Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They never had boys DA status. It's just everyone has Academy in the clubs names now.
    That's what you took out of the article. No one ever claimed that they had DA status

Comment

Ugh. Who wants to go to Buffalo!

Comment

Ugh. Who wants to go to Buffalo!
        We used to. It was a 8 hour drive! Don't miss that at all.

Comment

We used to. It was a 8 hour drive! Don't miss that at all.
          I understand USSF wanting to make DA as broad based geographically as possible (more competition+more clubs = greater market share. But some clubs and even regions are very questionable in terms of quality and/or geography.

Comment

I understand USSF wanting to make DA as broad based geographically as possible (more competition+more clubs = greater market share. But some clubs and even regions are very questionable in terms of quality and/or geography.
            Okay this thread is about boys ECNL. Not sure your post makes any sense in that context

Comment

Okay this thread is about boys ECNL. Not sure your post makes any sense in that context
              In the context that boys ECNL will be trying to do exactly the same thing as DA....just as GDA is copying an already existing girls ECNL structure...which is based on the original boys DA structure. Too many leagues with talent and clubs spread too thinly. Kids win with more choices, soccer loses

Comment

I look at clubs like Baltimore and Penn that are still very good but their teams are a little weaker overall this spring and I think it has to do with Boys ECNL. Who wants that travel? Their division stretches into New England and I think players have decided to move on to other clubs in their areas because of this.

Also for so many parents their budgets just can't accommodate the added costs. To me the only way they can be successful is to have clubs built around metro areas but club soccer is already getting these kids into D2/3 programs. I just see ECNL as a solution looking for a problem that doesn't exist. DA is just too well established for the better player and club soccer in leagues like EDP are carrying out their mission just fine.

Comment

I look at clubs like Baltimore and Penn that are still very good but their teams are a little weaker overall this spring and I think it has to do with Boys ECNL. Who wants that travel? Their division stretches into New England and I think players have decided to move on to other clubs in their areas because of this.

Also for so many parents their budgets just can't accommodate the added costs. To me the only way they can be successful is to have clubs built around metro areas but club soccer is already getting these kids into D2/3 programs. I just see ECNL as a solution looking for a problem that doesn't exist. DA is just too well established for the better player and club soccer in leagues like EDP are carrying out their mission just fine.
                  How could they be weaker because of boys ECNL when that league has NOT started. If they are weaker this year it's because some other reason

Boys ECNL was added to diversify ECNL and take a shot at USSF.

Comment

How could they be weaker because of boys ECNL when that league has NOT started. If they are weaker this year it's because some other reason

Boys ECNL was added to diversify ECNL and take a shot at USSF.
                    And Ussf is taking a shot at Ecnl with gda. It's a turf battle

Comment

And Ussf is taking a shot at Ecnl with gda. It's a turf battle
                      Duhhh ... that's what started it

Comment

Dude, seriously. Take your stupid pills. Boys ECNL is a year away.

Comment

Dude, seriously. Take your stupid pills. Boys ECNL is a year away.
                          Think he/she meant kids are not willing to commit to it when it starts up. I have heard this from several coaches. The clubs basically expect to push up their club A teams into this so what does that accomplish? Same exact players and competition for much more travel and $$$. It's not like there is a hidden group of players to fill those spots or enough kids leave USSDA to play in this.

They assumed parents would jump at the chance, turns out EDP works just fine.

Comment

Think he/she meant kids are not willing to commit to it when it starts up. I have heard this from several coaches. The clubs basically expect to push up their club A teams into this so what does that accomplish? Same exact players and competition for much more travel and $$$. It's not like there is a hidden group of players to fill those spots or enough kids leave USSDA to play in this.

No the poster said the teams were weaker this Spring. The point being that they have already jumped ship which is ridiculous

Comment

So the league was announced earlier this year but players were expected to jump ship before the league even started - leave teams they were committed to play on this spring (and probably mostly paid for already)? Ah....no. Clubs are having tryouts now for next year. Yes many clubs are just putting their A teams into the league. Older teams are pretty well established and probably won't change rosters much. I do think some DA layers from non MLS clubs may drop down to this league and in the long run the younger players will have to decide to take this path or DA. Like with GDA it will take some time to build it up. Like girls ECNL it will be a decent not great #2 league

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X