X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Weston is full of pedophiles!
    Seems to be true with WFC. And like the church just cover it up and hope it goes away.

Comment

They are in trouble if all of this is true and I now believe it is. The tourney is biggest money make for them and essential to covering costs of their high paid coaches. My son plays here and we figured all this would play out and be fine since he is on a younger team and not traveling like the academy teams. Yesterday after 4 years with the club we were told games may be cancelled this weekend due insurance. Now I hear it may not be a simple insurance fix and the FYSA is the reason. What could parents possibly do? Any options anyone can think of? Our whole team is chatting and wondering if we could leave to go to another club and get carded. We don't know what to do.
      You should not have stayed. Why did anyone stay with this club? Leave now is your best option. If you are not carded you should be able to get carded somewhere else.

Comment

You guys are stupid. The insurance issue will be resolved shortly. All is well. It was a board error.

Comment

FYSA has an over encompassing liability insurance for themselves and the clubs. FYSA was told by their insurance company that they will drop FYSA if they continue to have WFC as one of their affiliated clubs. This insurance is the same for all YSA's in all of the states so it is not like they can just go get a new one. So I don't see how WFC getting their own insurance helps at all. I think Weston is lying to their families trying to put a band aid on this issue. We will see but from what leagues were told yesterday "Weston FC is done with FYSA" may be true. Just ask any league director and they will tell you this to be the truth. FYSA can no longer carry them as an affiliated club.
          http://www.fysa.com/clubs/insurance-coverage/
          DA plays under US Soccer insurance coverage and liability so a different system. However FYSA covers Westons Pre Academy, Black, White, Blue and any other color they can think of, without FYSA they have to go other alternatives including cannot play Miami Dade League, SFYUSA, and other State Organized hosted Tournaments which means they cannot host their Weston Cup as every year. The news from last year hazing and the $$$$ they had to pay out to victims did not sit well, lost of a lot of money, in turn FYSA doesn't want Weston around as bad business.

Whether allegations of incident were right or wrong, don't know, but news in FYSA and all other clubs, Stay Away from Weston!!!! Bad business and reputation risk to anyone.

Comment

fake news by the liberals. weston will not feel the bern.

Comment

Tournament won’t be sanctioned and when they pay out the law suit the club will be bankrupt
              Emails were sent as of last night anyone thats been given half comps or comps will also need to make payments. Weston is trying to recoup money anywhere they can.

Sucks for a club like Weston! Guess no league games for any of their players until hopefully they are insured with anyone else, which i dont think they ever thought this could happen to them. If they get insurance, parents will be very happy, additional fees for new insurance will be needed.

Comment

I think you are correct, it wouldn't be a sanctioned FYSA event. Since the tourney is a huge portion of their operating funds for the year this will be a big problem. Do you think less teams will attend if it is not FYSA sanctioned? The Safesport investigation was due back by now, I wonder if this had any impact on the insurance cancellation. I could care less about WFC but boy would that be terrible if all those kids have no where to play at this point in the season. We certainly made right choice to jump ship last year but I do hate having my kids play outside our own city.
                I don't believe Weston saw this coming or was naive and was playing the card to all this unfolded. Those that left especially coaches left at the right time, tarnished Weston's reputation and image. The money Safesport has to pay did not sit well and also reported to FYSA which would make sense, pulled out their Passes as of yesterday in case comes back and bites them as well. Therefore, Weston Cup if happens will be more than before as need money and doubt many will want to play a non sanctioned tournament. Good Bye Weston was nice while lasted.

Comment

They are in trouble if all of this is true and I now believe it is. The tourney is biggest money make for them and essential to covering costs of their high paid coaches. My son plays here and we figured all this would play out and be fine since he is on a younger team and not traveling like the academy teams. Yesterday after 4 years with the club we were told games may be cancelled this weekend due insurance. Now I hear it may not be a simple insurance fix and the FYSA is the reason. What could parents possibly do? Any options anyone can think of? Our whole team is chatting and wondering if we could leave to go to another club and get carded. We don't know what to do.

GO TO ANY CLUB WITH YOUR TEAM AND PLAYERS THAT HAVE US CLUB SOCCER!!!!!

Wonder if they will give you all money back... LOL.... Nope. they need to make payments to their coaches and think about it what coaches want to be associated to a complete mess even for those funding the DA program and their coaches there. Makes no sense. Once insurance is given we are hearing costs will go up 200-300 per player

Comment

You guys are stupid. The insurance issue will be resolved shortly. All is well. It was a board error.
                    keep saying that to yourself, ask around, ask other clubs and call FYSA, you will be the real stupid one for being misinformed, its not an error.

Comment

A board error? The board has had many errors but this isn't one of them. FYSA insurance said no more WFC. That isn't WFC board error.
                      They are scrambling now to try and find a way to get FYSA to let them back in using some above and beyond insurance but FYSA losing their insurance if they take WFC back is the issue. I hope they do get it worked out so my kid can play. If you play at WFC right now like we do then I know you are hearing all this info also. We are all worried right now.

Comment

GO TO ANY CLUB WITH YOUR TEAM AND PLAYERS THAT HAVE US CLUB SOCCER!!!!!

Wonder if they will give you all money back... LOL.... Nope. they need to make payments to their coaches and think about it what coaches want to be associated to a complete mess even for those funding the DA program and their coaches there. Makes no sense. Once insurance is given we are hearing costs will go up 200-300 per player
                        what US CLUB Soccer tournaments or leagues are there in south florida? I never heard of any.

Comment

no one at FYSA will tell you anything, because it is a private matter, so dont talk shît

Comment

How much do you want to bet the Weston Tournament in February will happen? the tournament is ran by Bill Fisher, he has nothing to do with colombia.

Comment

How much do you want to bet the Weston Tournament in February will happen? the tournament is ran by Bill Fisher, he has nothing to do with colombia.
                              Question is if it is not sanctioned by FYSA and WFC players are not carded under FYSA then how does that work and will the amount of teams drop?

Comment

WFC had emergency board meeting last night. Board told that there are 2 insurance companies they are requesting a quote from but that FYSA has not approved either yet. One quote was estimated at 300k but that is only an estimate. FYSA may get reprieve from their insurance company if WFC gets their own insurance and it meets minimum standards. So real issue is can WFC afford their own insurance and how will they pay for it if it is say 300-500K?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X