Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Smithfield? What leagues to they play in? I don't recall seeing them playing in the mighty Superliga.
    Top teams play in New England Premiership.

Comment

Bruno U16 boys B team just beaten Bayside NPL team in State Cup. Goes to show soccer how in RI is just awful.

Comment

Bruno U16 boys B team just beaten Bayside NPL team in State Cup. Goes to show soccer how in RI is just awful.
        For any kind of or success at the next level, Rhode Islanders must get out of Rhode Island.

Comment

For any kind of or success at the next level, Rhode Islanders must get out of Rhode Island.
          100% in agreement for the top players. For the rest save your time and money because it makes no difference in the 3rd tiers and below. If you think going to a NEFC, GPS, Stars regional teams or Explosions FC are a step up you are fooling yourself. Based on track records some RI clubs have done more to help players move up or playing at the next levels.

Comment

100% in agreement for the top players. For the rest save your time and money because it makes no difference in the 3rd tiers and below. If you think going to a NEFC, GPS, Stars regional teams or Explosions FC are a step up you are fooling yourself. Based on track records some RI clubs have done more to help players move up or playing at the next levels.
            Ok, even if the NEFC Southeast team is closer, better, cheaper, comes with more training, and better coaches, I am not supposed to send my kid there, and send them to Bayside instead because their fields are physically in Rhode Island. Yeah, no thanks.

Comment

Ok, even if the NEFC Southeast team is closer, better, cheaper, comes with more training, and better coaches, I am not supposed to send my kid there, and send them to Bayside instead because their fields are physically in Rhode Island. Yeah, no thanks.
              I doubt it is any better but closer, yes. Unless your daughter is on the DA, ECNL and maybe NPL teams you are still playing on the 4th or 5th tier teams in the Club packing order. Again, if your sons and daughters are good enough by all means go play on the top teams. But please stop saying you have the best training with professional coach. Last I check most of them played at D3 colleges with the exception of SC.

Comment

Of all the town programs I would say Capital has produced the most quality players out of the bunch. With three Revs DA players and many who have moved on to premier clubs, they have a chance of becoming a super club. Too bad they don't have the resources and/or fields to compete. Capital, Smithfield and South County are the only clubs that I can think can compete at the premier level.
                I would tend to agree, but I would add in Ocean State. They have the potential to become a Smithfield or South County level club. Capital, without question has the most talent but poor management and zero infrastructure. As far as the comment on Smithfield and Superliga, I hear that a lot from people, wondering why they never see any Smithfield teams in top divisions of Superliga or at Wide World of indoor sports if they are supposedly so good. The only Smithfield teams you are seeing at Wide World or Superliga are their B, C and D teams. All of their top teams play as RI Strikers and compete indoor at Forekicks in MA and outdoor in the NEP.

Comment

Is it True

Is Don Denham going to be the new DOC at Bruno?

Comment

Is Don Denham going to be the new DOC at Bruno?
                    I hope so . They need some leadership and a respected coach @Bruno

Comment

JT out at Bruno??? Any truth to that rumor?

Comment

Bruno boys delt a major blow by NEP, Bruno out of all top brackets in NPL and only 3 boys teams in 2nd tier. Thanks JT for all your hard work, you really sank this ship but unlike a true captain you were the first one to jump off.

Comment

Bruno boys delt a major blow by NEP, Bruno out of all top brackets in NPL and only 3 boys teams in 2nd tier. Thanks JT for all your hard work, you really sank this ship but unlike a true captain you were the first one to jump off.
                          Why would JT's departure have anything to do with Bruno losing top spots in NEP? If a DOC or coach leaves any organization, the org isn't punished. Maybe the Bruno boys didnt belong in the first place which is why they were dropped.

Comment

Bruno has no NPL team in the U13 & U14 age groups. There U15 and U16 teams struggled in spring17. What justifications would NEP has to keep Bruno in the top tier division. Division selections are earned. Period

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X