Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goonball in Georgia

For years I've been hearing about how great and powerful these "Atlanta" teams are.

After going up this past weekend, I got a first hand view of what's going on up there and it ain't pretty. It's appallingly bad.

In all my years watching youth soccer (about 8 years now) I've never seen such poor, one sided display of "home cooking" with these Atlanta officials.

When these same teams came to Florida...their "superior style" was on full display (without their referees in tow)...let's recap. At Veterans one player and the coach were given yellow cards after numerous warnings...and then the next day, a different player, same team, given a yellow for running over, and through a player, never even considered playing the ball (should have been a red because it was from behind and the intent was to clearly mug)...and finally after the Florida ref at Patton had heard enough verbal abuse from the Atlanta parents...they too were awarded a yellow card.

Not impressed with Atlanta...except how tightly they have everyone on the same page up there...my kid is home now, bruised, limping and in pain...but victorious. So what does that tell you about the Atlanta brand of goonball? With every advantage given...still lost.

And those garbage Atlanta refs allow this brutal sloppy dangerous style to only go one way, even allowing a play advantage after an obvious head injury and player down (whom had to leave the game)...dare touch an Atlanta player and their Atlanta parents erupt in horror, any penalty awarded, is neutralized by line infractions or other such technical mechanisms...conversely, their kids running top speed into players full force with the intention of knocking down, (unsuccessfully) stepping back two feet and again throwing their body into the same player, throwing elbows into ribs, kicking from behind...all celebrated as part of the game...until it's their kid with a bruised rib. This is Atlanta...and it only plays in Atlanta because they can't beat Florida with skill or speed...only when someone seriously gets injured will this negligence be resolved...because It can't be anything else...referees, as bad as some are...can't be this bad unless it's purposeful.

join chess puss y

Comment

Seems about par for the course with youth soccer. Dont expect to get a fair shake in South fl either unless you are local. Have only been out of state for showcases, for the big ones you usually wont play all local teams, so it doesn't show as bad, but hitting the road for big games it seems to be a widespread issue.

Comment

Typical

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        join chess puss y
        Typical reaction from...what kind of parent exactly has this kind of reaction?

You support this?

Oh...I get it. You support it until it's your kid...then you're fist fighting with other parents...you're one of those Youtube lunatics...I understand.

Because I've played, and watched soccer my whole life...and seldom have seen such dangerous Ben Thatcher antics allowed, celebrated...perhaps taught. But I'm sure you're busy looking up Ben Thatcher because you're 3 years a fan...and have no baseline for what I'm talking about.

Comment

Typical reaction from...what kind of parent exactly has this kind of reaction?

You support this?

Oh...I get it. You support it until it's your kid...then you're fist fighting with other parents...you're one of those Youtube lunatics...I understand.

Because I've played, and watched soccer my whole life...and seldom have seen such dangerous Ben Thatcher antics allowed, celebrated...perhaps taught. But I'm sure you're busy looking up Ben Thatcher because you're 3 years a fan...and have no baseline for what I'm talking about.
          pussification of america

Comment

Meh...loser

pussification of america
            Meh...doцchеьаg

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
              for years i've been hearing about how great and powerful these "atlanta" teams are.

After going up this past weekend, i got a first hand view of what's going on up there and it ain't pretty. It's appallingly bad.

In all my years watching youth soccer (about 8 years now) i've never seen such poor, one sided display of "home cooking" with these atlanta officials.

When these same teams came to florida...their "superior style" was on full display (without their referees in tow)...let's recap. At veterans one player and the coach were given yellow cards after numerous warnings...and then the next day, a different player, same team, given a yellow for running over, and through a player, never even considered playing the ball (should have been a red because it was from behind and the intent was to clearly mug)...and finally after the florida ref at patton had heard enough verbal abuse from the atlanta parents...they too were awarded a yellow card.

Not impressed with atlanta...except how tightly they have everyone on the same page up there...my kid is home now, bruised, limping and in pain...but victorious. So what does that tell you about the atlanta brand of goonball? With every advantage given...still lost.

