Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You say freeloader, I say brand definer.
    The freeload players are the product that payload player parents are buying

The lower half of an ECNL lineup and all but the Top 3 or 4 on GDA are indistinguishable from top NPL players. Most of the parents of payload players on championship caliber teams are specifically buying an association with that team and its truly top tier players
    the club and the club alone decides to comp these players. The other team members are not on board.

Why don't you take a little poll of your team and ask everybody if they are ok with covering the fee for your superstar or if they would prefer to keep that money for their own player...even if that means your little superstar will go play elsewhere.

Comment

You say freeloader, I say brand definer.
      The freeload players are the product that payload player parents are buying

The lower half of an ECNL lineup and all but the Top 3 or 4 on GDA are indistinguishable from top NPL players. Most of the parents of payload players on championship caliber teams are specifically buying an association with that team and its truly top tier players
      In all the teams you just mentioned, I can assure you there is nobody special enough to define
      a club “brand”. We are talking suburban USA, not Barcelona. Put down the crack pipe. Your kid is not that special.

Comment

First mistake is paying for Ecnl ,so might as well waste more money.Lol
        HAHA, your daughter didn't make the team so you think it's a waste of money.

Comment

HAHA, your daughter didn't make the team so you think it's a waste of money.
          HAHA, gee what you took you so long to make that tired old comment. every single time. try again.

Comment

I made it through summer ignoring the furious onslaught of ID clinic emails. Now it seems the winter clinic invites (all generic) are rolling in.

I have a freshman girl. Is it time to start paying attention and go to a few clinics to shake out the nerves before attending school-specific ones this and next summer?

If she is playing ECNL showcases do I really need to bother with the ID clinics?
            I think it can be a value add tool in the process. Find an event that has a school or 2 that she is interested in and go. Make sure to contact the coach ahead of time to make sure they are truly attending. Once there make sure she introduces herself to the coaches she is interested in.

You will NOT get an offer and will be asked to attend the schools clinic and what tournaments you are playing in during the late fall.

It is one step in a big process, but it worked for my kid.

Comment

Pretty hard to not make two teams with a total roster of 46 .

Comment

I think it can be a value add tool in the process. Find an event that has a school or 2 that she is interested in and go. Make sure to contact the coach ahead of time to make sure they are truly attending. Once there make sure she introduces herself to the coaches she is interested in.

You will NOT get an offer and will be asked to attend the schools clinic and what tournaments you are playing in during the late fall.

It is one step in a big process, but it worked for my kid.
                From our experience, we have seen the same thing. Unless you are a true "unicorn" of a player, you will not get an offer until you attend a camp at that school. It's a huge commitment from both parties so they want to make sure you like the campus, can get along with current players, etc.

Comment

From our experience, we have seen the same thing. Unless you are a true "unicorn" of a player, you will not get an offer until you attend a camp at that school. It's a huge commitment from both parties so they want to make sure you like the campus, can get along with current players, etc.
                  Totally agree. The coach wants to see how your kid matches up with other recruits. Luckily my kid had a good showing and got an early offer.

Comment

Yes, I agree. My D received the generic camp invite but when she didn't respond another personalized invite arrived. Young can never tell which are really interested.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X