NEFC to now have NEFC RI SOUTH

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEFC SE B U9 team lost 5 straight games so far in the NEPL, under SC.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      NEFC SE B U9 team lost 5 straight games so far in the NEPL, under SC.
      What the hell is NEPL?? Its either NEP or NPL bud. And no scores are kept, and not one person cares about scores of 8 year old games. Whether you are telling the truth or not, the fact that you citing the record of a team of 8 year olds is about a pathetic as they come. Who is the loser here really? Get a freaking life.

Comment

What the hell is NEPL?? Its either NEP or NPL bud. And no scores are kept, and not one person cares about scores of 8 year old games. Whether you are telling the truth or not, the fact that you citing the record of a team of 8 year olds is about a pathetic as they come. Who is the loser here really? Get a freaking life.
        SC promised a lot and I paid hell of a lot of money for this crappy so call development.

Comment

Mr./Mrs.Potty Mouth, you know I am telling the truth. NEFC BU9 Elite team lost 5 out of 6 games so far, a couple of them by 7 or 8 goals. I am one of the parents, and have been to every single match. SC has not addressed the parents once. This group, that has some very talented kids, is playing unstructured, chaotic soccer. Parents are visibly perturbed at what is happening. Are these boys worse than their opponents, or just poorly managed? You seem to be privy to what is going on, so please tell us.

Comment

SC should assign the younger teams to someone like MY. He is more patient with the kids. I understand this suppose to be a development league but development can only happen if you have structure and technical training. Not being biased but if you true development at a younger age you need to have a coach that passionate but development. SC is not the right person due to his commitment on the club operations responsibilities and his lack of interest in the younger age groups. He is a decent coach at the older age groups. My advice is if MY or his brother do not coach this age group you need to look elsewhere.

Comment

SC should assign the younger teams to someone like MY. He is more patient with the kids. I understand this suppose to be a development league but development can only happen if you have structure and technical training. Not being biased but if you true development at a younger age you need to have a coach that passionate but development. SC is not the right person due to his commitment on the club operations responsibilities and his lack of interest in the younger age groups. He is a decent coach at the older age groups. My advice is if MY or his brother do not coach this age group you need to look elsewhere.
              I couldn't have said it better. He is a very technical coach at the older ages, but I wouldn't have him coaching ulittles. He is also not a very good regional administator, as his regions always lose money and his abrasive personality puts people off. 5 coaches have now resigned from NEFC MS instead of working for SC. They should have left AM alone and let him continue to grow the region, but NEFC management didn't value AM or the MS region... now watch the collapse, and NEFC SE will still bleed money.

Comment

I couldn't have said it better. He is a very technical coach at the older ages, but I wouldn't have him coaching ulittles. He is also not a very good regional administator, as his regions always lose money and his abrasive personality puts people off. 5 coaches have now resigned from NEFC MS instead of working for SC. They should have left AM alone and let him continue to grow the region, but NEFC management didn't value AM or the MS region... now watch the collapse, and NEFC SE will still bleed money.
                SC is simply a yes man who just wants to do whatever will keep his cushy job safe. Following along the NEFC program of Academy first and all other levels are useless, except for the fact the Academy doesn't survive without the rest of the development levels. PM was not a yes man and did things for the betterment of the players. They didn't like that. They want NB's, JB's and SC's. No personality, no values, no commitment to players.

Comment

SC is simply a yes man who just wants to do whatever will keep his cushy job safe. Following along the NEFC program of Academy first and all other levels are useless, except for the fact the Academy doesn't survive without the rest of the development levels. PM was not a yes man and did things for the betterment of the players. They didn't like that. They want NB's, JB's and SC's. No personality, no values, no commitment to players.
                  You obviously never dealt with PM full of himself pompous only does things that benefit him and him only.... I hear he is on his 12th club now....snake big one

Comment

You obviously never dealt with PM full of himself pompous only does things that benefit him and him only.... I hear he is on his 12th club now....snake big one
                    PM was absolutely a PITA to deal with as a parent, but you need to understand his priorities: kids first, club second, parents last. If you watched him coach, he was silent on the sidelines, especially with the younger teams. He wanted them to learn by doing and making mistakes and was willing to lose games and piss off parents to allow the kids to develop. He also valued technical, creative players and pushed them individually at the expense of the team. He trained skill and creativity, not robotic soccer.

For the club, he believed in quantity over quality and that you would eventually get the quality to the top. This made for some painful B/C teams, but helped the club's bottom line and gave everyone a chance to play and develop.

Comment

What sucks the most is that SC stocked the U9 team with 15 boys. All their opponents had maybe 3 subs at most, while the NEFC team had 7 or 8 for every single game. Result - very poor team work, and a terrible losing season. SC essentially took from these kids their potential to learn for a whole year, since none of them had a chance to play even a full half of a soccer match for the entire season. Constant subbing of 5-6 players at a time, in every single match,because the parents don't want to see their boys sitting on the bench. Outcome - almost all games were lost. SC didn't attend about half of their matches, since he was coaching other teams at the same time. NEFC SE really should've fielded 2 full BU9 teams, not one. Of course the club made a lot of money...
                      Some parents are looking at other options now that they know how things are.

Comment

Cashing checks and laughing all the way to the bank.

Buyer beware of soccer coaches who do nothing but coach club soccer. You represent $$$ and nothing more. You represent moratge payments, vacations, hotel stay and dinners. When it's a lively hood situation only thing that matters are numbers and cashed checks.

Comment

Buyer beware of soccer coaches who do nothing but coach club soccer. You represent $$$ and nothing more. You represent moratge payments, vacations, hotel stay and dinners. When it's a lively hood situation only thing that matters are numbers and cashed checks.
                          Please. And this is different from everything else you buy or service you pay for. In fact, I would say that on a whole, youth coaches are MORE likely to be involved in their profession due to their passion for their game than say, the guy who comes to fix your gas tank. Its not like most of these coaches are getting paid a king's ransom to retire on.

Comment

Implosion in 3-2-1........

Comment

Kind of strikes me of the going to a local IT shop vs. using "my buddy, who knows a lot about computers, said..."

Want professional services, hire a professional. Want amateur services, hire an amateur.

Comment

Kind of strikes me of the going to a local IT shop vs. using "my buddy, who knows a lot about computers, said..."

Want professional services, hire a professional. Want amateur services, hire an amateur.
                                Been dealing with these "professional" Coaches for years and the last word that comes to mind when thinking of those dealings is Professional.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X