Comment

Well here's another secret that's been leaked: all the whiners in Nick's camp getting there wish, as it appears he is taking his old team, playing under Weston umbrella and training in Gardens........can't say I blame him for that the way he may have been shown the door.

That screws all the others (again). Maybe blowing the whole thing up is a good idea.
                    How do you know this?

Comment

How do you know this?
                      Because it's most likely Nick

Comment

FC did that for a reason , a lot of kids on the fence as well as some leaving! If they post a list with kids missing or kids that left more will leave, it's damage control! That is the only reason for withholding any type of initial roster/offering.
                        Then I guess thats why a lot of parents are on the fence and will miss the deadline.

Tom needs to communicate and work this out ASAP.
                        You need to meeting going or extend the deadline so you can address all these issues.

All Tom, FC and Nick are doing is damaging the club beyond repair.
                        The worth thing is that you all are hurting the girls who really want to play and develop their soccer skills.

All you guys(Tom, FC and Nick) should be ashamed and embarrassed.

All you guys should SHUT-UP, put your differences aside and get things fixed ASAP.

Give Nick the ability to train and coach the girls who want to only be with him.
                        But only the same birth-year age girls on that team.
                        NO PLAYING UP or bringing in other players from other clubs unless truly necessary.
                        So all those moms or dads who think their daughter is the best in the world, need to be quiet and let them play at their birth-year level.

Or if that doesn't work, let him be a trainer or assistant coach to the older girls.

This will settle all the bickering for now until all you guys work things out and I would recommend getting a neutral person to help.

If you all take a step back, you can see the damage Tom, Fazio, other FC members, ego-driven parents, and Nick you have done! if you don't see it, then you are truly truly blind or you don't care.

Lets see who from FC will read this and do something before the deadline happens.

This is your one shot! Don't miss else you want to lose more players.

Comment

Then I guess thats why a lot of parents are on the fence and will miss the deadline.

Tom needs to communicate and work this out ASAP.
                          You need to meeting going or extend the deadline so you can address all these issues.

All Tom, FC and Nick are doing is damaging the club beyond repair.
                          The worth thing is that you all are hurting the girls who really want to play and develop their soccer skills.

All you guys(Tom, FC and Nick) should be ashamed and embarrassed.

All you guys should SHUT-UP, put your differences aside and get things fixed ASAP.

Give Nick the ability to train and coach the girls who want to only be with him.
                          But only the same birth-year age girls on that team.
                          NO PLAYING UP or bringing in other players from other clubs unless truly necessary.
                          So all those moms or dads who think their daughter is the best in the world, need to be quiet and let them play at their birth-year level.

Or if that doesn't work, let him be a trainer or assistant coach to the older girls.

This will settle all the bickering for now until all you guys work things out and I would recommend getting a neutral person to help.

If you all take a step back, you can see the damage Tom, Fazio, other FC members, ego-driven parents, and Nick you have done! if you don't see it, then you are truly truly blind or you don't care.

Lets see who from FC will read this and do something before the deadline happens.

This is your one shot! Don't miss else you want to lose more players.
                          Fc will have the numbers to play the only ones complaining about nick not coaching is Nick's drinking buddy parents when they go on the road. No one cares about about that you were just trying to preach. Kid have to play birth year and can't play up or players from other clubs etc. You are in charge? You know what's best for the teams and players and club? Your just a parent so just be that. Stay in your own lane and worry about what you can control.

Comment

Fc will have the numbers to play the only ones complaining about nick not coaching is Nick's drinking buddy parents when they go on the road. No one cares about about that you were just trying to preach. Kid have to play birth year and can't play up or players from other clubs etc. You are in charge? You know what's best for the teams and players and club? Your just a parent so just be that. Stay in your own lane and worry about what you can control.
                            Thanks Fazio, figured it was you answering.

You have always been threaten with people better and smarter than you and who care about the kids and their development.

Comment

No one cares but you replied back so I must have hit a nerve.

Comment

I guess you don't control much do you. If you would have done what you were suppose to do, FC wouldn't be in this situation. Since you have the information in front of you, why not tell us how many kids have committed to FC. Just numbers, nothing more.

In regards to Nick and his drinking buddys. I don't care about that. I don't care that he goes out and has a couple of drinks with them. They are all grown adults and they can do what they want to do. I care about the club and the kids in the club. I see them paying the price of your arrogance, ignorance and stupidity.

Per the rules, you child can play up by one year if the coach and DOC agrees to that. Granted you need to take other things into consideration as if there is a spot available on the team they wish to play on or will losing that player create issues on their existing team.

So you want to be a big man, lets go at it. I have all day and all night.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X