Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nh odp

My son is interested in the ODP program. Does anyone have any thoughts on this program? Is it worth it? How is the coaching. Any info would be great. TIA

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My son is interested in the ODP program. Does anyone have any thoughts on this program? Is it worth it? How is the coaching. Any info would be great. TIA
    My daughter is interested in trying out also. I would appreciate any information from those who have participated. My main concern is missing too much ODP since she plays ECNL and we really can't miss that!

Comment

My daughter is interested in trying out also. I would appreciate any information from those who have participated. My main concern is missing too much ODP since she plays ECNL and we really can't miss that!
      Stop the silliness. If you kid plays ecnl you know the answer.

Comment

Age and ability are factors in your question. If your kid is around average, then yes ODP is worth it. If you kid is a good player, no it is not worth it. I can say with confidence that almost no good players participate in NH ODP

Comment

Oh. Ok he is a good player. Solves that we didn't want to put money into something that he wouldn't get anything out of. Thanks

Comment

Seems to me like ECNL and ODP would be redundant. With the rise of the super clubs and supposed more exposure to higher level training and competition, ODP only seems meaningful to World Cup Town Travel players.

Comment

Oh. Ok he is a good player. Solves that we didn't want to put money into something that he wouldn't get anything out of. Thanks
              On the other ODP maybe a great way to understand the landscape. You meet folks from all clubs there

Comment

Seems to me like ECNL and ODP would be redundant. With the rise of the super clubs and supposed more exposure to higher level training and competition, ODP only seems meaningful to World Cup Town Travel players.
                Stop the silliness. If you kid plays ecnl you know the answer

It's one of my daughters goals to make the Region 1 ODP team but I'll tell her not to bother since you all think it's worthless.

Comment

Stop the silliness. If you kid plays ecnl you know the answer

It's one of my daughters goals to make the Region 1 ODP team but I'll tell her not to bother since you all think it's worthless.
                  You asked the question, sorry you do not like the answers.

Comment

Tryouts seemed OK. Not a super high level of play, but saw some decent players..

Comment

I heard GPS tells their players not to bother with ODP. I'm sure Seacoast does the same. That would leave NWC and town players as the majority. Should be a fun regional camp for NH teams.

Comment

Odp

I dont think either club tells their players not to attend ODP. I know that the one year my daughter did ODP, the issue was that while there was no conflict during winter training as the sessions were held on weekend mornings. It became an issue once spring rolled around as there were practice conflicts and the ODP Region 1 tournament always conflicted with NEP Final Four weekends (which both Seacoast and GPS are a part of) and this past year it conflicted with NEP State Cup matches. I think for most it becomes a cost issue, even more so when you consider that the talent pool in each of the two clubs in question is stronger than the ODP talent pool in most age groups.

NH is at a competitive disadvantage based on size alone, but the people that run NH ODP need to wake up and figure out how the rest of Region 1 is pulling from a talent pool stocked with the best players from all of their clubs in the state. Massachusetts is a prime example where every top club plays in NEP, yet they find a way to get those kids onto their state ODP team.

Comment

I dont think either club tells their players not to attend ODP. I know that the one year my daughter did ODP, the issue was that while there was no conflict during winter training as the sessions were held on weekend mornings. It became an issue once spring rolled around as there were practice conflicts and the ODP Region 1 tournament always conflicted with NEP Final Four weekends (which both Seacoast and GPS are a part of) and this past year it conflicted with NEP State Cup matches. I think for most it becomes a cost issue, even more so when you consider that the talent pool in each of the two clubs in question is stronger than the ODP talent pool in most age groups.

NH is at a competitive disadvantage based on size alone, but the people that run NH ODP need to wake up and figure out how the rest of Region 1 is pulling from a talent pool stocked with the best players from all of their clubs in the state. Massachusetts is a prime example where every top club plays in NEP, yet they find a way to get those kids onto their state ODP team.
                          This is spot on, GPS and Seacoast have their players in competitive leagues and going to very competitive events. Couple that with the amount of activities their elite teams are involved and the $$ being spent is playing is it worth it???

If you saw the try-outs its evident at least on the girls side, the players on GPS an Seacoast teams don't bother attending as the level of the NH is not the same as what they are getting from their Club experience.

Comment

Not so sure about that last statement. If you believe most of the TS posts on the MA thread regarding ODP, it sound like the majority of the top players don't bother with it, but that it's a great opportunity for B team players to get some good training and exposure.

Comment

Not so sure about that last statement. If you believe most of the TS posts on the MA thread regarding ODP, it sound like the majority of the top players don't bother with it, but that it's a great opportunity for B team players to get some good training and exposure.
                              Plus, Massachusetts ODP will be hit hard this year at the 2004 level with the addition of the U12 DAP. With four U12 DAP clubs in MA, each having 22-24 top players who aren't allowed to participate in ODP, there probably won't be a lot of top level players left trying out for ODP. Here in NH, it's not quite as bad, with only one U12 DAP club in the state.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X