Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mach 1 FC

Have anyone heard about this new club Mach 1 FC? What is their geographic location and what league are they planning to play in?

From their webpage (http://www.mach1fc.com/) their mailing address is Woonsocket. Nothing on the website about teams.... GotSoccer has some info....

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/c...x?ClubID=26926

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      From their webpage (http://www.mach1fc.com/) their mailing address is Woonsocket. Nothing on the website about teams.... GotSoccer has some info....

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/c...x?ClubID=26926
      Isn't he the general manager for WWIS? Why is he starting his own club? Isn't it counterproductive if you trying to start your own club at the expense of your employer?

Comment

answers...

To Readers:
        Yes, I was an employee of WWIS for 1 year working mostly on the karting project and left three months or so ago. I have been involved with youth soccer in Rhode Island for 10+ years as a parent of six, a coach, a board member, a club treasurer, and president. During my years at BGYSA, I believe we built a terrific program both developmentally and created a true family environment.

Over the past few years, I have watched many players/parents move from town programs for many reasons: They wanted play more, practice more, look for more commitment, get away from politics, and on and on. The only choice was to move to a Premier Club.

We are hoping to bridge that gap and give players and parents a new option. A place for those players whom want to play more and practice more and to get those coveted positions on middle school and high school teams!

Team’s practice/game locations are finalized after teams are formed. The outdoor field time is the purchased in locations as close as possible to the team’s makeup. Indoor time will be at WWIS North and South. League decisions are determined by joint effort between the Coaching Director, the team’s Head Coach and the team’s Parents with priority being the highest level of competition with the least amount of travel.

PS: Never knew this site existed…saw visits to our site from this one. Great forum…

Comment

To Readers:
          Yes, I was an employee of WWIS for 1 year working mostly on the karting project and left three months or so ago. I have been involved with youth soccer in Rhode Island for 10+ years as a parent of six, a coach, a board member, a club treasurer, and president. During my years at BGYSA, I believe we built a terrific program both developmentally and created a true family environment.

Over the past few years, I have watched many players/parents move from town programs for many reasons: They wanted play more, practice more, look for more commitment, get away from politics, and on and on. The only choice was to move to a Premier Club.

We are hoping to bridge that gap and give players and parents a new option. A place for those players whom want to play more and practice more and to get those coveted positions on middle school and high school teams!

Team’s practice/game locations are finalized after teams are formed. The outdoor field time is the purchased in locations as close as possible to the team’s makeup. Indoor time will be at WWIS North and South. League decisions are determined by joint effort between the Coaching Director, the team’s Head Coach and the team’s Parents with priority being the highest level of competition with the least amount of travel.

PS: Never knew this site existed…saw visits to our site from this one. Great forum…
          Roster of coaches would help.

Comment

New to this site? 😂

If you never heard of this site, as you say, then you haven't been truly involved in soccer at a high level. If WWIS gave you access to their database of registered players then I have a huge problem with WWIS and prob won't register any players there any longer. The last thing RI needs is another former volunteer trying to make a living of youth sports.

Comment

answers...

Thank you for the reply...

I have been successful by staying out of the politics of soccer and will continue to do so and since reviewing this site there is a lot of that here for sure.

I completely agree with your feelings about sharing data from my previous job and no such connection exists. I have been successful in 20+ years of owning IT businesses due to the ethics in my business practices especially since most is working within public safety.

MACH 1 is not looking to compete with high level organizations and the player/parents/families that are looking for that level. If you are an operator of that level please feel free to contact me. We want to have those pipelines to those organizations. We like to educate players/parents and make introductions for those families who want more than a MACH 1 type model.

MACH 1 FC is not a way for me to make a living. As the vast number of the players/parents that have played for me over the past years could attest, money has never been a factor. My family has even paid for many kids to play the game who could not afford to play.

I am however uncomfortable with numbers of players in RI trending downward especially at the younger ages and I would be very happy to listen to other ideas on how we keep our youth playing this beautiful game.

I do appreciate your time and reply...rob@mach1fc.com if there is any way we can work together to that end.

Comment

Thank you for the reply...

I have been successful by staying out of the politics of soccer and will continue to do so and since reviewing this site there is a lot of that here for sure.

I completely agree with your feelings about sharing data from my previous job and no such connection exists. I have been successful in 20+ years of owning IT businesses due to the ethics in my business practices especially since most is working within public safety.

