Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would just like to know if tournaments really do disqualify clubs/teams that do not book through specific tournament-approved hotels. I know the threat is definitely stated in the small print, but do they actually go through with it?
    I have no direct knowledge of it happening but have always heard rumors. But here's the thing: isn't it worth an extra $30 night for your kid to stay in the same hotel as their teammates? Kids love hanging out together and it's good for them to. If you're new to youth soccer and this is an issue you may want to reconsider. Teams fees and travel costs only get worse as they get older.

Comment

Anyone dealing with EDP november tournament? We were given list of hotels that are all potentially extremely far from fields and they havent yet released info on where each age group/bracket will actually be playing. Not trying to end up with a hotel an hour away from the fields, which looks like a possibility.

Comment

Anyone dealing with EDP november tournament? We were given list of hotels that are all potentially extremely far from fields and they havent yet released info on where each age group/bracket will actually be playing. Not trying to end up with a hotel an hour away from the fields, which looks like a possibility.
        There are very few good options for that one unfortunately

Comment

There aren’t any hotels anywhere close to the turf farm newbie

Comment

Must be a sporting moron parent

Comment

Not all kids get along, not all parents get along. Get off of that kick its not summer camp kids do not hang out like they used to. They are all on their phones or watching tv. parents are all over the place. More of a nightmare to try to organize a team dinner at some low rent restaurant. Not everyone likes all the same food or going somewhere they can go when they are home.

Take some responsibility if coach say game is at 10 we want you there at 9. You are there at 9 if not you dont play. Easy easy. People should be able to stay where ever they want. These clubs have you handcuffed with the cost to play already. Now they are going to tell you where to stay. Not on my watch and never missed a game, practice or other.

Comment

Not all kids get along, not all parents get along. Get off of that kick its not summer camp kids do not hang out like they used to. They are all on their phones or watching tv. parents are all over the place. More of a nightmare to try to organize a team dinner at some low rent restaurant. Not everyone likes all the same food or going somewhere they can go when they are home.

Take some responsibility if coach say game is at 10 we want you there at 9. You are there at 9 if not you dont play. Easy easy. People should be able to stay where ever they want. These clubs have you handcuffed with the cost to play already. Now they are going to tell you where to stay. Not on my watch and never missed a game, practice or other.
                I used to slay several milfs when I went in these overnights

Comment

I used to slay several milfs when I went in these overnights
                  Definitely hook ups going on, you're crazy to send your spouse to these things alone

Comment

Definitely hook ups going on, you're crazy to send your spouse to these things alone
                    We used to have all the kids hang out in one of the parents room and I would hang out with 2 sometimes 3 of the “alone” moms in my room, pound some drinks, pull all nighters and switch it up with them sometimes watching them go at it with each other. These were the best times of my life, best thing is no one would ever talk about it

Comment

I used to take one of the moms and her kid with me and my kid everywhere. We saved by getting one room and when the kids fell asleep, we punched in the bathroom. She was my soccer wife

Comment

dad on dad is where is it at. where you losers been?

Comment

I’m the original poster. And thanks everyone for the comments. Just to clarify, we are staying in the same hotel as the team, but through Expedia it’s 84 a night and through the tourney it’s 142 a night. Same room. I just want my kid to play, but paying so much more seems absurd.

Comment

I’m the original poster. And thanks everyone for the comments. Just to clarify, we are staying in the same hotel as the team, but through Expedia it’s 84 a night and through the tourney it’s 142 a night. Same room. I just want my kid to play, but paying so much more seems absurd.
                            Good for you. the soccer cabal tries to stick it to the families every chance they get. try to hit back where you can. Good luck at the tourney!

Comment

You're a lot of fun to be with

Comment

that's bs - the group rates usually aren't anything spectacular, but they typically are a little less than regular. To have the group rate be almost double is utter bs. It's a tricky game, but don't let your club boss you around - you're the customer and typically these clubs are run by people that are good at soccer but are awful at running a business.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X