Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Vehicle for soccer travel

Now that soccer tournament season is in full swing I was wondering what would be the best vehicle for soccer road trips. Size vs Full economy? Style vs Practicality?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Now that soccer tournament season is in full swing I was wondering what would be the best vehicle for soccer road trips. Size vs Full economy? Style vs Practicality?
    Minivan is the best. Fits everything needed and gets better gas mileage than an SUV.

Comment

Bell 429 Helicopter. Travel time to game is quick and my kid make a statement just showing up!

Comment

Wow I am so happy you started this thread. I thought I was the only one that had even given this a second thought. Growing up in Southern California my family used to take long road trips during the summer months. My father was a car enthusiast so we always had our choice for around five or six car options to take on our trips. My favorite was a 1951 Ford Custom 79 Country Squire. For those who are not aware these are more commonly referred to as "Woodies". I instantly fell in love with that body style. So when my kids got old enough and we began our road trips I wanted to make sure I would pass my love of woodies on to my kids. So now I drive my family to soccer tournaments in our 1974 Pontiac Grand Safari Woodie. It is so much fun, every tournament we go to people love to take pictures with our Woodie. Heck a lot of times I even have to give some of the moms a ride on my Woodie, let me tell you they love it. Again thank you to the OP for letting me take a nice stroll down memory lane.

Comment

NISSAN NMP or Mercedes Sprinter

Comment

An oldie, but a classic nonetheless.

Comment

Family Truckster

Comment

griswald family station wagon

Comment

griswald family station wagon
                  Family Truckster
                  One in the same

Comment

Wow I am so happy you started this thread. I thought I was the only one that had even given this a second thought. Growing up in Southern California my family used to take long road trips during the summer months. My father was a car enthusiast so we always had our choice for around five or six car options to take on our trips. My favorite was a 1951 Ford Custom 79 Country Squire. For those who are not aware these are more commonly referred to as "Woodies". I instantly fell in love with that body style. So when my kids got old enough and we began our road trips I wanted to make sure I would pass my love of woodies on to my kids. So now I drive my family to soccer tournaments in our 1974 Pontiac Grand Safari Woodie. It is so much fun, every tournament we go to people love to take pictures with our Woodie. Heck a lot of times I even have to give some of the moms a ride on my Woodie, let me tell you they love it. Again thank you to the OP for letting me take a nice stroll down memory lane.
                    I have been told about your woodie. As a matter a fact, I was told you were letting all the fathers touch your woodie at a couple of the tournaments and you didn't seem to mind and you had a huge grin on your face. A few of them commented how worn out and beat up it looked. one of the fathers told me the tail pipe was all smashed in and had rust on it. You might want to get that checked out. Also, as it was being driven, it kept hanging a left. Was it in the Daytona 500? However, the fathers did get upset when you dropped a load off in front of them and you screamed "Mike Tyson!". Cheers and enjoy!

Comment

Company van, I throw a couple of wood benches in the back , one size fits all, plus I get to use company card for gas expenses.

Comment

A SMART car.

Comment

A 1979 Winnebago Chieftain. Food, cocktails, a place for the kids to hang between games. And if any of the moms (or dad's what the heck) feel the need to work on getting their kid more playing time, there's a bed!

Then pass it on to your kid so when he pledges a frat in college--instant party mobile!

The perfect soccer tournament vehicle!

Comment

Bell 429 Helicopter. Travel time to game is quick and my kid make a statement just showing up!
                            I like your style. We sail our yacht to tournaments. We refuse to go if they aren't on the coast.

Comment

A old Ecooline with shag pile carpet in the back.Comes in handy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X