Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wow I am so happy you started this thread. I thought I was the only one that had even given this a second thought. Growing up in Southern California my family used to take long road trips during the summer months. My father was a car enthusiast so we always had our choice for around five or six car options to take on our trips. My favorite was a 1951 Ford Custom 79 Country Squire. For those who are not aware these are more commonly referred to as "Woodies". I instantly fell in love with that body style. So when my kids got old enough and we began our road trips I wanted to make sure I would pass my love of woodies on to my kids. So now I drive my family to soccer tournaments in our 1974 Pontiac Grand Safari Woodie. It is so much fun, every tournament we go to people love to take pictures with our Woodie. Heck a lot of times I even have to give some of the moms a ride on my Woodie, let me tell you they love it. Again thank you to the OP for letting me take a nice stroll down memory lane.
    zzzzzzz snore zzzzzz omg.

Comment

Now that soccer tournament season is in full swing I was wondering what would be the best vehicle for soccer road trips. Size vs Full economy? Style vs Practicality?
      A vehicle that you can fit a tent for you guys to use on the sidelines, room for your player to sleep, and room for luggage. Minivan or a crew cab truck fits the bill.

Comment

I suggest a jet pack for each member of the family.

Comment

Can't beat the MILF mobile....Couple hot moms and myself driving to tournaments..

Comment

Wow I am so happy you started this thread. I thought I was the only one that had even given this a second thought. Growing up in Southern California my family used to take long road trips during the summer months. My father was a car enthusiast so we always had our choice for around five or six car options to take on our trips. My favorite was a 1951 Ford Custom 79 Country Squire. For those who are not aware these are more commonly referred to as "Woodies". I instantly fell in love with that body style. So when my kids got old enough and we began our road trips I wanted to make sure I would pass my love of woodies on to my kids. So now I drive my family to soccer tournaments in our 1974 Pontiac Grand Safari Woodie. It is so much fun, every tournament we go to people love to take pictures with our Woodie. Heck a lot of times I even have to give some of the moms a ride on my Woodie, let me tell you they love it. Again thank you to the OP for letting me take a nice stroll down memory lane.
            I always offer to take all my team moms on long rides on my Woodie.

Comment

Originally posted by big daddy kane View Post
              I have been told about your woodie. As a matter a fact, I was told you were letting all the fathers touch your woodie at a couple of the tournaments and you didn't seem to mind and you had a huge grin on your face. A few of them commented how worn out and beat up it looked. one of the fathers told me the tail pipe was all smashed in and had rust on it. You might want to get that checked out. Also, as it was being driven, it kept hanging a left. Was it in the Daytona 500? However, the fathers did get upset when you dropped a load off in front of them and you screamed "Mike Tyson!". Cheers and enjoy!
              Now that's just plain boring and stupid. You got anything else?

Comment

How about this.

I was so disappointed this past weekend at Regions Cup. I spent all day Friday polishing my Woodie hoping it would impress the moms. But not one of them wanted a ride. So I just went back to polishing it some more.

Comment

Now that soccer tournament season is in full swing I was wondering what would be the best vehicle for soccer road trips. Size vs Full economy? Style vs Practicality?
                  Chevy Suburban. Sits 7 comfortably, plenty of room in the back for luggage and gear.

Comment

Nope, that's all I need. I obviously touched a nerve. Good luck trying to get the men and women going for a ride with your woody. We are not here to judge you!

Comment

I prefer the ones with the wheels. They have a much more comfortable ride for whatever reason.

Comment

Conestoga Wagon? Just have to find a spot for the horses to graze when you get there.

Comment

For whatever reason this was a lot funnier the first time it was posted back in 2015. Seems tired now.

Comment

For whatever reason this was a lot funnier the first time it was posted back in 2015. Seems tired now.
                            These trolls are running out of material. What we need is a thread discussing the merits of the birth year system.

Comment

These trolls are running out of material. What we need is a thread discussing the merits of the birth year system.
                              I agree. We are in the boring period for soccer before State Cup starts that is similar to the 2 weeks before Super Bowl where the reporters have dredge up something to talk about.

Comment

I agree. We are in the boring period for soccer before State Cup starts that is similar to the 2 weeks before Super Bowl where the reporters have dredge up something to talk about.
                                Yes but they brought back one of the top troll threads of 2015

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X