Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't think it matters - why couldn't an MLS team have a girls program? I don't think that being tied to a professional team should be mandatory but it is a great plus. In my mind much of the program either does not deliver or else is misguided. I have seen people complaining about the lack of coaching skills and qualifications, the "no high school" rule, and other issues. They need to re-think the program and look at how it is done in other countries - not just Europe and South America but other places as well and try to implement what will work best here. As it stands now it seems to be mostly a money situation - trading on the hopes of kids and parents to make a buck.
    Look at how women’s soccer is done in South America? U are kidding , right?

Comment

the talk.... lol

not happening, Boca AND Weston need to recruit talent , there already is talent in both broward and palm beach, just needs to get the better girls to play DA.. offer free play? reduced fee, something...
      if there is more talent down in SF and PB county where are they playing? why are they not in DA.

is Weston keeping gda? who will coach the teams? hear TT is leaving, so who does that leave?

Comment

The only clubs having DA should be MLS clubs... and 100% free. That's how it is in Europe and South America. Anything else is a dilution of talent. Except for those 20 kids per age group in each of the 30 MLS clubs, everyone else should be playing National League/SRPL/ODP etc...

Those Euro programs are massive in scope, extensive in their youth farm club associations and reach a wide range of players. I have been involved with all those leagues you mentioned and they are not particularly well run and ODP in Florida is extremely flawed and will soon be lose it's relevancy.

Comment

Those Euro programs are massive in scope, extensive in their youth farm club associations and reach a wide range of players. I have been involved with all those leagues you mentioned and they are not particularly well run and ODP in Florida is extremely flawed and will soon be lose it's relevancy.
          There is no answer. there is no point in trying. Just give up.

Comment

if there is more talent down in SF and PB county where are they playing? why are they not in DA.

is Weston keeping gda? who will coach the teams? hear TT is leaving, so who does that leave?
            Where's TT going? Outta of state or local club?

Comment

Where's TT going? Outta of state or local club?
              nothing for sure. someone on here said she had confirmed with weston people she's moving on. didnt say where to. ive heard her mentioned with ah at fc prime before prime was announced.

Comment

nothing for sure. someone on here said she had confirmed with weston people she's moving on. didnt say where to. ive heard her mentioned with ah at fc prime before prime was announced.
                I've heard FC Prime also... along with other Weston coaches.. That could create a player exodus out of both Weston GDA and Sunrise.

Comment

I've heard FC Prime also... along with other Weston coaches.. That could create a player exodus out of both Weston GDA and Sunrise.
                  That’s funny , who’s bankrolling prime for them to offer that much more to the Weston coaches...

At the end of the day it’s all about the money , I can see TT leaving cuz they will prob pay her same or a little more than she’s making now ... but ALL the other coaches leaving? Lol funny

Comment

That’s funny , who’s bankrolling prime for them to offer that much more to the Weston coaches...

At the end of the day it’s all about the money , I can see TT leaving cuz they will prob pay her same or a little more than she’s making now ... but ALL the other coaches leaving? Lol funny
                    Nike is bankrolling ECNL

Comment

Nike is bankrolling ECNL
                      Sure.... because there is so much money in girls youth soccer.

I’m guessing parents will be bankrolling this new team and all the pricey coaches ... they will see how much they can possibly charge and still get players...

Comment

Sometimes people move for more than money. Maybe moving because didn't like the direction of the club or role in it. Maybe it's just a rumor. I haven't heard much about TT leaving since Carlos left, maybe she's staying.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2216366]Sometimes people move for more than money. Maybe moving because didn't like the direction of the club or role in it. Maybe it's just a rumor. I haven't heard much about TT leaving since Carlos left, maybe she's staying.[/QUOTE

FC Prime tryouts are April 29th.... so...she would have to join them soon, IF the rumor is true.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2216385]
                            Sometimes people move for more than money. Maybe moving because didn't like the direction of the club or role in it. Maybe it's just a rumor. I haven't heard much about TT leaving since Carlos left, maybe she's staying.[/QUOTE

FC Prime tryouts are April 29th.... so...she would have to join them soon, IF the rumor is true.

I think in the next month you'll see all the shake ups at clubs come out.

Comment

Sure.... because there is so much money in girls youth soccer.

I’m guessing parents will be bankrolling this new team and all the pricey coaches ... they will see how much they can possibly charge and still get players...

There is a lot of money in uniforms and equipment. How much were your kits this year? How many pairs of cleats have you gone through? How many soccer balls?

Comment

Nike is bankrolling ECNL
                                Is that the same NIKE that just stopped offering girls boots?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X