MACH 1 is not looking to compete with high level organizations and the player/parents/families that are looking for that level. If you are an operator of that level please feel free to contact me. We want to have those pipelines to those organizations. We like to educate players/parents and make introductions for those families who want more than a MACH 1 type model.

MACH 1 FC is not a way for me to make a living. As the vast number of the players/parents that have played for me over the past years could attest, money has never been a factor. My family has even paid for many kids to play the game who could not afford to play.

I am however uncomfortable with numbers of players in RI trending downward especially at the younger ages and I would be very happy to listen to other ideas on how we keep our youth playing this beautiful game.

I do appreciate your time and reply...rob@mach1fc.com if there is any way we can work together to that end.
                Not to be political, I've asked about the coaches roster because that is an attractive selling point for many parents like myself. We don't want parent coach who do not understand this beautiful game. Or they are in it just for their kids. Having said that I also know some parent coaches are excellent coaches who enjoy developing players other than their own kid. Your DOC is a good start but the full list would help.

I do agreed bad town management is the biggest reason why kids who are not ready for premier leave town programs. Having played the game I am will aware of the skill level of my kid and will do what necessary to support his love of this game. Mach 1 might be a good fit but coaches are an important ingredient. Thank you for your passion and honesty.

Comment

answers...

Sorry missed the coaches question...this is where we stand.

1. If you have reviewed the site we are serious about ensuring the program is about developing the player on and off the field. Understanding winning is not everything and developing the player character as well as soccer skills is the foundation of the club. Finding coaches that buy into that philosophy and practice it are important to us and we are not rushing to complete it. However being able to go out and watch coaches interested in joining MACH 1 this spring has made it a little easier. There is no rush for us to create teams for the sake of creating teams and want to ensure we have the right coaching staff.

2. There will not be a MACH 1 team with a parent coach or manager. Easiest way to stay out of the politics. Also one head coach - one team to ensure that is his/her only focus. Side note: We also would like to see more female coaches and we are dedicated to helping to develop more female coaches in the sport.

3. All this said, we will be introducing the current coaching staff during spring tryouts due to many of them having current assignments and as much as possible we do not want to hinder their spring seasons. I know this is not the answer your probably wanted but we feel it is the right thing to do especially since we run a no pressure tryout.

This is a no pressure club; if your player is asked to join the club there is no time limitation to make a decision. We are very OK with players trying out at other clubs and doing what the family believes is best for their player. We also are very upfront and honest and will advise you immediately of the current status of the team make-up. For example, if we feel your player is a level or two higher than the our teams makeup we will let you know that and if requested we will help you find another team that betters suits their abilities. We believe educating the player and the parent is the best thing for the sport!

Thank you for checking in and hope to meet you if you decide to bring your player by...

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                    if you never heard of this site, as you say, then you haven't been truly involved in soccer at a high level. ...
                    roflmao

Comment

roflmao
                      Like he said, maybe he is staying out of the politics. From what I see and have read his philosophy and approach seems to slightly different to other clubs. The only way to find out is to see how his program does after the first year rather than criticizing it already....True soccer fans should support it rather than hate on it.sounds like he is committed to developing the younger kids vs the older kids

Comment

Like he said, maybe he is staying out of the politics. From what I see and have read his philosophy and approach seems to slightly different to other clubs. The only way to find out is to see how his program does after the first year rather than criticizing it already....True soccer fans should support it rather than hate on it.sounds like he is committed to developing the younger kids vs the older kids
                        Any info on tryout numbers?

Comment

Low ..they were all at GPS north

Comment

Tryout Numbes

Nothing to hide just ask...we are hoping we can make a difference and begins with communicating! We had a bit over 130 attendees at tryouts between NK and NS and have commitments for 11 teams. As a new club with many new ideas within youth soccer we have had a better response than we had ever expected. We had to build it first to see if anyone would buy in and we completely agree with the previous poster...time will tell but with an open dialog with our customers (the parents) we are excited to put the "club" back into Fútbol Club! rob@mach1fc.com

Comment

Nothing to hide just ask...we are hoping we can make a difference and begins with communicating! We had a bit over 130 attendees at tryouts between NK and NS and have commitments for 11 teams. As a new club with many new ideas within youth soccer we have had a better response than we had ever expected. We had to build it first to see if anyone would buy in and we completely agree with the previous poster...time will tell but with an open dialog with our customers (the parents) we are excited to put the "club" back into Fútbol Club! rob@mach1fc.com
                              Good luck ! It is a jungle out there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X