Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Maybe I should start a go fund me page, for my kid to play club soccer.

Get in line. Already been done.

And it probably a better idea then fundraising through bthe club. With go fund me, someone that wants to pay for kids to play in these bloated over priced wasteful
    clubs can do so and leave the rest of us alone

Comment

It's a hidden fee, no different than many other businesses that don't like upfront pricing. I would just suck it up and pay it instead of griping... you pay $2500/yr plus $300 for uniforms and who knows how much for tournaments and travel and you're going to gripe about an additional $50 cost? Pay it and move on (wrote a check yourself) or leave and go play for a club that doesn't require fund raise and has up-front pricing... Stars and Scorpions don't fund raise and are upfront with their costs though travel adds up. Not sure who to look at on the boys side as I'm pretty sure Bolts and NEFC do the fundraising and GPS has all kinds of inflated fees from touranment fees to credit card processing fees.
      I tend to steer clear of shady businesses that are not transparent in their prices. I only pay for what I agree to pay for services rendered. End of story.

Comment

Meh, I had to raise funds for my hockey club as a kid 40 years ago. This is nothing new.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2578194]
          It's a hidden fee, no different than many other businesses that don't like upfront pricing. I would just suck it up and pay it instead of griping... you pay $2500/yr plus $300 for uniforms and who knows how much for tournaments and travel and you're going to gripe about an additional $50 cost? Pay it and move on (wrote a check yourself) or leave and go play for a club that doesn't require fund raise and has up-front pricing... Stars and Scorpions don't fund raise and are upfront with their costs though travel adds up. Not sure who to look at on the boys side as I'm pretty sure Bolts and NEFC do the fundraising and GPS has all kinds of inflated fees from touranment fees to credit card processing fees.[/QUOTE

I just simply don’t fundraiser for club soccer. I skip it all together, when the time comes. The world still turns. We pay for the product we agree to pay for, and that’s it.
          Our old club had it written in to the contract that we had to do the fundraiser or pay for the tickets ourselves.

Comment

Lol. 40 years ago was a different world my friend. I will give a donation equivalent to what they wanted 40 years ago. Probably the equivalent of 20 bucks.

That's not even enough to buy lunch and a latte at the airport as these little stars wait to board planes to go play kid soccer a thousand miles away. It is a whole different level of stupid now a days.

Comment

Meh, I had to raise funds for my hockey club as a kid 40 years ago. This is nothing new.
              Hockey Club? 40 years ago? Were you on the junior Montreal Canadiens, or what? Ha Ha! Was your hockey club 40 years ago a full on business with paid coaches, that charged you thousands to play? I think not.

Comment

The clubs should be transparent on exactly where the fundraising $ actually
                Goes.

I’m sure the LLC clubs who run fundraisers use this to line their own pockets. Sad really.

As a previous poster stated we are better off donating money to charities.

Comment

Lol. 40 years ago was a different world my friend. I will give a donation equivalent to what they wanted 40 years ago. Probably the equivalent of 20 bucks.

That's not even enough to buy lunch and a latte at the airport as these little stars wait to board planes to go play kid soccer a thousand miles away. It is a whole different level of stupid now a days.
                  The good old days are gone. Youth sports have been entirely reengineered for absolute maximum of dollar extraction from the families involved.

Comment

Why don’t you all tell your kids to quit or you can STFU. What a bunch of whiny (b)itches. Poor me! Poor us! Let’s go get some cheap therapy on an anonymous message board rather than nutting up and talking to admins at our club face to face. No wonder you all raise such entitled little passive-aggressive basket cases. Serious, just quit.

Comment

Why don’t you all tell your kids to quit or you can STFU. What a bunch of whiny (b)itches. Poor me! Poor us! Let’s go get some cheap therapy on an anonymous message board rather than nutting up and talking to admins at our club face to face. No wonder you all raise such entitled little passive-aggressive basket cases. Serious, just quit.
                      You quit if you can't even handle well deserved criticism of some of the issues with modern youth sports.

Comment

You quit if you can't even handle well deserved criticism of some of the issues with modern youth sports.
                        I’m fine with club soccer. I’m not fine with whiners.

Comment

SSS and Bolts expect every kid to raise money for the club. It’s how things work in 2019

Comment

I’m fine with club soccer. I’m not fine with whiners.
                            I’m fine with paying for my kid to play. I’m not fine with paying for someone else’s kid to pay too.

Comment

I’m fine with paying for my kid to play. I’m not fine with paying for someone else’s kid to pay too.
                              Cheap people love to whine.

Comment

Cheap people love to whine.
                                please. my kid has been at club soccer a long time. you think your customers are going to be guilted into coughing up more moola by calling us cheap? hahahaha you have to call us much worse then that and it still wouldn't work.. sorry.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X