Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Now 2017, one year later after this thread started, south county RI NEFC beating GPS teams and other NEP teams. Now where is the talent..?
    Yea, but when has beating EG and GPS ever been a feather in the cap.

Comment

What is going on with NEFC Southeast on the girls side. Are they having buyers remorse about bringing in SC to run the region? Used to have some decent teams including last years U15's and the U14's who won back to back state cups. Now they can barely scrape up a win between all age groups at their Premiere South teams. Played them recently and no where near the talent they had. What the hell happened?

Comment

What is going on with NEFC Southeast on the girls side. Are they having buyers remorse about bringing in SC to run the region? Used to have some decent teams including last years U15's and the U14's who won back to back state cups. Now they can barely scrape up a win between all age groups at their Premiere South teams. Played them recently and no where near the talent they had. What the hell happened?
        NEFC has a pyramid development structure. If you are a better player you move up to better team with better development opportunities. In Bayside case, you have to get out of the club in order to seek better opportunities. Some of the girls on those team have moved on within the Club.

Comment

A lot of the better players on those NEFC South teams have moved up to NEFC ECNL or NPL teams. Other girls have left NEFC because they were recruited by a prep school at the NEFC prep showcase and are playing ECNL with another club. That's all a testament to SC and NEFC.

Comment

A lot of the better players on those NEFC South teams have moved up to NEFC ECNL or NPL teams. Other girls have left NEFC because they were recruited by a prep school at the NEFC prep showcase and are playing ECNL with another club. That's all a testament to SC and NEFC.
            Yes, NEFC. NO to SC. NEFC has a great system of evaluating and promoting players.

Comment

Most of the top talent in the Southeast region has moved up to NPL/ECNL teams therefore weakening the regional teams. This happens to all other regions not just the Southeast. It is the structure of the club at work. And the Southeast has developed a lot of top talent in the club, so it is to be expected that they're older teams will get thinned out a bit as that talent gets moved up. Take a look at their younger teams, they are pretty strong. Good testament to the development happening in the region.

Comment

Testament to SC? What did he do for those girls who moved up? Seriously?

Comment

Testament to SC? What did he do for those girls who moved up? Seriously?
                  Well considering he coached 4 girls on the top (NPL) U13 NEFC team and 3 girls on the top (ECNL) U14 NEFC team and 1 on the second (NPL) GU14 NEFC team... and some for several years, makes me think he did a pretty good job developing them. Pretty impressive numbers if you ask me. There are probably some good numbers on the boys side too. We get that you do not like SC, but those of us who have seen him do great things developing our kids, beg to differ.

Comment

Well considering he coached 4 girls on the top (NPL) U13 NEFC team and 3 girls on the top (ECNL) U14 NEFC team and 1 on the second (NPL) GU14 NEFC team... and some for several years, makes me think he did a pretty good job developing them. Pretty impressive numbers if you ask me. There are probably some good numbers on the boys side too. We get that you do not like SC, but those of us who have seen him do great things developing our kids, beg to differ.
                    Sorry but some of those girls you mentioned were ID'd and developed by PM before he was canned. SC only had one year with some of those players and they were already good players when he paoched them from PM during the merger. Some of the players he "developed" were just very good athletes with decent soccer skills... but they got the nod to move up to NPL over other kids who were much more skilled. You want to know how good SC is at developing kids? His entire U10 team wanted to leave Southeast en mass and play for Metro South... but keep thinking he is a great coach. The best coach in southeast is JM, hands down.

Comment

Sorry but some of those girls you mentioned were ID'd and developed by PM before he was canned. SC only had one year with some of those players and they were already good players when he paoched them from PM during the merger. Some of the players he "developed" were just very good athletes with decent soccer skills... but they got the nod to move up to NPL over other kids who were much more skilled. You want to know how good SC is at developing kids? His entire U10 team wanted to leave Southeast en mass and play for Metro South... but keep thinking he is a great coach. The best coach in southeast is JM, hands down.
                      This is what a bitter person looks like. My guess is that their daughter was looked-over for one of the top teams, and blames SC for this for some reason.

Now how about some real numbers and facts. Of the 8 girls playing on the top NEFC 2003 & 2004 teams, 6 came from Blackwatch BEFORE the merger, and coached by SC for multiple years. There were only 3 that were "poached" as you call it from the PM team after merger, and 2 of them were brought into the top team. All of the girls who made the NPL/ECNL teams are great players and are more than deserving to be there, and its a testament to both SC and PM (who developed many of the older talent on the top teams). Both are good coaches (as is JM, MY and DY), but your blind hatred for SC is very telling and filled with angry bias. I'm sorry your D did not make it out of the region.

Comment

This is what a bitter person looks like. My guess is that their daughter was looked-over for one of the top teams, and blames SC for this for some reason.

Now how about some real numbers and facts. Of the 8 girls playing on the top NEFC 2003 & 2004 teams, 6 came from Blackwatch BEFORE the merger, and coached by SC for multiple years. There were only 3 that were "poached" as you call it from the PM team after merger, and 2 of them were brought into the top team. All of the girls who made the NPL/ECNL teams are great players and are more than deserving to be there, and its a testament to both SC and PM (who developed many of the older talent on the top teams). Both are good coaches (as is JM, MY and DY), but your blind hatred for SC is very telling and filled with angry bias. I'm sorry your D did not make it out of the region.
                        Said SC.

Comment

Said SC.
                          Predictable response from someone who cannot refute the facts presented. I am not SC, just a parent who sees things a lot differently than you. Time to move on, you look ridiculous at this point.

Comment

Predictable response from someone who cannot refute the facts presented. I am not SC, just a parent who sees things a lot differently than you. Time to move on, you look ridiculous at this point.
                            Funny I look ridiculous, I know that all these posts were from different people because I didnt make them. So I guess I am not alone.

Isn't he the guy who ran Barrington soccer into the ground, then took the Blackwatch name from a relative in NY, whose club actually was well run, and ran RI's Blackwatch into the ground only to land a nice cushy job with NEFC where he is now running Southeast into the ground? Such a great coach but has left ashes everywhere he has been.

Just a parent who doesn't enjoy being up SC's ass like some.

Comment

Funny I look ridiculous, I know that all these posts were from different people because I didnt make them. So I guess I am not alone.

Isn't he the guy who ran Barrington soccer into the ground, then took the Blackwatch name from a relative in NY, whose club actually was well run, and ran RI's Blackwatch into the ground only to land a nice cushy job with NEFC where he is now running Southeast into the ground? Such a great coach but has left ashes everywhere he has been.

Just a parent who doesn't enjoy being up SC's ass like some.
                              ⬆️ Angry and bitter

You should really seek counseling to alleviate all this anger over your daughter's soccer.

Comment

⬆️ Angry and bitter

You should really seek counseling to alleviate all this anger over your daughter's soccer.
                                This is either one of SC's favored parents or someone who works in the region given their blind support for him and the inside knowledge. Since you know so much, why didn't you refute the claim about a whole ulittle team revolting and trying to change regions because they couldn't stand SC? Not the first time players have left the region specifically because of him.

Why not ask SC how much in the red Blackwatch was when it was acquired? Or how much in the red Southeast is now. He may be a decent coach at the older ages, but he is terrible with the ulittles... bad attitude and no personality. He doesn't know how to manage a club, just coach soccer, as proven by his constant mismanagement of clubs and regions. He plays favorites and is perfectly willing to bench your player if you're not one of his favored. How's that fkr development?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X