Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Right. So what exactly are we being told to celebrate then? Excellence is to be admired and celebrated. Average ( in terms of College soccer) not so much
    Kids are happy, playing soccer, getting an education. It's all good bro.

Comment

Amen!!!!!!!!???

Comment

If a kid is excellent, objective observers will praise her and celebrate it. Trying to pretend that simply making a College roster is worthy of collective celebration is exactly the low bar that the GDA/ECNL Club crowd are selling to the legions of average players they rely on to line their pockets.

Where my kid plays has nothing to do with it.Im not asking you to celebrate it.
        It’s not easy to “make a roster” or play any sport in college. Kids that do are in a small percentage. It’s impressive at any level. Stop being such a dipshît. I’m sorry that you or your daughter never got to the next level. It’s ok, you’re in the majority.

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/varsityodds.html

Comment

It’s not easy to “make a roster” or play any sport in college. Kids that do are in a small percentage. It’s impressive at any level. Stop being such a dipshît. I’m sorry that you or your daughter never got to the next level. It’s ok, you’re in the majority.

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/varsityodds.html
          Back to the everyone wins culture. Im all for the families being happy. They dont need to tell me to celebrate Jane. The two are not mutually inclusive. The hilarious part is the assumption that because I feel that way, my kids or me never got to some level.

No matter how you place the bait, Im not biting. I dont feel the need to have strangers on teh internet celebrating my kid. If she is good enough, strangers in the stands will do it.

Either way Im proud of her and dont need the validation of some internet troll

Comment

Kids are happy, playing soccer, getting an education. It's all good bro.
            They are? Sure ...some are. I bet there are several on that list who are not. Then again, why let reality kick in.

Comment

Back to the everyone wins culture. Im all for the families being happy. They dont need to tell me to celebrate Jane. The two are not mutually inclusive. The hilarious part is the assumption that because I feel that way, my kids or me never got to some level.

No matter how you place the bait, Im not biting. I dont feel the need to have strangers on teh internet celebrating my kid. If she is good enough, strangers in the stands will do it.

Either way Im proud of her and dont need the validation of some internet troll
              Her friends in the stands at the Friday night Coed Intramural league will celebrate her, not sure about strangers. It’s really ok that you or your daughter didn’t make it to the next level. As the prior poster stated, it’s no easy feat. The odds are against a high percentage of players. Not sure about the relevance of your “everyone wins culture” comment.

Comment

They are? Sure ...some are. I bet there are several on that list who are not. Then again, why let reality kick in.
                Sounds like you fall squarely into the not happy category. What a downer comment, thanks Debbie.

Comment

That's why half of that list probably won't be there by junior year

Comment

That's why half of that list probably won't be there by junior year
                    D1 Athletics is a real grind and is also a competitive, pressure cooker environment. You need to make a ton of sacrifices in your personal life, manage classes/grades, eat right, get enough sleep (a challenge in and of itself in college) and it involves significant travel in many cases. It’s not for everyone and especially those that aren’t seeing much PT.

Comment

There are 2019 D1 players from FSA that are not even listed as committed on the FSA site so don't get two hung up on these lists. I'm sure other clubs are the same.

Comment

There are 2019 D1 players from FSA that are not even listed as committed on the FSA site so don't get two hung up on these lists. I'm sure other clubs are the same.
                        "Too hung up" before grammar/spelling police arrive.

Comment

says the person who is clearly hung up on the accuracy of these lists. I dont care about any of the lists. If a player is worthy of mention, im sure that will be obvious in time. If not, who cares if she is or is not on some commit list.

Parents should enjoy their kids achievements and worry a lot less about what others think.

Comment

So then add them. The poster said they knew it probably isnt a complete list. However given it's FSA sorry if we're all a bit suspect about your claim. And if they have a lot more commitments they should list them. Pretty uncommon for a club to not list commitments

Comment

What does it mean on the CFC ECNL list that some girls are not on college rosters? Parents forked over $50k all in for soccer including travel expenses over their kids' youth soccer careers and they aren't even playing in college? Money to burn.

Comment

What does it mean on the CFC ECNL list that some girls are not on college rosters? Parents forked over $50k all in for soccer including travel expenses over their kids' youth soccer careers and they aren't even playing in college? Money to burn.
                                As has been repeated the list is not complete.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X