• Show
Clear All

The gap between boys DA and boys ecnl is slowly closing

Comment

yeah.... no

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        yeah.... no
        Generally no; within the DA hierarchy, yeah. Lower level pay to play BDA teams aren't any better than higher level ECNL teams. MLS and a few rare pay to play clubs are multiple levels above. Once MLS leaves the league those lower level BDA clubs will have a much harder time justifying their existence - they're not playing pro clubs, a ton of travel and money + restrictions on HS ball.

Comment

Generally no; within the DA hierarchy, yeah. Lower level pay to play BDA teams aren't any better than higher level ECNL teams. MLS and a few rare pay to play clubs are multiple levels above. Once MLS leaves the league those lower level BDA clubs will have a much harder time justifying their existence - they're not playing pro clubs, a ton of travel and money + restrictions on HS ball.
          Exactly DA pays the same as ECNL. Whats the difference still pay to play system, and the competition is fairly the same. I seen some DA clubs and are horrendous like shouldnt even be that but they are. ECNL at least on boys side is new unlike DA since 2007. So give it time, as everything things change,

Comment

Really

This is myth.. Yes they are different and not sharing players any longer.
            Then why does it appear players change game to game. You said any more which ensenuates they did this before.

Comment

Then why does it appear players change game to game. You said any more which ensenuates they did this before.
              Not the poster but DA teams are allowed to roster part-time players. They have to be on whatever B teams the club has (they can't play part time from another club). Part time players are allowed to play up to 12 games in a season and can be officially added to a DA roster at any time up until April. that could be what you're seeing; I don't know any specifics about that club.

Comment

Not the poster but DA teams are allowed to roster part-time players. They have to be on whatever B teams the club has (they can't play part time from another club). Part time players are allowed to play up to 12 games in a season and can be officially added to a DA roster at any time up until April. that could be what you're seeing; I don't know any specifics about that club.
                Almost. Part-time players can be from a separate club. As long as the directors from both clubs agree on the player playing part time for the DA team. It is done all over the country.

Comment

Yeppers 👍 thank you... finally somebody with a intelligent post...only thing I will say is mls clubs here in Florida are not that great eathier..they all found out how good there were when they went to Dallas..I bet those flights home were quiet

Comment

Yeppers 👍 thank you... finally somebody with a intelligent post...only thing I will say is mls clubs here in Florida are not that great eathier..they all found out how good there were when they went to Dallas..I bet those flights home were quiet
                    Op here. Thanks. For sure MLS isn't 100% quality guarantee either, but more times than not its going to be better. They made DA way too big and started letting in too many poor quality clubs. Lop off at least 1/3 of the clubs, minimum.

Comment

Op here. Thanks. For sure MLS isn't 100% quality guarantee either, but more times than not its going to be better. They made DA way too big and started letting in too many poor quality clubs. Lop off at least 1/3 of the clubs, minimum.
                      Yep ,but to me the da isn't the answer.. they need to go back to 2 teams per age A team b team..no need for all these fancy leauges ..most importantly selected coaches and proper training..not this bullcrap training from a book we teach here in America ..coaching comes from the heart not a format ,....clubs have too much control over the coaches and training ..leaving the state to go play other teams I ridiculous also..at 13 and 14 years old they shouldn't be playing out of state...can't even beat competition in there own state....5k or more per season for a bunch of promises is ludicrous...how do I know ,well my son was part of the system ...I was smart and left..a few others later on saw the light and left as well...Let's just train and play soccer man!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X