And those garbage atlanta refs allow this brutal sloppy dangerous style to only go one way, even allowing a play advantage after an obvious head injury and player down (whom had to leave the game)...dare touch an atlanta player and their atlanta parents erupt in horror, any penalty awarded, is neutralized by line infractions or other such technical mechanisms...conversely, their kids running top speed into players full force with the intention of knocking down, (unsuccessfully) stepping back two feet and again throwing their body into the same player, throwing elbows into ribs, kicking from behind...all celebrated as part of the game...until it's their kid with a bruised rib. This is atlanta...and it only plays in atlanta because they can't beat florida with skill or speed...only when someone seriously gets injured will this negligence be resolved...because it can't be anything else...referees, as bad as some are...can't be this bad unless it's purposeful.
              you are what is wrong with youth sports and our society today

Comment

I have a feeling the parents from Georgia would talk about how your team is a bunch if whiners and you fouled just as much as they did.

These posts are quite useless as its in the eye of the beholder and normally the truth is somewhere in the middle. The refs weren't all THAT bad and your team fouled just as much as their's did. You just have goggles on that are incapable of letting you be impartial.

Carry on and blame fouls only the other team and keep believing all refs suck and are out to get you.

Comment

For years I've been hearing about how great and powerful these "Atlanta" teams are.

After going up this past weekend, I got a first hand view of what's going on up there and it ain't pretty. It's appallingly bad.

In all my years watching youth soccer (about 8 years now) I've never seen such poor, one sided display of "home cooking" with these Atlanta officials.

When these same teams came to Florida...their "superior style" was on full display (without their referees in tow)...let's recap. At Veterans one player and the coach were given yellow cards after numerous warnings...and then the next day, a different player, same team, given a yellow for running over, and through a player, never even considered playing the ball (should have been a red because it was from behind and the intent was to clearly mug)...and finally after the Florida ref at Patton had heard enough verbal abuse from the Atlanta parents...they too were awarded a yellow card.

Not impressed with Atlanta...except how tightly they have everyone on the same page up there...my kid is home now, bruised, limping and in pain...but victorious. So what does that tell you about the Atlanta brand of goonball? With every advantage given...still lost.

And those garbage Atlanta refs allow this brutal sloppy dangerous style to only go one way, even allowing a play advantage after an obvious head injury and player down (whom had to leave the game)...dare touch an Atlanta player and their Atlanta parents erupt in horror, any penalty awarded, is neutralized by line infractions or other such technical mechanisms...conversely, their kids running top speed into players full force with the intention of knocking down, (unsuccessfully) stepping back two feet and again throwing their body into the same player, throwing elbows into ribs, kicking from behind...all celebrated as part of the game...until it's their kid with a bruised rib. This is Atlanta...and it only plays in Atlanta because they can't beat Florida with skill or speed...only when someone seriously gets injured will this negligence be resolved...because It can't be anything else...referees, as bad as some are...can't be this bad unless it's purposeful.
                  Some clubs are worse than others; officiating is horrid and these local refs know who is paying their checks; the bias oozes with calls. Surprised more brawls don't break out. Having said that, I would not be surprised to read the same but replacing with Jax/Veterans Park.

Comment

Pahlease

you are what is wrong with youth sports and our society today
                    Sure. Playing a game with rules, and allowing for nov athletic snails to hack, kick, push and claw their way through a game that doesn't allow for such tactics...and the to say that's what is wrong...this isn't hockey...it's soccer, perhaps you should familiarise yourself with the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                      sure. Playing a game with rules, and allowing for nov athletic snails to hack, kick, push and claw their way through a game that doesn't allow for such tactics...and the to say that's what is wrong...this isn't hockey...it's soccer, perhaps you should familiarise yourself with the rules.
                      non athletic snails your kid should be able to run around them or pass the ball before they got hacked. It is actually very simple pass the ball

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X