Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why do you think ODP was a successful program? Just curious. It seems like DA is doing exactly the same thing as ODP but just with DA kids. Yes, some non-DA kids get excluded. But I wouldn't consider that number significant in terms of lost talent. Non-DA parents will state otherwise, but having been on both sides, I disagree.
    It cost too much bubba! Ussf, ussf da are all profiting at the expense of our generation iPhone,/Xbox dorks!

Comment

It cost too much bubba! Ussf, ussf da are all profiting at the expense of our generation iPhone,/Xbox dorks!
      Compare the cost of DA to the cost of participating in a non-DA club say top 4-5 in the state that travels as part of a statewide league and attends 2-3 showcases per year. It is roughly comparable. You can say pay to play is wrong, but DA is not markedly more expensive than high level travel. If you're on a top u17, you are also traveling quite a bit and racking up the hotel charges. What's more, DA does a good job of organizing team travel where the parents going is totally optional. Not all non-DA programs do, so when the travel takes place, you have to take your kid, thus adding to the cost.

I agree that it's too much a business for everyone involved - from ussf to the owner of the day's inn. however, going away from DA will not change that.

Comment

Why do you think ODP was a successful program? Just curious. It seems like DA is doing exactly the same thing as ODP but just with DA kids. Yes, some non-DA kids get excluded. But I wouldn't consider that number significant in terms of lost talent. Non-DA parents will state otherwise, but having been on both sides, I disagree.
        not every kid that is good plays for a da team period end of story only about 20% play da

Comment

not every kid that is good plays for a da team period end of story only about 20% play da
          DA kids are tactically much more advanced, on the whole, than non-DA kids. The "average" DA kid is much more technical than the "average" non-DA kids. Athletically I would also put the DA kids before the non-DA kids.

No one is saying that ALL the best kids are in DA. That is absurd. But if you would only look one place for talent - if you only had the resources to scout one league or group - no question in my mind you look at DA games.

Comment

DA kids are tactically much more advanced, on the whole, than non-DA kids. The "average" DA kid is much more technical than the "average" non-DA kids. Athletically I would also put the DA kids before the non-DA kids.

No one is saying that ALL the best kids are in DA. That is absurd. But if you would only look one place for talent - if you only had the resources to scout one league or group - no question in my mind you look at DA games.
            Latino Sunday league is better than da. Ussf Latino derrrrrr

Comment

maybe other states but not in FL. What people are saying is that looking only at da teams and kids is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                da kids are tactically much more advanced, on the whole, than non-da kids. The "average" da kid is much more technical than the "average" non-da kids. Athletically i would also put the da kids before the non-da kids.

No one is saying that all the best kids are in da. That is absurd. But if you would only look one place for talent - if you only had the resources to scout one league or group - no question in my mind you look at da games.
                top 4 da kids on each team are good. Below is the same average to above average kids.mls da is a different story but da is very very average in fl.

Comment

Un-affiliate coaches from small kids running the tryouts and noting their speeds, technical, tactacal, size, positioning, etc. Rotate them throughout scrimmages and WATH!

Comment

top 4 da kids on each team are good. Below is the same average to above average kids.mls da is a different story but da is very very average in fl.
                    Let's take South FL as an example. You have 4 DAs: Inter, Weston, Kendall, Boca. Let's take the last two, Boca and Kendall. You think players 5-20 on the roster in Boca and Kendall are so poor that average to above average non-DA playing kids that can be substituted for them? I have to strongly disagree. Weston gives us a good yard stick for comparison. Their non-DA teams are perennial state cup finalists or semi-finalists. So you have some basis for comparison. Players 14-20 (speaking in crazy generalizations) on a weston DA squad often times played the prior year as the best players on the non-DA squad that advanced to finals or semi-finals in state cup play. These players (that shine as the best in non-DA play) often struggle mightily for playing time on the DA team. what does that tell you?

Comment

It’s all well below avg in Florida including mls. Get off the labels and brands it’s a scam

Comment

It’s all well below avg in Florida including mls. Get off the labels and brands it’s a scam
                        You may be right, or not. But that's not the topic. The discussion is whether an ODP like program is better than current ussf scouting which is DA based. Yes, in theory, it would be ideal to scout everyone. Maybe they should attend non-DA matches and sit there with a chair and a little pad at an 8 am west pines tournament match. But understanding that resources are not infinite, I think attending DA matches and particularly MLS Da matches is probably greatest bang for buck.

Comment

let's take south fl as an example. You have 4 das: Inter, weston, kendall, boca. Let's take the last two, boca and kendall. You think players 5-20 on the roster in boca and kendall are so poor that average to above average non-da playing kids that can be substituted for them? I have to strongly disagree. Weston gives us a good yard stick for comparison. Their non-da teams are perennial state cup finalists or semi-finalists. So you have some basis for comparison. Players 14-20 (speaking in crazy generalizations) on a weston da squad often times played the prior year as the best players on the non-da squad that advanced to finals or semi-finals in state cup play. These players (that shine as the best in non-da play) often struggle mightily for playing time on the da team. What does that tell you?
                          you are talking only about south florida we are talking about whole usa

Comment

you are talking only about south florida we are talking about whole usa
                            weston and inter are the only quality clubs period sffa is a req club with a badge

Comment

You may be right, or not. But that's not the topic. The discussion is whether an ODP like program is better than current ussf scouting which is DA based. Yes, in theory, it would be ideal to scout everyone. Maybe they should attend non-DA matches and sit there with a chair and a little pad at an 8 am west pines tournament match. But understanding that resources are not infinite, I think attending DA matches and particularly MLS Da matches is probably greatest bang for buck.
                              Abort DA asap! Remove USSF! Reboot the with another organization asap! Start from scratch! Learn from the mistakes and make critical changes. Ya'll stupid!

Comment

Abort DA asap! Remove USSF! Reboot the with another organization asap! Start from scratch! Learn from the mistakes and make critical changes. Ya'll stupid!
                                So I think you are fighting yesterday’s war. Looking ahead - the MLS wants to have over 30 franchises. They also want to integrate MLS with liga MX to extent possible. What this means is that our youth teams will likely come 90 percent from MLS programs. MLS academy teams may compete in DA or may compete in international leagues with Mexican professional teams. also the more MLS becomes known in Mexico, the more likely Mexican national players in MLS academies will consider playing for the country they have lived in since 14 or 15. Both developments are positive. The reason we suck now is decades of producing suburban athletes from programs like ODP. The thinking and reach needs to be bigger. Neither DA or ODP are tomorrow’s answers.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X