Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any good games this weekend? I miss the old supercomputer.
    Seems like Texans are making a splash. Maybe they can upset FF?

Kendall vs. BR
    Team Boca vs. TBU Elite
    FESA vs. Force

Those are about it. It's definitely not as fun or entertaining to read about as it usually is.

Comment

Seems like Texans are making a splash. Maybe they can upset FF?

Kendall vs. BR
      Team Boca vs. TBU Elite
      FESA vs. Force

Those are about it. It's definitely not as fun or entertaining to read about as it usually is.
      OCYS vs FF could be interesting depending on how many ECNL players OCYS brings. Team Boca looks a little shaky with a close victory last weekend.

Any proms or senior nights this weekend that might affect rosters?

Comment

Just for the record OCYS has 9 ECNL girls on their purple roster. They have an ECNL game on Sunday so it will be interesting to see how many show up.

Comment

Just for the record OCYS has 9 ECNL girls on their purple roster. They have an ECNL game on Sunday so it will be interesting to see how many show up.
          I hope they didn't have them today. They lost 6-0!

Comment

Still have one day to go but four of the six brackets already have their top two teams finalized. Tell me, how does a wild card work when you have three and four team brackets? Certainly can't do it by point totals. Anybody?

Comment

Still have one day to go but four of the six brackets already have their top two teams finalized. Tell me, how does a wild card work when you have three and four team brackets? Certainly can't do it by point totals. Anybody?
              It's under the FYSA rules for State Cup. They average the points by the games played I believe. If you are worried about a wildcard at this point though, you might want to not get it and save the money!

Comment

Found it in the rules. For wildcard you take the number of points earned divided by number of games played. Well in that case the third place teams in both of the three team brackets have been eliminated already with 0 points. Therefore the third place team in each of the four team brackets will advance.

Comment

Found it in the rules. For wildcard you take the number of points earned divided by number of games played. Well in that case the third place teams in both of the three team brackets have been eliminated already with 0 points. Therefore the third place team in each of the four team brackets will advance.
                  With four games, wouldn't your team have 1 more chance to earn some points?

Comment

With four games, wouldn't your team have 1 more chance to earn some points?
                    What team plays four games? You play either 3 or 2 depending on bracket size. Points are divided by games played to make it even.

Comment

It's under the FYSA rules for State Cup. They average the points by the games played I believe. If you are worried about a wildcard at this point though, you might want to not get it and save the money!
                      As bracket winner I was merely trying to figure out which team we'd be beating up on next.

Comment

As bracket winner I was merely trying to figure out which team we'd be beating up on next.
                        Does it really matter? I think it's obvious the to 3-4 teams, and then the top 8-10 teams. If you aren't in that range, you are done. Save the money.

Round of 16:

TBU
                        OCYS

Clay County
                        Force

Weston
                        Jupiter

FESA
                        IRSA

Team Boca
                        Texans

BR
                        Lakeland

TBU Elite
                        Kendall

FF
                        GPS

Round of 8:

TBU
                        Force

Weston
                        FESA

Team Boca
                        BR

TBU Elite
                        FF

Final Four:

TBU
                        FESA

Team Boca
                        FF

**results may change due to prom/graduation**

Comment

What team plays four games? You play either 3 or 2 depending on bracket size. Points are divided by games played to make it even.
                          But some teams have more games to earn points. 0 points divided by any amount of games is always 0. But three games gives you more of a chance to earn points.

Comment

But some teams have more games to earn points. 0 points divided by any amount of games is always 0. But three games gives you more of a chance to earn points.
                            Correct. But it was easier statistically to finish in the top 2 in a 3 team bracket.

Comment

Correct. But it was easier statistically to finish in the top 2 in a 3 team bracket.
                              Depending on the statistical rankings of the teams in the three team bracket.

Comment

Depending on the statistical rankings of the teams in the three team bracket.
                                Those teams won't earn any points. Look who they play? Team Boca will not lose to TBU West and Florida Coast already played both games.

It's going to be the third place team in Groups A, B, C, and D. It just depends on which wildcard they will get. They will most likely be playing the top 4 seeds though, so it's going to be an uphill battle.

If that previous poster is right, I would love to see OCYS play TBU again. I doubt they had any of those ECNL girls play the last couple games. Imagine if they brought the 9 ECNL girls and tried to upset TBU.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X