Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Keep breeding small little kids. The money will flow.
    Your point is correct, but not applicable to soccer. With the exception of Jose Altuve, every major star in American sports today (NFL, MLB, NBA) has game changing size and speed. But tell me is Aaron Judge a better baseball player than Rod Carew? To me, not even close, its Carew, but in today's america we just want the Aaron Judges. Soccer does not work like these other sports. I'd be shocked if 1 member of the mexican national team could dunk a basketball or play much WR and yet if today you could swap our team for theirs you would take mexico in a heartbeat.

Comment

WHAT YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND IS THE BEST ATHLETIC DO NOT PLAY SOCCER IN aMERICA END OF STORY
      And what I am trying to get through to you is that you do not need the best athletes to have a successful national team.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
        and what i am trying to get through to you is that you do not need the best athletes to have a successful national team.
        ok how is that working out for usa

Comment

ok how is that working out for usa
          it is working out just fine for the rest of the world.

Comment

it is working out just fine for the rest of the world.
            the rest of the world only plays soccer

Comment

the rest of the world only plays soccer
              This is not true - who won the last FIBA world cup? The same nation that won the soccer world cup in 2010.

But even modifying your statement, in soccer dominant countries, the stars are not the best athletes. I am not saying soccer players do not require a super high level of athleticism. I am saying you do not need to see Usain Bolt (presumably the best Jamaican athlete, no?) play soccer to succeed as a national team. Raheem Sterling at 5'7" is the type of athlete you need.

Comment

this is not true - who won the last fiba world cup? The same nation that won the soccer world cup in 2010.

But even modifying your statement, in soccer dominant countries, the stars are not the best athletes. I am not saying soccer players do not require a super high level of athleticism. I am saying you do not need to see usain bolt (presumably the best jamaican athlete, no?) play soccer to succeed as a national team. Raheem sterling at 5'7" is the type of athlete you need.
                i never said that speed and size makes the best athletes ! I think you are confusing yourself

Comment

this is not true - who won the last fiba world cup? The same nation that won the soccer world cup in 2010.

But even modifying your statement, in soccer dominant countries, the stars are not the best athletes. I am not saying soccer players do not require a super high level of athleticism. I am saying you do not need to see usain bolt (presumably the best jamaican athlete, no?) play soccer to succeed as a national team. Raheem sterling at 5'7" is the type of athlete you need.
                  usa does not send best basketballl players to the fiba moron

Comment

i never said that speed and size makes the best athletes ! I think you are confusing yourself
                    You absolutely did when you bemoan the fact that NBA quality athletes or NFL WRs/RBs are not soccer players. I don't see any Raheem Sterling type athletes in the NFL or NBA, do you?Do you have any idea what one hit from a linebacker would do to Raheem Sterling? He would be split in two! He weighs maybe 145 lbs with his shirt wet.

The athletic qualities that are necessary for soccer are present in our player pool. We do not need the track stars or NFL stars to switch sports. The problem is training and player ID, not athleticism.

Comment

usa does not send best basketballl players to the fiba moron
                      Moron, when you say that other countries ONLY play soccer, I refuted that statement. I fully understand who was sent to the 2019 FIBa championships from the U.S.

Comment

This is not true - who won the last FIBA world cup? The same nation that won the soccer world cup in 2010.

But even modifying your statement, in soccer dominant countries, the stars are not the best athletes. I am not saying soccer players do not require a super high level of athleticism. I am saying you do not need to see Usain Bolt (presumably the best Jamaican athlete, no?) play soccer to succeed as a national team. Raheem Sterling at 5'7" is the type of athlete you need.
                        http://www.fiba.basketball/basketbal...age_statistics CHECK OUT USA TEAM ROSTER NOT OUR BEST PLAYERS

Comment

moron, when you say that other countries only play soccer, i refuted that statement. I fully understand who was sent to the 2019 fiba championships from the u.s.
                          usa 3rd string played in fiba

Comment

usa 3rd string played in fiba
                            dude, you do ok on the SAT reading section? I brought that up to refute your incorrect statement. I know who we sent.

Comment

dude, you do ok on the sat reading section? I brought that up to refute your incorrect statement. I know who we sent.
                              you are comparing usa basketball with spain basketball usa would dominate if sent our best. The same goes when usa soccer plays spain .spain beats the sh it out of our soccer team not physically but just on a different level

Comment

you are comparing usa basketball with spain basketball usa would dominate if sent our best. The same goes when usa soccer plays spain .spain beats the sh it out of our soccer team not physically but just on a different level
                                Ummmmm... for the third time ... your comment was "the rest of the world only plays soccer." I made a point that the rest of the world also plays other sports, as evidenced by spain being pretty good in basketball. I never said that spain is better than the USA, if we send our best players. You assumed that I was making a broader point and I was not. I was just addressing your belief that in nations that succeed in soccer, everyone just plays soccer. This is not true and I brought up one example to disprove your statement. Do i need to make this clearer for you?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X